Blizzard Just Tweeted About WoW Being Down

General Discussion
It looks like they don't know yet what's going on, they are still "investigating".

"Our Network Admins are working on the Desktop App Queue issue, run the WoW-64.exe file directly in the meantime to bypass the launcher."

"The workaround may not help as users are reporting character issues once getting in to the game. Admins still investigating"

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS
thanks for the update, very helpful!

although really disappointing. i -just- sat down to play when this whole DDoS mess started
^ With how well the website is running right now, that wouldn't be really useful.
Their own site gets over-inundated with requests when stuff like this happens. I have to refresh pages five or six times before they display instead of timing out. Using a 3rd party site like Twitter is much smarter in my opinion.
Yea... except half the servers are down.
What is happening is called a DDOS attack. Get some Popcorn and watch the show.

http://map.ipviking.com/
11/28/2014 08:11 PMPosted by Nforcer
It's a shame they can't post it here....you know, on their own site.

Twitter is quicker and more wide spread then their forums could be. After all this guy just posted here. Blizzard does a lot on twitter to inform customers AS SOON as things happen.
Ohh man, 1/2 a bottle of wine down and questing happily, trying to pretend my in laws are not really here. Does this mean I should actually go and visit with them? Is this my Karma? Or should I be happy trolling the forums? I visited with them yesterday, the day before they were to leave, yet they are still here. I am hating China right now for giving wow ebola. I have been at 27 min Q for an hour. I don't pretend to be good at math, but something seems wrong with the time? No? I am tipsy now, and I love you all, because you are not camped out all over my house. :)
Yawn waiting again to log in......hopefully once blizzard loses enough subs due to unstable gameplay/garbage servers they will be forced to accommodate the 7 million subscribers they take money from monthly to play their game not to mention other paid in full games like Diablo, StarCraft and Hearthstone too. There is no excuse.....
I am on the realm selection screen and I am watching my 2 main realms come online then go off then back on the off again..
YEH!!!! I love paying to wait!!!
!@#$ing script kiddies and their ddos %^-*.

i bought my level 90 and i want to play!!!!!!!!!
Man I just turned off Dragon Age Origins and then I read this..

>.> Well, maybe I should go back to playing that for awhile..
mmmm being in a bg in the middle of a disconnection spree...this should turn out well....
11/28/2014 08:11 PMPosted by Nforcer
It's a shame they can't post it here....you know, on their own site.

It is...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15355107326
I gave up, but look, the forums has registered that I'm a 100 now!
11/28/2014 08:20 PMPosted by Somrak
Yawn waiting again to log in......hopefully once blizzard loses enough subs due to unstable gameplay/garbage servers they will be forced to accommodate the 7 million subscribers they take money from monthly to play their game not to mention other paid in full games like Diablo, StarCraft and Hearthstone too. There is no excuse.....

You're an idiot and have no idea what a DDoS is.
11/28/2014 08:20 PMPosted by Vimp
Ohh man, 1/2 a bottle of wine down and questing happily, trying to pretend my in laws are not really here. Does this mean I should actually go and visit with them? Is this my Karma? Or should I be happy trolling the forums? I visited with them yesterday, the day before they were to leave, yet they are still here. I am hating China right now for giving wow ebola. I have been at 27 min Q for an hour. I don't pretend to be good at math, but something seems wrong with the time? No? I am tipsy now, and I love you all, because you are not camped out all over my house. :)

Its cause you're Ally :P
I tried the x64 trick and keep getting the b.net error 2. oh well I'm gunna load up tropico 5 and send a gang of federalis after grandma ....happy gaming