Well your nerf failed horribly..

Paladin
Posted by Kirahn
lol, I don't pug, so.. have fun trying to kick me :P

edit: also i'm so bad despite being in all 346+ gear save for a trinket and weap, :/

Grats you can farm rep in easy heroics?
<blockquote data-quote="15363458519"><div>Posted by Lylthe</div>I did the math:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1406258637?page=2#36

Do NOT Crusader Strike. It's a net loss of mana, and a net loss of HPS.</blockquote>

If its heavy damage and you have a bit of mana and your HS is on cooldown why wouldnt you use it to get another HP?
One thing has obviously changed: LoD with beacon on tank heals the tank more than WoG. Now it heals less even if you can hit 5 ppl (including the tank).
12/14/2010 11:09 PMPosted by Nonebrain
One thing has obviously changed: LoD with beacon on tank heals the tank more than WoG. Now it heals less even if you can hit 5 ppl (including the tank).

You can get 6 targets fairly easily in even 5 mans. My LoD heals for ~1450-1550 per hit now, my WoG, if i used the glpyh, would heal for ~3900 - 4200.

At 5 targets, healing the beacon with a LoD hit:
LoD = 4*1550*0.5 + 1550 = 4650
WoG = 4200

Then consider you can hit 6 in a 5 man, and that the LoD does actual healing, and the result of the actual healing's beacon is larger then the intended function of WoG. That is to say, a LoD overhealing for 80% will still do more healing then WoG to the tank, even after the reduction.
12/14/2010 9:04 PMPosted by Wonderbuff
if you group requires a heal every single gcd or people are going to die, then you may want to reconsider using more cc and organizing pulls better.

Welcome to Heroics, where the tank often takes big spikey damage and the DPS aren't perfect.

Posted by Faelyne
[quote="null"]15361259842

You can get 6 targets fairly easily in even 5 mans. My LoD heals for ~1450-1550 per hit now, my WoG, if i used the glpyh, would heal for ~3900 - 4200.

At 5 targets, healing the beacon with a LoD hit:

LoD = 4*1550*0.5 + 1550 = 4650

WoG = 4200

Then consider you can hit 6 in a 5 man, and that the LoD does actual healing, and the result of the actual healing's beacon is larger then the intended function of WoG. That is to say, a LoD overhealing for 80% will still do more healing then WoG to the tank, even after the reduction.[/quote]
Exactly, the situation was... if you hit more than 3 targets with LoD (including the tank), it will top WoG's healing. Now you need to hit all five to get about the same amount as WoG. And that can hardly be the case in a five man. Considering the latency on beacon of light. And the eternal glory talent, there is no point in using LoD to heal the tank ATM.
PS: in both cases your own [protectors of innocent] will be transfered to the tank as well, but itdoesn't matter in this discussion.

Welcome to Heroics, where the tank often takes big spikey damage and the DPS aren't perfect.

ive healed every single heroic at least twice to completion (apart from side bosses in HoO that groups always seem to skip). Tanks *can* take big spike damage, but more often that not its predictable when its going to happen, and isnt constant. I run probably about 50% pug 50% guild runs, and most dps isnt perfect, but still, sparing a gcd every now and again for HP isnt going to be the difference between life and death.
edit:wow forums are being odd right now.
Posted by Nonebrain
Exactly, the situation was... if you hit more than 3 targets with LoD (including the tank), it will top WoG's healing. Now you need to hit all five to get about the same amount as WoG. And that can hardly be the case in a five man. Considering the latency on beacon of light. And the eternal glory talent, there is no point in using LoD to heal the tank ATM.

PS: in both cases your own [protectors of innocent] will be transfered to the tank as well, but itdoesn't matter in this discussion.

I am saying that anywhere that matters will by default have 6 targets always in range. LoD will hit bloodworms, pets of all kinds, including Army and Treants, shadow fiends, possbily even the shadowy apparitions. Go into a raid and you will easily have 6 targets all the time. If they were worried about WoG not being used, they didn't really do anything to change that.

Also remember, we are considering a LoD that over heals 4 or 5 people for 100% overheal, still being better to heal 1 person compared to LoD. If you even consider that 1 or 2 extra people are hut even the slightest, it really gets silly. Tell me, how often are you only having 1/5 people in a heroic not at 100% HP and you are not doing nothing? I don't think I noticed a situation like that outside of the intial pulls.
Posted by Littlejerry
if you're spending a global CD hitting a target rather than healing you need to be kicked from group.

Wasn't one of the dev's big points about healing in cata to make it less spammy?

It's more spammy now that it has ever been. If we have to worry about very GD, doesn't that defeat this expansion? Seems like we traded our huge spammy heals for, for cheap long heals.

Sounds less spammy to me. Do you know what you just said?