The Jynus Guide to being a HUGE NOOB!

Shaman
1 2 3 35 Next
You're not a noob you say? Well then, you better get over to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369739879 and learn what you should be doing to be PRO!!!
also, please report this thread for sticky removal and of course vote my new thread for sticky
lalalala

laaaaaaaaa
la
Hey Jynus, You have time to throw one of these guides up for healing heroics by chance?
I actually Glyphed out of WS and back to RT so I can have a)more HoTs rolling and b)more targets to start a CH. If I have mana issues I'll go back. I try to keep all my RT HoT's rolling on melee and I pick a wounded Raider whose HoT is running out to be my primary CH target.

Also the math I've done bears out that HS is at least even with GHW in the HPM dept while under Tidal Waves and is close in HPS. The big difference between them is you will have many more AA procs by using Healing Surge. It doesn't make the overall healing better than using GHW it just helps spread the healing around more.

Completely agree with the part on haste.

I think people are really under estimating the need for it. I agree with them somewhat that you do not want to stack nothing but haste like we did at wotlk. However, it seems people are avoiding it all together like it's the plague.

i'm still playing around with my stats seeing what will work out best at first, but so far maintaining 900ish haste seems to be working out best.
I've been looking for more info on crit vs mastery. Originally I was under the impression that crit > mastery just because our talents mix with crit so well.

Crit procs AA, mastery doesn't. Crits proc AH, mastery doesn't. Crit doubles as a regen stat due to IWS, mastery doesn't. Crit affect riptide hot, earthliving and earth shield, mastery doesn't.

But I see you state that at <62% health, mastery out-performs crit. I'm not familiar on mastery numbers, but approximately how much mastery are we talking about where this is the case? What is the mastery:crit ratio where mastery out-shines crit? I never considered mastery as a trash stat, but I wasn't sure if this tier of raiding was able to make it worthwhile.
12/16/2010 11:06 AMPosted by Labomba
I've been looking for more info on crit vs mastery. Originally I was under the impression that crit > mastery just because our talents mix with crit so well.

Crit procs AA, mastery doesn't. Crits proc AH, mastery doesn't. Crit doubles as a regen stat due to IWS, mastery doesn't. Crit affect riptide hot, earthliving and earth shield, mastery doesn't.

But I see you state that at <62% health, mastery out-performs crit. I'm not familiar on mastery numbers, but approximately how much mastery are we talking about where this is the case? What is the mastery:crit ratio where mastery out-shines crit? I never considered mastery as a trash stat, but I wasn't sure if this tier of raiding was able to make it worthwhile.

There's still arguments on both sides. Those who say Crit use the increased AA and WS procs as evidence while Mastery advocates point out the RNG nature of crit.
How much does the opinion change on crit vs. mastery when comparing tank healers to raid healers? Who's going to want the crit? Who's going to want the mastery?
@Random Shaman #134543 acting like HW is the top healing in raids: This is not correct. Because of the way healing rain works it has been my top healing, and our other shamans top healing in most encounters. Healing Wave comes in close though.

As for this post, I can agree with most of it. I'll give you a bit of insight into the way we've been doing things here.

I've completely dropped GHW from my bars for raiding. Healing Surge will basically come in ahead no matter what. It's a faster heal and heals for a decent amount. It's far more clutch than any other casted heal. The reasoning behind it is this (for me at least). If healing is going correct, you can spam healing wave 90% of the time and tanks will survive without a problem. However when %!#@ starts getting out of hand, a riptide + GHW runs the risk of being too slow and the tank takes a dive.

In my personal experience, HS is just better.

As for the crit v mastery argument, I'll say this. Mastery is a good stat. However it is not a stat that we should be actively going for. It was mathed out to be about 2% better than crit, however that did not include AA \ IWS \ AH.

Take items with mastery on them, but you're better off reforging that mastery to crit or haste. You need to remember that in upper gear levels, there are numbers like 200+ mastery meaning when you reforge, you retain a large amount of that mastery while gaining a large amount of another stat.

The benefits we gain from AA \ IWS are just too good to ever gem or reforge to mastery.

Again, we all understand that mastery is good in this content, however the more crit you end up with, the more you can drop say, spirit. This is due to the amount of IWS procs you will be getting that will eventually turn into a large portion of your regen.

For haste, I admit that I undervalued it at first but I brought it up via reforging a bit to get to about 1162 haste or so? A bit overkill, but I've found it to help my overall healing. I'll probably drop a bit of haste and put it back into crit just for regen purposes. Some of these fights are killer on your mana.

If you're curious as to healing breakdowns, here are a few parses from last nights raid. As a note, we stuck our other shaman on %%@!! duty for Conclave so his healing was irrelevant and druids are just %!**ing OP.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8zqzufskmjvh0kgf/sum/healingDone/?s=7387&e=7848

As a note for this conclave parse. I had a little less uptime than our druid and emptied my mana bar almost twice during this encounter and had a hard time keeping up.

When I get better trinkets I'll be able to play a bit more offensively.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8zqzufskmjvh0kgf/sum/healingDone/?s=11333&e=11675

I really like that parse in particular because both Kitkae and myself were neck in neck, however our healing breakdowns were completely different.

Both of us could've played better, but we're still gearing up \ getting used to things. These are just some numbers for you if you wan them.
Thanks Rani
Also I'm sure if you dig through the WoL from before that, you'll see that our other shaman killed me on healing a lot. >>; I was just being bad on Tuesday.

I dunno. I find it a lot easier to mess up and fall behind on the meters these days.
Of course. Thanks for catching that. There will be a point where I stop reforging crit, and that point will be likely when there is enough haste available so that I can get to the next "softcap" to get an extra tick on my HoTs.

I dunno. I'll have to see how it pans out when I have more gear.