WTB BLUE POST ***WHY THE HOLY NERF ? ***

Paladin
I run a Ilvl 340ish Hpally w/ 83k manapool-plenty of regen-haste-etc. mostly all BIS chants/gems!

Where is the reasoning behind this backdoor nerf??? healing was fine a few days ago and all hpallies were comfortably finding their own niche. Then BAM--U gimp our main filler/HP generating heal and LOD???

HL is our filler/spam heal when judgement/HS is off CD. IT IS MEANT TO BUILD HP--that is our core mechanic!!!

Now we can only build holy power with our shocks or Flashes. try spamming Flash as a filler and see how fast you OOM. Its ridiculous. With heavy spike DMG and HS off Cooldown we are FORCED to OOM via flash or DL. we get globaled waiting for HS to come off!

Yes, obviously SKILLED holy pallies can still heal heroics/early raids--But by the skin of our teeth. If any1 in here says otherwise-they are lying or work for blizz!
Reduce mana cost of flash or make HP proc when our holy light crits?

Idk they should have done something differant than just get rid of that mechanic
Posted by Nerdstomper
I run a Ilvl 340ish Hpally w/ 83k manapool-plenty of regen-haste-etc. mostly all BIS chants/gems!

Where is the reasoning behind this backdoor nerf??? healing was fine a few days ago and all hpallies were comfortably finding their own niche. Then BAM--U gimp our main filler/HP generating heal and LOD???

HL is our filler/spam heal when judgement/HS is off CD. IT IS MEANT TO BUILD HP--that is our core mechanic!!!

Now we can only build holy power with our shocks or Flashes. try spamming Flash as a filler and see how fast you OOM. Its ridiculous. With heavy spike DMG and HS off Cooldown we are FORCED to OOM via flash or DL. we get globaled waiting for HS to come off!

Yes, obviously SKILLED holy pallies can still heal heroics/early raids--But by the skin of our teeth. If any1 in here says otherwise-they are lying or work for blizz!

Yeah I totally agree.. personally NEVER used LoD in heroics b/c between Tank / ranged / melee everyone is far too spread out most of the time.. This morning heroics were incredibly hard to heal. Now they're nigh impossible without going oom after ever pull or at about 50-60% boss health. fix us plz healing has ceased being enjoyable..................
^

this nerf messed me up bad. I was only just starting to be able to run heroics comfortably, and now i get by every boss with gritted teeth, if at all. this was a huge loss in healing potential. nobody in my guild is willing to heal anymore, and I'm debating switching my main to my prot warrior if every run is going to continue to be a wipefest
*sigh*

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1532043235?page=4#77

It's right on the top of the "Lastest Blizzard Posts" on the forum's main page. You people really need to learn how to look for stuff.
what do u mean... u people?
There's a blue post, and then a blue post linking to that blue post because people don't know how to find blue posts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1532043235?page=4#77
Welcome to Cataclysm healing pallies. Get use to it like the priests/druids/shaman have.
12/14/2010 9:42 PMPosted by Paudson
what do u mean... u people?

ignorant fools
It could be because i'm avg ilvl 348 but I am just fine in heroics. Hell my group is still going on with our achievements for the new drake. I even did Barian Hold today I had about 30% mana left after the fight.
Posted by Nerdstomper

Because before nerf you were OP and could ezmode things with your Tower of Radiance talent. Why should every other class have to work to manage their mana just so you could heal while watching TV?
12/15/2010 2:08 AMPosted by Calmemunis
Because before nerf you were OP and could ezmode things with your Tower of Radiance talent. Why should every other class have to work to manage their mana just so you could heal while watching TV?

This mentality is the problem with the whole situation. Paladin healing wasn't the OP god-mode it's being made to be. It was fun, and according to the blue was "too efficient" and was too 'strategic'. For once I felt that they did us right, our talents and spells had an awesome synergy; and TBH I am ok with the LoD nerf. Other classes are coming in here whining about our 'OPness', but the issue is that we were OP relative to them, not the game itself. Many fights were still challenging and it's not like I never went OOM. Other healing classes need to be buffed instead of breaking a class that was good...
I didn't feel as though heals were super easy on my paladin in heroics. Light of Dawn isn't that easy to use as it's a cone and in most heroic pugs you aren't going to find people stacking up for the paladin to easily use it. Holy Light completely sucks now, it really isn't worth using anymore. There has to be a bit of extra mana to account for mistakes, expecting the tank and dps to always be perfect isn't very likely to happen unless you are hanging with a really high end group that has no life and doesn't work. Anyone who has played often should know that lots of people aren't perfect in this game!

Blizzard, I have to say while I appreciate your trying to balance and fix issues in game I'm not paying to be your live beta that you just keep switching stuff around on every few days. You were supposed to have this kinda stuff ironed out prior to the release of the expansion. I'm really tiring of changes that are so drastic they completely change your entire game play strategy.

I used to love this game but this recent game developement strategy has gotten me down, I'm really starting to lose faith and respect for your establishment as a reputable software/game organization. I'm not gonna keep paying to be your pink pally guinnee pig!
<blockquote data-quote="15361259074"><div>Posted by Drenex</div>Welcome to Cataclysm healing pallies. Get use to it like the priests/druids/shaman have.</blockquote>

If those priests/druids/shamans were any good they wouldnt need to complaing about how life is hard. Yes, including you.

I have no trouble doing what i normally do, and my gear is still sub par... because i was already "used to it"

Get over yourself.
21k HPS while remaining mana neutral wasn't balanced no matter how jaded you are
Lod was faceroll easy mode costing no mana, All the paladins were doing in dungeons and raids was beaconing the tank, and shock/holy lighting and lod every 3stack and staying above 95% mana the entire fight. It was a joke, east mode. and compared the the amount of mana other classes were using and button mashing they do to keep the raid up, paladins had it easy. Now all they need to do is nerf frost mage cc and fix ret mastery :P
12/15/2010 5:28 AMPosted by Qtlol
Lod was faceroll easy mode costing no mana, All the paladins were doing in dungeons and raids was beaconing the tank, and shock/holy lighting and lod every 3stack and staying above 95% mana the entire fight. It was a joke, east mode. and compared the the amount of mana other classes were using and button mashing they do to keep the raid up, paladins had it easy. Now all they need to do is nerf frost mage cc and fix ret mastery :P

Those were in pulls where there was hardly any damage going around. I've had tanks who I could jump around and only heal with instant casts in most of the pulls. Easy pulls, good party, and well used cc will do that. However, there were pulls that taxed my mana a lot. Trash that hits hard hits hard.

The issue was boss fights. We wouldn't oom unless the fight was designed to increase overall received damage party-wide like in tides. Otherwise, we could heal forever if the party was avoiding things properly.

I don't know about you, but I hardly ever had the chance to take advantage of LoD. My dps always decided to stand way far away from everyone else, ranged never seems to know what stacking is.
All they really had to do was give LoD a cd of 8-12 seconds so not to be something spammed.