Cannot find mail recipient

Customer Support
I have searched the forum cannot find an answer
I try to send in game mail too people i know exist even people that are currently on line.. or other alts of my own and all i get is a "Cannot find mail recipient" message on screen.... any ideas or fixes?
12/16/2010 1:24 AMPosted by Russkii
I have searched the forum cannot find an answer
I try to send in game mail too people i know exist even people that are currently on line.. or other alts of my own and all i get is a "Cannot find mail recipient" message on screen.... any ideas or fixes?

I know this is going to sound silly - they are on your realm and your faction - correct?

This could be a UI thing. Have you tried a full reset.

Another thing - can you add them to your friends list?

To do a full reset UI, you will want to save your addons in another spot if you wish to preserve them.

Then rename/delete or move your WTF, Cache and Interface folders while WoW is shutdown. Reboot your system.

Note, if you are running Vista make sure your permissions are set so it does not undo your changes.

More detailed instructions for different operating systems, including Macs are here.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=18761&searchQuery=reset%20UI&pageNumber=1
Yeah, same faction same server (Guildies) I am trying to send the same letter to all my guildies got about 9 sent then started the error

I will try to delete the WTF and reboot. and let you know.
You are trying to send a letter to all your guildies one by one? I'm guessing you have ran into the automated spam blocker. There is a limit on how much email you can send out.
that would make sense then... that sucks... because i have 64 guild members i need to contact... is there a way (beside MotD as that doesnt allow many characters) that I can send a mass mail to Guildies with out hitting this spam blocker?
Well off to bed now maybe some responses in the morning to help me send a guild letter out.
My only suggestion would be to put a GMotD up telling your guildies to check the "News" tab, and type out the letter in that box instead. If you were using that box for something specific, you could copy/paste it into a notepad doc until you were sure everyone got the message.

Not sure about the character limit in the news box, but I'm sure its more than the motd. :P
Same issue, I was trying to send wrapped Christmas gifts to all the guild members when I hit this stupid "cannot find mail recipient" error. Oh well, I guess most guildies will not get a present this year. haha!
Same issue here. I was trying to reach out to guildees that signed up for the BWD25 event and mid way through, recipient errors.

Specifically there were 25 people on the list, all on this server, all active.

About 17 people through it started erroring with mail recipient errors.

I logged out completed, went onto an alt (on the same account) and unable to send mail either.

The error is "cannot find mail recipient".

I cannot send to alts on this realm as well.
As per this other person issue...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1577522717#2

I just hit this same problem.

What has occured is when you send 20+ messages to people in a short period of time, you get what appears to be locked out of the mail system. I think its the automated spam blocker.

Blizzard... In all the cases I have seen in the last few days on the forums and in game, nearly every time its people in sending xmas wished and presents to people in their own guilds. Talk about a tough block and a real anguish for people trying to spread some xmas cheer ingame :( This didnt happen to me last christmas or the year before, and now boom! all of the sudden it "grinches" my gift giving. *sad panda*

Cant your spam filter lockouts determine the difference between guildie and non-guildie, or alts sending to alts on the same account ? How is this going to act when G-Mail perk kicks in ?

Anyone have an idea how long this "lock out" is ? I have Xmas Gifts to send ?

P.S. Seemed to have cleared about after 1 hour... still immensly irritating, it is after all everyone in my guild.
I have the same issue but i have never sent mail to anyone before so idk why its capping me
You need to start a new thread, don't necro old ones
05/01/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Tattgurl
I have the same issue but i have never sent mail to anyone before so idk why its capping me

this
05/01/2012 02:21 AMPosted by Bloodwülf
You need to start a new thread, don't necro old ones

and
Did you recently start your account? Sometimes it can take up to 72 hours for payments to be processed and posted. During that time some things on your account will be restricted. This is to prevent hackers from getting accounts and using them to spam mainly. If this is the case it should clear up shortly.