Perhaps this would help?

Paladin
People in Holy seem to be complaining that they aren't generating Holy Power fast enough to use WoG as much as they should, and that they need to go up and Crusader Strike the enemy for additional Holy Power.

Well, what about a unique solution? Give Holy a high end talent that makes Crusader Strike an attack that shoots out a beam of holy energy, giving it a range of about 40 yards. Additionally, with this talent, Holy Power would be generated regardless of whether or not it actually hits the enemy, so Holy Paladins don't have to stack Hit in order to gain Holy Power.

I mean, wouldn't it be cool to attack an enemy with a ranged sword-beam holy attack and generate healing abilities because of that?
Or, just add a talent that allows your judgement to generate holy power
With the holy and ret talents that increase the range of your judgement this would be highly viable.
I may just be a scrubby little 61 holy pally who hasn't played since vanilla, but what's wrong with using crusader's strike in melee? I guess there are a lot more things to stay the hell away from in higher level dungeons, but I'm pretty much swimming in holy power right now and I haven't filled Tower of Radiance yet.

However, I would agree that having a ranged crusader strike would be awesome and I wouldn't stick my nose up at it.
Because in higher level dungeons their is specific bosses you can't get in melee range. The first boss that comes to mind is Magmaw in Blackwing Descent, you're never close to the boss the entire fight. A ranged crusader strike is pretty viable, but who knows. I think Healing classes in this game we're not very thought out and seem broken.
12/14/2010 5:18 PMPosted by Anthnay
With the holy and ret talents that increase the range of your judgement this would be highly viable.

But RANGED CRUSADER STRIKE would give us an extra button to push and look cool as hell.

You could change Judgement to grant additional Mana for holy when used, so then Paladins would have to choose between generating extra mana on their rotations or generating extra Holy Power. That kind of choice keeps the game interesting and keeps the game fun.
I think paladins should be melee healers anyways. With that talent where they heal themselves when they heal other people, a little aoe shouldn't bother us, and then we can get DPS + heals.
12/14/2010 5:27 PMPosted by Raygecow
I think paladins should be melee healers anyways. With that talent where they heal themselves when they heal other people, a little aoe shouldn't bother us, and then we can get DPS + heals.

There's no reason they can't stand away from the boss and aoe attacks that might oneshot them.