Prot still viable for PvP?

Paladin
I was Prot before Cata. and loved pvp. I went Ret to level and now I get my ass kicked all day long in PvP. I use my CD's nonstop but it's so retarded waiting for procs to be able to do decent damage to anyone. I was thinking about going Prot for PvP again since Ret. is broke as hell. So basically..... is Prot still good for PvP?

well im loving being prot in tol barad, and im specced for pvp
Before I used Ret PvP gear and just went with a shield and sword. Is that still the way to go? Or go FULL prot gear?
Okay, seriously, have you even played against a prot pallie in PVP? Every time I log on I hear players from all over complaining how OP Prot is. I'm even friends with a guild that is all Pallies, lol. Seriously, every good pallie sees how awesome they are and everyone else complains about how awesome they are. If you can't see that then maybe you're playing a different game.
12/14/2010 10:17 PMPosted by Mizz
Before I used Ret PvP gear and just went with a shield and sword. Is that still the way to go? Or go FULL prot gear?

Wear resilience or casters will DESTROY YOU. If it's in a dress, it's very dangerous.

That said, you can gem for resil+stam, resil+mastery, resil+avoidance (a little bit), or resil+str. I personally would use hybrid gems.

You won't be bursting anyone down. DPS even in DPS gear is low. Outlast, survive, and disrupt the hell out of healers and casters. Defend nodes, run flags, be a giant pain in the arse. That's your job now.
It generally comes down to how often 20% happens.