What will be nerfed first BM or MM?

Hunter
I'm about to level my hunter and am currently survival but I heard it's not that good at level 100 so considering switching specs. I heard MM is currently topping DPS in terms of sim data on static fights. Leaning towards MM but I don't want to get to 100 to find out I'm going to get nerf. Are the MM numbers really that good or is that just sim data that will change when the raids hit?

Also had a guildie tell me that despite the lower DPS BM is really good in PVP again because of the self heal. I know MM has traditionally been the PVP spec, would BM outdo it now and again what is the chance that BM will be nerfed?
You heard wrong, Hunter's about 3rd of 4rth on sims :P

And you also got lied on the BM PvP side. As far as i'm aware, Spirit mend was nerfed to the ground, and exhileration.... just lol....

Ferals, in the other hand....
So I guess MM should be a good spec to level with and stick to for 100? I haven't played MM in years so I want to level with it to relearn it.
Levelling with MM is just Barrage and Chimera shot spam. You will only cast other spells when fighting a rare or elite because everything dies so quick.

Just macro misdirection to barrage and blow up the entire zone.
I leveled as MM and it was fun. Loaded up an Aimed Shot with a Chimera after it and by that time it;s either dead or you'd be hitting the target with a Kill Shot. Don't worry about nerfs, Hunters have always been up in the top end for damage/dps in PvE. As for PvP, it seems like it's a toss up of what you like. Either way, have fun with it! :)
MM is better for single target and BM is better for AoE as far as PvE is concerned. If you're looking at PvP Half of BM's damage isn't LoS-able (but it is CC-able) and I've heard a few complains from MM hunters about LoS due to their long cast times in arenas. But MM does have crazy burst. I'd advise MM for bgs and BM for arenas. But at the end of the day, play around with them ad see what you like best.
Do you have the most fun with MM?

If yes, then level with it!

Easy peasy!
12/02/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Bashushu
You heard wrong, Hunter's about 3rd of 4rth on sims :P

And you also got lied on the BM PvP side. As far as i'm aware, Spirit mend was nerfed to the ground, and exhileration.... just lol....

Ferals, in the other hand....

The spirit mend nerf is interesting to say the least because at this point it is speculation. If it does happen though then we will adapt as always. I cannot find anything except posts and data dating back to 2011-2012 of nerfs to the ability and the one recent thread made here. Correct me if I am wrong though but when I logged last night my combat log was saying it was healing for what it said it was. I will see if it will still be healing for the same when servers are live.
If you want to kill stuff really fast: MM
If you want to have fun: Surv.
My question is why does BM need to be nerfed? KC still hits like slime covered !@#$%.