Disc priests..

Arenas
Okay what is up with disc priests... their healing capability is insane and absurd. can we up the healing power of their flash so it heals more but increase the mana cost of their shields, so spamming 110k shield absorbs isnt a regular or some!@#$ idunno, yes im a dk complaining about a disc but yolo.
58k pws i think is what u mean

and as a dk u can instantly purge it which is #1 way to kill disc
12/02/2014 06:50 AMPosted by Velca
58k pws i think is what u mean

it can crit
Nah not 58k, I inspected one in my last 3s match, it was 110k, and purge? With my whole 2 ice runes, and the whole 5 purgeable things you guys have up with bubbles, prayer of mending and stuff,
I don't think you're complaining, but that depends on who you ask.

Yes their absorbs are very strong, and they have A LOT of utility in COMPARISON to the other healers. If anything, the supposed "meta" is what is really the issue.

Melee heavy teams with shields that can be hard to take off because of their buffs can be a pain. But sticking to the facts here: DKs have auto dispels, along with warriors and several other classes. Shields are not really an issue.

The issue is Disc having an instant 5 second blanket silence. No other healer has that anymore, and it really goes against Blizzard's new design philosophy.

It really shows you just how much they don't care about PvP that they leave stupid things in without taking into account their ramifications.
12/02/2014 06:52 AMPosted by Belicelli
it can crit

rly?

wow what is this world

i just never paid close enough attention i guess

12/02/2014 06:53 AMPosted by Mirrorthrone
Nah not 58k, I inspected one in my last 3s match, it was 110k, and purge? With my whole 2 ice runes, and the whole 5 purgeable things you guys have up with bubbles, prayer of mending and stuff,

prayer mending only will pop up on charge so realistically no youre not gonna see a 5 stack pom on priest and if u kept the priest clean the entire time up until then its fairly easy to purge pws, youre the first that ive seen try to imply purging is difficult
glyph of icy touch op. You even have it.
Maybe its the people I play with that dont purge, but individually all prists I play against, have 2 or 3 things that are purgeable up when they cast their pws and other stuff, which as a dk is impossible..
well ofc if youre the only one purging then it becomes an issue but realistically there will always usually be probably 1 other person on your team in a 3v3 situation that will help keep a target clean

if you dont purge shields then youre gonna have a bad time

if you do theyre fine and its just silence that makes us op
Imo, theyre the new resto of mop, and a good disc just aint gonna drop and thats the truth
I beleive thats the problem velca im the one spamming icy touch to down the priest then the other dude is like omfg bad dmge your horrible, yet im the one dispelling while your clean casting keyboard mashing
no you just need to purge idk how hard that is to fathom

just like a rdruid if you dont purge hots then theyre gonna remain topped off

its nothing new that you have to purge

like most of all classes can purge now besides rets druids monks and rogues
An instant cast similiar to a ret paladin word of glory would be effecient enough, these shields make it hard for this poor dk who spams icy touch all day :'[
Velca, do me a favour, roll a dk, get the glyph, and stay on a priest all day spamming icy touch just to cleanse your 4 dispellable objects, and tell me how your damage is looking and how much fun your having. A single dispelling melee isnt gonna cut it.
i dont need to roll a dk i play against good dks who have no problems purging me to death and almost killing me
Tbh I think its cause im end up being the only person purging in a 3s match, which as you can imagine im limited on runes before gcd locked for 8s.
12/02/2014 06:47 AMPosted by Mirrorthrone
Okay what is up with disc priests... their healing capability is insane and absurd. can we up the healing power of their flash so it heals more but increase the mana cost of their shields, so spamming 110k shield absorbs isnt a regular or some!@#$ idunno, yes im a dk complaining about a disc but yolo.

oh how great it is to be a rogue.................RMP team incoming to an arena Near you!
R1 glad inc