Soloing MOP raid

General Discussion
12/01/2014 08:00 PMPosted by Ãrianna
Panic and re-roll a blood DK.
blood dk suck
12/01/2014 08:07 PMPosted by Valiannah
I'm not exactly the best PvE'er, so I could be wrong, but I found that Cata raid were only "easy" once you got pretty good gear. I remember getting 472 iLevel gear, and in the end we had 560. Right now, we're on the "472" of WoD. Eventually, soloing them shall be easier, or possible at all.
No, they got easy because of the legacy buff in the WOD prepatch, it has nothing to do with item level.
12/01/2014 08:05 PMPosted by Ivrae
Why?! source please.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/529911377406988288
"The combat modifiers only apply pre-Mists, offsetting changes to item scaling. Mists gear and beyond still scales exponentially. (WatcherDev)"

Basically the buff is to counter the effects of the item squish for soloing old content, but since gear begins growing exponentially instead of linearly again at MoP heroic dungeon levels (463) MoP won't get the buff.
12/01/2014 08:23 PMPosted by Meldetia
Basically the buff is to counter the effects of the item squish for soloing old content, but since gear begins growing exponentially instead of linearly again at MoP heroic dungeon levels (463) MoP won't get the buff.
Thanks for the link. I think it's a bad decision, I was looking foward to soloing MOP stuff to finish some transmogs I've put together. Why would MOP raid get a special treatment.
12/01/2014 08:05 PMPosted by Ivrae
Why?! source please.

"The combat modifiers only apply pre-Mists, offsetting changes to item scaling. Mists gear and beyond still scales exponentially. (WatcherDev)"

Speaking of heroic MoP dungeons, has anyone tried those? I'd imagine they're easy to solo now but just wanted to ask. There's one I never did and I'd like to finish it just to get the achievement.
I know this might seem strange to you, but many of us were soloing old content long before they gave us a buff for it. We need better gear before we can take on MoP content, that's all. It happens every expansion.
12/01/2014 08:02 PMPosted by Seon
12/01/2014 07:58 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
Most likely, the MoP raids only ended a few weeks ago. They probably haven't applied the 'Legacy Buff" to those raids and most likely won't until the next expansion gets ready to launch.

I don't have the quote on hand, but I remember a blue commenting that they only applied the legacy buff to pre-90 content to make sure people could solo things post-squish that they could pre-squish. They said they wouldn't be applying the same buff to MoP+ content, which means we shouldn't expect to be able to tear through MoP raids as easily as Cata raids.

This is correct. The "legacy buff" was a stop-gap to make sure that things that were soloable pre-6.0 would still be soloable post-6.0. The item squish meant that almost all of the ilvl inflation between level 60 and 90 got brought down to nearly nothing, so the legacy buff was required to keep things more or less where they were, effectively giving back your old massively inflated ilvl against those low level mobs.

This is also why when the legacy buff was massively overtuned in that first week, it got nerfed to bring it closer to pre-6.0 levels, rather than leaving it easy enough that everyone could go 1-shot 25 heroic cata bosses.

Now remember, once you hit 90, exponential gear is back in effect. While gear is squished, post-90 it scales upwards at the same rate as before. So while an ilvl 100 and 120 piece may be nearly identical due to the squish, an ilvl 500 and 520 piece are going to have very different levels of power. This is why we are able to notice upgrades currently going from ilvl 590-600 as a fresh 100 up to 630-640 with heroic gear. We are growing in power exponentially again.

Because we have that exponential power curve, the legacy buff would be redundant. It would be providing a buff we are already obtaining naturally via gear. Another expansion or two down the road when they squish us again, we may see the legacy buff applied to MoP content. But for right now? It is unnecessary. We will organically become more powerful and more capable of defeating the past expansion's challenges without any need for Blizzard to interfere.
12/01/2014 08:43 PMPosted by Secondwind
The "legacy buff" was a stop-gap to make sure that things that were soloable pre-6.0 would still be soloable post-6.0.
I was definitely not able to solo any cataclysm raid on this paladin before the 6.0 patch. They we pretty much impossible to solo for most people. My gear was Raid Finder, nothing fancy.
I think all you complaining just suck and want to have high power with horrible ilvls. A dk solo'd norm Garrosh when it was relevant content, and heroic protectors, I believe. L2play
12/01/2014 09:59 PMPosted by Thaddieus
I think all you complaining just suck and want to have high power with horrible ilvls. A dk solo'd norm Garrosh when it was relevant content, and heroic protectors, I believe. L2play
I hope you're trying to make some kind of bad joke.
Personally I am only interested in the MoP raid gear transmog sets. Completing some I started and didnt finish and putting together new ones.

In lieu of buffing us to solo MoP raid content (since that is apparently not something that will happen) and for those o fus who may not see WoD raid gear for a long time, perhaps there is a way they could make the MoP raid gear accessible for transmog that doesnt involve adjusting raid difficulies in MoP.

I would love to see more "appearance only" type sets where you can purchase an item that has zero armor value, just cosmetic value. I understand there are those who would dislike this because you didnt "earn" that item, but honestly I am only interested in making as much available to players as possible.

MoP, I think, was the first expac to use decent textures for armor/weapons and keeping them locked behind a useless glass wall stops old and new players alike from getting to experience far superior quality artwork, s detail brought into even starker relief when you put old armors/clothing on the new, WoD character models.

anyway, just some thoughts. I doubt anything will come of it but c'est la vie.
12/01/2014 08:32 PMPosted by Nopainnogain

Speaking of heroic MoP dungeons, has anyone tried those? I'd imagine they're easy to solo now but just wanted to ask. There's one I never did and I'd like to finish it just to get the achievement.

Heroic 5 man MOP dungeons are soloable, fine and dandy. Not sure about all the achivements, haven't gotten to them all.
Pancakes for everyone!
You can five man them, done it.
Please, no. They're very soloable by many specializations already.
12/01/2014 08:48 PMPosted by Ivrae
12/01/2014 08:43 PMPosted by Secondwind
The "legacy buff" was a stop-gap to make sure that things that were soloable pre-6.0 would still be soloable post-6.0.
I was definitely not able to solo any cataclysm raid on this paladin before the 6.0 patch. They we pretty much impossible to solo for most people. My gear was Raid Finder, nothing fancy.

I was soloing normal Ultraxion and Deathwing for many months before the 6.0 patch on my Paladin (You had to use Protection on Ultraxion for the reduced defensive cooldown buff, but pretty much any non-healer could solo Deathwing). I did the same on my Enhance Shaman with major burst and Guardian Druid. I was also only wearing LFR armor with the exception of the Celestials gloves and legs, and I never got the legendary cloak on any character.

After 6.0 patch I walked into Heroic and sneezed and everything died.
There's a video on youtube of an overgeared DK in SOO gear that solo-Ed Will of the Emperor during MoP
You couldn't solo original at 70, you couldn't solo BC at 80, you couldn't solo WOLTK at 85, you couldn't solo CATA at 90... SO WHY WOULD IT MAKES ANY SENSE TO ALLOW 100's to solo MoP..

Wait 1 more expansion.
if they do apply a legacy buff to mop raids. at least the world bosses wont feel so lonely then