Calm down, everyone...

General Discussion
I find it funny the people that say, "Calm down there are lots of other things you can be doing...", while they are posting on a forum about extended maintenance. Hello pot the kettle is calling. Any business conducting themselves in a half !@# fashion is going to get grief as they well should. I cannot say as a restaurant owner I will be open at 11am, then post a sign saying come back at 1pm and expect customers to be happy.
Like many have posted before and this is how I feel, it wouldn't be such an issue if they just put 12 hours on the launcher like they KNEW was going to happen it would limit the amount of forum ragers and make it so people wouldn't be constantly returning to their computers every 2 hours.
i enjoy reading the forums on maintenance Tuesday. I find it very funny and entertaining at the same time.
Dear Blizz,

I just can't thank you enough for the new x pac, one of my favorites so far, that being said I think you may be going the route of many other large businesses. That is to say that you concentrate too much on flashy stuff and not enough on infrastructure. I noticed you were taking pre-orders 6 months out before you even released this expansion. I also could not help but notice that the new Horde mount seems to work flawlessly. I'm wondering how much that little round of stupidity with Orange County Choppers has set you back, care to give us a price tag on that? I'm guessing that could have financed more space, servers, techs, etc.
In short I would just like to say that if I have to pay 6 months out for a video game the #$%%# thing should be stable at release. I have buddies who crowd source new tech and spend sleepless weeks ensuring it is stable. It is only big name Corporations like you that continually punish your customers and wonder why they leave. Then instead of fixing what is wrong you buy enormous promos like the chopper idiocy hoping that will drum up business. I'd much rather be running my toons right now on a lvl 20 ground mount then waiting for you to finally allow me to enjoy what I have already paid for because you cut corners on the most important aspect of your product.
With a company this old you would think they would have their !@#$ together. Honestly. Last time I looked this is called Activision Blizzard now. A company that makes billions of dollars a year. Wouldn't you think they would spend that money to hire on more personal so we don't have days like today?
You're right, because a multi-million dollar company cannot stabilize it's servers after 10 years. Amazon, Google, Yahoo, etc.. all stabilize their servers, which have hundreds of millions of traffic compared to Blizzard's measly ~10 million, which aren't all online at the same time either. They get away with this because people like you let them.
Lol you were down voted for telling people to calm down. WoW community in a nutshell
12/02/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Kwah
You're right, because a multi-million dollar company cannot stabilize it's servers after 10 years. Amazon, Google, Yahoo, etc.. all stabilize their servers, which have hundreds of millions of traffic compared to Blizzard's measly ~10 million, which aren't all online at the same time either. They get away with this because people like you let them.

Because the code processing for google, amazon, and yahoo is much more complicated then wow, a 23gb game. Ok then.
Blizzard needing a lot of time to do a big maintenance and patch is understandable and perfectly fine. Blizzard being WAY off with their initial deadline and then not updating it until a minute before the deadline and then 4 minutes until the extended deadline is not fine in any way, shape, or form.

I don't begrudge Blizz the right to take their time to get these maintenances right, I just ask that they do a halfway decent job with setting their own deadlines to do so. Customers have the right to have a realistic idea of how long a maintenance will take so they can plan around it.

Shoot, be conservative with the estimate so that, if anything, the servers will be back up before the deadline. Don't give an unrealistic time and then bump it up a matter of seconds before reaching it.