Rewarding bad behavior? "The bone collector"

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 17 Next
You can just afk in ashran for that achieve. Players are just camping you for !@#$s n gigs. Who would be stupid enough to camp someone for like 5 days straight to get 1k bones. OP you are a fool.
Definition of PvP:

Player(s) versus player(s), or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants.

So yeah, PvP happened on a PvP server, nothing to see here guys.
Level 90s give 1-2 bones. Level 100s give 3-6.

PvP happened, etc
I remember when the popular opinion was pvp on a pvp server, not the other way around.

On Arthas, getting ganked and perhaps camped by Moddex is like a right of passage. At the very least, it provides a nostalgic enjoyment seeing "wow this rogue is camping at bladespire wtf help"

It's part of leveling, really. Makes getting to 100 and never having to deal with it satisfying.
While I gank and have been gank I am fine with that.

However I agree with the OP - an achievement for kill amount should be granted via actual challenge. There fore only gain towards that achievement if you kill a target that is with in several levels of yourself.

Also I am laughing my butt off with how many people go to the "PvP happens" argument. Way to be sheep.
It's not that Blizzard rewards bad behavior, it's people acting like jerks and camping/ganking people.

You get a lot more Broken Bones in Ashran.

I wouldn't go to such length for Broken Bones, even if I were on a PvP realm.
12/05/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Mescyn
World pvp is not now, nor has it ever been, fair pvp. Sometimes you get killed by high level chars, sometimes you're out numbered. That's the risk of playing on a pvp realm.

I agree with this actually; In fact, the *risk* was the sole reason I chose a pvp server in the first place. But let's not forget the game was vastly different back in 2005. I fondly remember questing through Stonetalon mountains, being level 25-30ish, with the thrill of both enemies and similar level players at every turn. Lots of fun was had when random pvp broke out. The level gap was not so exponentially gaping then either. There was also no diminishing returns, and you would get a dishonorable kill if you ganked too far below your level.

So in summary; there *WERE* discouragements for ganking then. There are *INCENTIVES* for it now.

This is a problem...
12/04/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Sylvanelf
Then I discovered that there is both an achievement and *requirement* for a level 3 building to kill players.

Hmm, just like it was on Timeless Isle, where Blizzard forced players into more PVP for the bloody coins.

These bones need to be awarded only in arenas and battlegrounds, where everyone present has agreed to indulge in PVP, and has a reasonable chance to defeat the other. Player VS Player means two equally matched players fighting one another with a equal chance of killing the other, not a 100 one-shotting 10's

A level 100 killing and collecting items from a 10, or an arena-geared PVP expert doing the same to others in normal/heroic PVE gear is just exploiting the players who are unable to put up a reasonable fight.

And...
Lowbie camping fix: Take difference between player levels, and make lower level player unflagged for that number of minutes. (100 kills 10, difference is 90, the 10 becomes unflagged for 90 minutes.
For players of same level, use the same rule with item levels instead.
This way, you still have that danger factor a PVP server offers, but without being forced to log off because you can't play the game for hours at a time.
Call out in the zone you're in that somebody's ganking folks leveling;
Or your guild. Or your battle tag.

Even on this dead realm any time I went to go kill a lowbie to start a Nemesis quest I'd start seeing a couple 100's trying to catch up to me soon after.

This is such an easily fixed problem if it's only one or two people going around "ganking".
12/04/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Sylvanelf
Hi there,

I just discovered something, and I really think it becomes exploitive behavior that needs to be fixed. Soon.

While questing, there were several Horde that found it fun to repeatedly gank and camp me. even on a pvp server, that doesn't really happen too often. Then I discovered that there is both an achievement and *requirement* for a level 3 building to kill players. OK, this is a pvp server you say? Players are going into stater zones for "free" kills. This is at best, terrible sportsmanship; at worst an exploit of the spirit of the achievement.

Can we hotfix this to only apply on players +/- 1 level of you? I really don't want my questing experience to be ruined by someone looking for an easy way out! Doesn't Ashran reward these too? Could it even be confined to only dropping in BGs?

Also, before anyone invokes the "well you play on a pvp server" redirect, being one-shot by a player 10 levels above you is NOT pvp in any way. It is being ganked.

Uhh..... really?

I don't know what's surprising me more....

A thread pleading for less PvP on a PvP server or the fact that the thread is highly rated! Let's go with the highly rated part!

Seriously! this happens all the time on PvP servers. It's why I don't play on them. World PvP is all about ganking and congradualtions everyone! You got what you wanted- no flying in Draenor so you can all look forward to more and more and more ganking of lobies!!!!!

People now have nothing better to do than to receive rewards for killing everyone they find weaker than themselves :)
12/05/2014 08:26 AMPosted by Shirt
Call out in the zone you're in that somebody's ganking folks leveling;
Or your guild. Or your battle tag.

Yea, right. I've gone to help people calling for assistance, finding the attacker was a fully geared PVP player, easily taking out 3-4 of us who came to help.
After that, If I heard someone calling for ganking relief, I'd ask what the attacking player's level was. If it was the same as mine, I'd just suggest they just log off for a while and do something else until the ganker gets bored and leaves. I wasn't about to dive in and get myself camped too.
12/05/2014 08:31 AMPosted by Deydrania
Uhh..... really?

I don't know what's surprising me more....

A thread pleading for less PvP on a PvP server or the fact that the thread is highly rated! Let's go with the highly rated part!

Shouldn't the fact that it's highly rated make you wonder if it should surprise you?
Serious people.

The OP was asking that the achievement only be obtainable by killing people that are challenging.

No one ever said take away pvp.

Because you know what?

Gankers gonna gank gank gank and players gonna play play play and we are all gonna shake it of SHAKE IT OFF!

Plus true pvpers don't need to gank to get their rewards.
12/05/2014 08:45 AMPosted by Zixie
Serious people.

The OP was asking that the achievement only be obtainable by killing people that are challenging.

No one ever said take away pvp.

Because you know what?

Gankers gonna gank gank gank and players gonna play play play and we are all gonna shake it of SHAKE IT OFF!

Plus true pvpers don't need to gank to get their rewards.

Zixie, you RULE! :D
Blizzard killed any sort of honorable combat with the removal of Dishonorable kills, which would/could get you literally blacklisted and to become hostile with your own, previously allied, factions.
what? bone achievement promoting degenerate behavior?
i find this foot stomping, gas expelling, belly rolling funny.

*i have dangerous bones in my body. "Vin Diesel"

Cheers.
Pleb.
*sighs* Seriously didn't think this thread would be still going.

Sylvan, it sucks, but it's going to stay. They reward anything that's within your level range, which unfortunately includes pretty much everyone on Draenor. They get significantly less rewards for killing a lowbie than they do for killing someone their level. They aren't camping you for the bones you provide. They're camping you because they want to camp you. It sucks, but pvp on a pvp server, et al.

If you have a problem with it, and no one can help you when you ask for help, then just log off and switch chars, or spirit rez and watch 10 or 20 minutes of tv. There's LOTS of options other than coming on the forums and complaining because someone camped you. Especially complaining about something that you see as an issue (rewards) when it really isn't an issue (because the "rewards" are crap and incidental to the issue).
Last weekend, my level 98 friend was getting camped by 3 level 100s. He asked me for help, so I did, and I brought two friends with me. We wiped them repeatedly. Then they brought more and killed us. Then we invited more and killed them. This eventually escalated into a 15 vs.15 battle for the better part of an hour. We had fun. They had fun. My level 98 friend had fun.

Quit being so selfish. If the description of a PvP server doesn't suit you, play on a PvE server instead of trying to ruin PvP servers for everyone that enjoys what they're about. By the way, most PvPers have tens of thousands of bones. That's not why they're killing you.
12/05/2014 08:01 AMPosted by Mescyn
12/05/2014 07:55 AMPosted by Shioda

Maybe, but throwing someone's opinion in the dirt and stomping on it for everyone to see doesn't really help anyone. In fact, it probably makes one side of the fence look really close-minded.

Which it does.

What do you think pvp servers should be? World pvp balance is not something that can really happen, killing a lowbie is no different than 5v1 combat, and part of the excitement of leveling on pvp servers is that risk. Without this risk, there's literally no reason for pvp servers to exist, because world pvp is the only form of pvp that doesn't exist on all server types.

To many, these complaints just scream that you're not well suited for a pvp server, which is fine, However, it's not a problem that needs to be fixed, it's a playstyle choice.

I'm not trying to argue what PvP servers should be, I'm simply pointing out the hostility in some of the replies here.
12/05/2014 09:46 AMPosted by Narrp
*sighs* Seriously didn't think this thread would be still going.

Sylvan, it sucks, but it's going to stay. They reward anything that's within your level range, which unfortunately includes pretty much everyone on Draenor. They get significantly less rewards for killing a lowbie than they do for killing someone their level. They aren't camping you for the bones you provide. They're camping you because they want to camp you. It sucks, but pvp on a pvp server, et al.

If you have a problem with it, and no one can help you when you ask for help, then just log off and switch chars, or spirit rez and watch 10 or 20 minutes of tv. There's LOTS of options other than coming on the forums and complaining because someone camped you. Especially complaining about something that you see as an issue (rewards) when it really isn't an issue (because the "rewards" are crap and incidental to the issue).

That's condescending to write it off as a non-issue. It is clearly an issue to me. Ganking will never go away, and I'm actually ok with that. I'm just asking to take away a reward, ANY reward for it. Ganking will continue I'm sure, but no one will be worse off for having no tangible reward for it.