Why in god's name were animations changed?

General Discussion
So I'm sitting here on my night elf that I haven't logged onto since launch (he's an alt). And I'm running around thinking to myself...my character looks so goofy.... Why in the world did you think that it was ok to change the animations? THE ANIMATIONS WERE FINE. In fact they are what made this game so great. Go play any other MMO. The animations are what makes the game feel so smooth. Now night elfs just feel retarded. I could never play one and I'm glad this isn't a serious character or I'd be pissed.

And my god...you CHANGED CASTING ANIMATIONS WTH?!? You know some people chose their character solely based on how cool the casting animations were.
12/04/2014 08:23 AMPosted by Zordiak
Now night elfs just feel retarded. I could never play one and I'm glad this isn't a serious character or I'd be pissed.

What else do you call mutated trolls who have become vegetarian (for the most part) tree huggers?
In fact they are what made this game so great

really?
So did you happen to miss all the other threads about people talking about this? Both the NE males and Troll males have been given goofy run animations according to players.
I didn't notice any difference to casting animations... But running..My god...
12/04/2014 08:25 AMPosted by Grawg
In fact they are what made this game so great

really?

You've obviously never played any other mmo before. It has a much bigger impact than what you would think.
12/04/2014 08:27 AMPosted by Oakland
I didn't notice any difference to casting animations... But running..My god...

I had to turn it off. It's god awful.
Why in the world did you think that it was ok to change the animations?

Ooh.. crap. Blizzard forgot they needed your approval to update the graphics of their game. Roll it back, guys.
Some of the new stuff is rather good.. Human mainly.. but as you've said the male night elf is goofy.. and when it was posited that the Draenei male warrior was top heavy.. I noticed a change over night.. He looks like he use to.. before the patch.. So I agree.. some changes are good while others.. well.. I don't see the point.. Thou I do recall a long time ago.. we were nothing more than x's and o's.. walking through semantical dotted line hallways in a one dimensional format.
In fact they are what made this game so great.

I remember during launch week, the biggest complaint was, "These ques are too long! I want to experience those sweet sweet animations!!!!"
So I'm sitting here on my night elf that I haven't logged onto since launch (he's an alt). And I'm running around thinking to myself...my character looks so goofy.... Why in the world did you think that it was ok to change the animations? THE ANIMATIONS WERE FINE. In fact they are what made this game so great. Go play any other MMO. The animations are what makes the game feel so smooth. Now night elfs just feel retarded. I could never play one and I'm glad this isn't a serious character or I'd be pissed.

And my god...you CHANGED CASTING ANIMATIONS WTH?!? You know some people chose their character solely based on how cool the casting animations were.

I had a hard time playing N.Elfs cause of their poor casting animations, same as Female Dwarf run animation with their breast bouncing from chest to floor.
12/04/2014 08:25 AMPosted by Shizuku
So did you happen to miss all the other threads about people talking about this? Both the NE males and Troll males have been given goofy run animations according to players.

Check out the dwarf run animation, it's stunningly bad. Why they thought so many races have to run like the world is a trampoline is a mystery only they know the answer to.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

really?

You've obviously never played any other mmo before. It has a much bigger impact than what you would think.

I've probably played MMO's way before your time lol.

You're probably one of those guy's who thinks WoW was the first MMO.

Its an animation it's not that big of a deal, turn it off and stop crying.
12/04/2014 08:31 AMPosted by Hiestess
I remember during launch week, the biggest complaint was, "These ques are too long! I want to experience those sweet sweet animations!!!!"

I was never excited about new character models. And for this exact reason. I knew they would screw everything up and tbh they could have spent their time doing something more productive. They marketed these models like they were the best thing since canned ham and that we should be super excited about wod because "new models". Ehh I just do not see the point. Sure some races look good (orcs are the only ones really and the blood elves are looking good) but other than that I just don't care for most.

I just don't see why any of the animations were changed. I mean if you want to change the model and keep the feel of the old characters you would think that the one thing that you don't do is change the animation because that is the foundation of what your character "feels" like.

I've probably played MMO's way before your time lol.

I didn't say "MMOs" I said any other MMO. You know like Rift? Have you played Rift? Or aion? You know...the "current" ones. Ones that are up to date? If you haven't then go play them and you'll see what I mean.
Guildwars, StarWars, Rift, ArcheAge, Tera, WoW, hell I even sometimes hop on EQ from time to time.

I could keep going.
I love X thing in my character
I hate X thing in my character
X=Any possible thing.Eye.Hair.BodyHair,Beard,shoulder,fingers.Lots of thread whit people complaining about soo many different things that no sane creature would work based on it.
That's why the art department probably don't give a f* about people opinions lol.I liked all the new models, the squared faces were bugging me already,But then again it is what it is, an opinion based in taste, and therefore, irrelevant.
I like some/most of the animation updates (ie casting and attacks). The bouncy runs though, ugh. I'd feel bad for you Nelfs but you keep sticking daggers in my backside so... yea I think my empathy leaked out. :/
So if I turn off the models so my running night elf doesnt make me physically ill and dizzy anymore , does that mean all the other models disappear also ?

Can I turn it off playing the hunter and turn them back on when I switch characters , or does that take a game restart to take effect and vice versa?
I think they should let us pick and choose with new and old models we want to use by race not just in general.

Maybe that would help some people.