So, after the most recent hotfixes...

Mage
I tried fire.

And boy, what the !@#$ happened to the spec?
I mean, just take a look at out lvl 90 talent "choices"

• Mirror Image: The spell that doesn't benefit from fire at all.
  • Rune of Power: The most unfun, underpower spell from the game since most all the bosses require movement.
  • Icanter's Flow: A DPS loss talent that requires you to hold on procs to get the maximum damage out of it.
  • Rune of Power feels totally wrong, casting Fireball is unrewarding and scorch is not worth the GCD.

What happened? I even did a race change from Undead to Belf for the crit, but at what cost? When does the crit starts to work better?

I got to 30% with my frost gear but I still don't know if it's worth the effort to change all the multstrike, since this temporary change will not scale well with gear, I believe that Frost will still be ahead later on. I know that fire is very crit dependent but man, why my Frost bolt is hitting harder than my %^-*ing FIREBALL?

Frost got their new Water Jet CD, that helps procs. Where is the fire one?

Something needs to be done ASAP. Frost is better for Leveling, PvP and PvE. What? How is this even balanced?

Also, Arcane is so boring that I don't even want to get on that, and for the looks of it, fire is heading to the same direction.

But the question is;
    WHEN will Blizzard realize that this stupid proc based DPS isn't working?
    It really is sad. I've always mained Fire whenever it isn't ridiculously underpowered, but even playing it right, I can't really bring myself to play fire through Heroic progression right now because it's still pretty low compared to Frost.

Even gearing the fire mage is a bit tougher than gearing frost in Hmaul, most gear contains Multistrike and the best wep for Fire mages is in the last boss of the raid, so good luck with that one.

I did my best to build a Fire set, getting all the crit pieces I could (can't get every 665 BOE as I'm not rich so no Copeland for me) and then when I switched to frost for Butcher HC, I realised even my "fire" set was better for frost than it was for fire due to how the stats work.

A single burst from Frost feels like you're chaining 20 crit pyroblasts in a row with just a GCD apart from each other, if you compare it to Fire.

As it is now, I'm playing Fire on normal when running with guild, but after a couple of tries with it at Butcher heroic and not being able to get past 19k at him, I'm switching to frost and now doing an easy 24k without having to push myself much.
    I just wish that for pure DPS classes the DPS that each spec would do would be within reason comparable so that you could choose what you enjoyed more. I thoroughly dislike Frost for example, it's way too awkward for me to manage personally, but I enjoy playing Fire.
    12/12/2014 01:16 PMPosted by Keds

But the question is;

Fire isnt proc based and or strictly direct damage based. Your DoTs and direct damage will be the majority of your damage with the level 75 talents and combustion splitting the remaining damage.
    12/12/2014 02:02 PMPosted by Mahdii
    12/12/2014 01:16 PMPosted by Keds

But the question is;

Fire isnt proc based and or strictly direct damage based. Your DoTs and direct damage will be the majority of your damage with the level 75 talents and combustion splitting the remaining damage.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gaxqcqph5iucywjt/details/19/?s=264&e=511

I mean, you main DPS should be Pyroblast, to which requires proc, so you can do a big combustion...

When did my math went wrong?

If you need Ilvl to get your rotation working, there must be something wrong.