What the Meta Feels Like

Arenas
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
12/15/2014 03:41 PMPosted by Jao
12/15/2014 03:35 PMPosted by Ezyo
Warriors are mid pack, but we need some slight buffs to utility and survival and we will be a good spot.

...you're doing fine as a spec. There are just better melee specs that need to be brought back down to earth.

Fury is.

Arms biggest issue is that it isn't fun...at all.

As a class, I would say intercept breaking roots would really be pretty good.
As much as healer dependence is good, it also sucks when your healer is OOC for 10+ seconds and you cannot do anything.
12/15/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Canididate

Intercept doesn't even exist anymore. I'm glad intercepts spirit lives on through your post though.
12/15/2014 03:57 PMPosted by Hershka

Intercept doesn't even exist anymore. I'm glad intercepts spirit lives on through your post though.

Maybe he means intervene? Oh that's right--intervene breaking roots isn't a thing anymore either.
good post
12/15/2014 03:49 PMPosted by Canididate
12/15/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Bigwoof
I don't think having kicks be on the GCD is a good idea for a couple reasons.
1st - GCD length for some classes is quite long, especially at the start of an xpac.
2nd - it would make juking interrupts harder. Currently you can gauge how fast a player likes to kick during an arena, adding the GCD would add a sense of RNG to this mind game that works against the caster.
3rd - missing a grounding or termoring late because of GCD isn't fun and I don't imagine that it would be with our kicks either.

So, using a GCD isn't worth the 4+ seconds lockout?

How did you get that from what I wrote?
Arms biggest issue is that it isn't fun...at all.

Yeah :(

You also have to bear in mind that PvP isn't the only place interrupts are used. If they change interrupts to be on the global, you screw over every single raid in the game as many interrupts are needed. Having interrupts on the global disrupts the flow of dps when you are required to interrupt, and if it's a very short cast then you can inadvertently wipe your raid if you are on global.

I know you're more concerned about the PvP aspect of the game, but the devs look at both aspects.
12/15/2014 04:18 PMPosted by Waraila

You also have to bear in mind that PvP isn't the only place interrupts are used. If they change interrupts to be on the global, you screw over every single raid in the game as many interrupts are needed. Having interrupts on the global disrupts the flow of dps when you are required to interrupt, and if it's a very short cast then you can inadvertently wipe your raid if you are on global.

I know you're more concerned about the PvP aspect of the game, but the devs look at both aspects.

I don't see that as a bad thing. You interupt an ability and you prevent damage.
Making it so its not all pew pew wouldn't be terrible. PvE in this game used to require people spending time on CC and not damage.
If raid-bosses can juke, then yes, it will be a problem.
Would it be a big deal if ret/feral lost their interrupts and supported teams in other ways? I remember playing with cleanse magic and without rebuke and I kind of miss the old playstyle where the melee specs were more different. Clemency/uptime wouldn't need to be touched if ret/feral aren't interrupting casts with rebuke and skull bash.
Is there a raid boss that jukes? Wouldn't one of the other people be able to interupt?

Seems like it would bring a little difficulty
12/15/2014 04:27 PMPosted by Cinnamon
Would it be a big deal if ret/feral lost their interrupts and supported teams in other ways? I remember playing with cleanse magic and without rebuke and I kind of miss the old playstyle where the melee specs were more different. Clemency/uptime wouldn't need to be touched if ret/feral aren't interrupting casts with rebuke and skull bash.

That's an interesting idea. Too bad I'm sure not a single feral/ret will even consider it.
Give prot MS por favor so we can play it again!
12/15/2014 04:35 PMPosted by Jao
That's an interesting idea. Too bad I'm sure not a single feral/ret will even consider it.

It's not even that, it's that Blizzard would never consider it again.

That goes directly against their "bring the player, not the class" mantra.
12/15/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Jao
Within certain parameters, the game is currently balanced.

The game is balanced at 2200 not r1/glad level. The changes you suggest would make arena unplayable because ever game would go max time.

caster just have a skill cap now, that is the only difference from MoP.

Skill cap means a bad caster is going to be really bad but a good caster is going to be really good. Unlike melee who have a low skill cap, a bad melee is still going to be good and a good melee is going to be good but not as good as a good caster.
12/15/2014 04:35 PMPosted by Jao
12/15/2014 04:27 PMPosted by Cinnamon

I'm just seeing all these nerf ret threads suggesting removing abilities we've always had. I rather not be turned into warrior clone. I don't think there is anything wrong with our defensive utility and I like the defensive hybrid style. Healing, defensive support, and removing magic seems fine to me in this meta if it came at an expensive of no distance closer or interrupt.

I think adjusting the classes for 10 man raiding in cataclysm which were on the same lockout as 25 man raids (every melee gets an interrupt, only healers dispel magic, buffs became combined, etc) was a big mistake but that's a topic for another day.
12/15/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Cinnamon
I'm just seeing all these nerf ret threads suggesting removing abilities we've always had.

If you notice, I never call for the removal of abilities. I hate ability pruning, I love keybinding a ton of things and complex rotations.

12/15/2014 05:02 PMPosted by Morbus
The game is balanced at 2200 not r1/glad level. The changes you suggest would make arena unplayable because ever game would go max time.

caster just have a skill cap now, that is the only difference from MoP.

No, the game is certainly not balanced around 2.2k. Come on man, honestly. Ask some of your 2.2k mage friends what they think of 3s at the moment. Or a spriest.

None of your friends are probably that high, unless you know a bunch of R1 and Glad mages, because that's the MMR they're all stuck at.
Holinka does not play this game. He plays CS:GO exclusively.
This is a GREAT thread and I hope Holinka takes time to review it.