STOP NERFING FIRE MAGES

Mage
Dear blizzard Devs, I have to confess I'm pretty upset by the moment, I'll explain you why.

My Mage is the only char that I actually play and enjoy, and FIre is the only spec that I love to play. But, when are you going to stop killing our spec? I mean do you REALLY thought that we needed a nerf to our 2-set PvP bonus in our current state? When our scorch (casted, interruptible, vulnerable to school lockouts) hits for about 1.2k, 1/4 dmg of a Hunter's Autoshot? When our Fireball/Frostfire Bolt (2.5 second hard cast, interruptible, vulnerable to school lockouts) hits for about 6k?

Is this a joke? How are we supposed to kill a 300k HP player who also can heal himself? (like almost all clases, EXCEPT US do).

You killed the class dear blizz devs, please do something about that.

pd: sorry about gramar, not a native speaker
Sorry, the devs do not come to the cs forums for player input, feedback or suggestions, best make a post in the Mage forums.
12/12/2014 04:11 PMPosted by Ravenhawke
Sorry, the devs do not come to the cs forums for player input, feedback or suggestions, best make a post in the Mage forums.

Oh sorry the mage forum was full of posts saying the same....making threads since the expansion began and never got a single answer from a blizz employee. And if you don't care about this, just go to another thread (?)
12/12/2014 04:08 PMPosted by Kopeteseeker
How are we supposed to kill a 300k HP player who also can heal himself?

Start using interupts when healing spells are cast - counterspell, polymorph etc.

Raven is 100% correct though - there are NO developers here, and there are NO community managers here either. This is a player assist player forum.
12/12/2014 04:16 PMPosted by Nephe
12/12/2014 04:08 PMPosted by Kopeteseeker
How are we supposed to kill a 300k HP player who also can heal himself?

Start using interupts when healing spells are cast - counterspell, polymorph etc.

Raven is 100% correct though - there are NO developers here, and there are NO community managers here either. This is a player assist player forum.

You have no idea what are you talking about.
About mages? Yeah.

About this forum? Yeah.

About the recent tweak mages also received earlier in the week - yeah too.

Drop the attitude champ.
The SFAs here are not the Developers nor are the liaison to them.
No, I'm merely suggesting it as an idea to try. Yes I'm also very aware of cool downs.

Oh I played fire mage for years - level to 90 as one before switching to frost and more recently arcane.

*shrugs*
12/12/2014 04:23 PMPosted by Nephe
About mages? Yeah.

About this forum? Yeah.

About the recent tweak mages also received earlier in the week - yeah too.

Drop the attitude champ.

Well man, I'm not trying to have an argue with anyone. It doesn't matter if I think you are wrong or not, I just made this post with the hope that any dev would see it because CLEARLY they never read the mage forum.

If you think I'm wrong or whatever I don't care, and I'm not going to argue anyways. I just want our spec to be fixed and that's all.

See ya.
I expect its the same with any class now, but from my own experience I know I need to use all the abilities available to successfully play my classes - not just focusing on dps alone.
12/12/2014 04:35 PMPosted by Nephe
I expect its the same with any class now, but from my own experience I know I need to use all the abilities available to successfully play my classes - not just focusing on dps alone.

No, isn't the same. I repeat, if you want to critize me, at least you should try the spec and see what I am talking about.
It's a suggestion, nothing more..

As for the mage forum - yeah of course there are no Blizzard responses so that must mean they're not read right? (yeah that's sarcasm, and a lot of it).

Did you read the part about us mages getting tweaked earlier in the week? You know what that's about? It's about developers reading player feedback and starting to do something about it.
12/12/2014 04:46 PMPosted by Nephe
It's a suggestion, nothing more..

As for the mage forum - yeah of course there are no Blizzard responses so that must mean they're not read right? (yeah that's sarcasm, and a lot of it).

Did you read the part about us mages getting tweaked earlier in the week? You know what that's about? It's about developers reading player feedback and starting to do something about it.

No I had no idea about what tweaked means, but It sounds awesome. I guess I appear rude to some people when saying this, but It's just that I am a huge fire mage fan and I've tried a lot of things to make it viable (even profession re-specs from 1-600) and getting this nerf really got me upset, I hope you understand.

Anyways, thank you for the information buddy, I hope that "tweaking" thing go really good for us x)
Requesting thread lock to keep thins from spiraling. Fire mages were recently buffed.
Don't get me wrong, I hear you :)

I'm currently playing arcane again after being frustrated with frost. Casting my heart out, deep in my rotations only to see my dps results in a run well behind other classes.

We had some spells increased, 10% more in some cases, even up to 25% more depending on spec - which I hope is the first of a couple of 'tweaks' to our class.

The also made changes to other classes too.

This tends to happen after an expansion too, as the developers would have gotten some good data and feedback.

Hopefully we'll see some more things happen soon as they continue to work on balancing the classes.
Wasn't fire given a large amount of buffs near the beginning of the week?
Fire is, as it has been for the past 3 or 4 expansions, aimed at high levels of gear. At 630, Fire sits very low. At 695, it is top.

We get that you want Fire to be viable at low gear levels, but that is simply not how the spec works. It has always been so reliant on high-end gear, simply because of how it requires high crit levels.

Now, with the changes, Fire is actually in a better spot early on than it has been for a while now, and it doesn't look like it will need to be beaten with the nerf bat like previous expansions as people gear up. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say the changes to Fire have allowed it to be less reliant on base crit, which makes the other stats more appealing. I'm actually looking forward to trying out a Mastery/Crit build when BrF opens up.

For the record - Fire has not been nerfed since they did it in pre-patch, where Frost got nerfed too. It has however received a buff since WoD launched.

12/12/2014 04:53 PMPosted by Kopeteseeker
I guess I appear rude to some people
Yes, when you make statements that basically come across as "you disagree with me, therefore you're an idiot", people will get that idea. The people on these forums are other Mages, many of whom have played Mages for a long time, and know what they're talking about. This is a community that, for the most part, tries to to be as helpful as possible. Compared to other class forums, this one is positively outstanding. Getting snarky at people who are just trying to help is not a way to foster a close community.