HOTFIXES IN

Mage
Mage

ARCANE
Arcane Barrage's damage has increased by 16%.
Arcane Blast's damage has increased by 16%.
Arcane Explosion's damage has increased by 10%.
Arcane Missiles' damage has increased by 16%.

FIRE
Enhanced Pyrotechnics now causes a stacking 10% increased critical strike chance (up from 5% per stack).
Molten Armor now increases spell critical strike chance by 15% (up from 5%).

FROST
Frostbolt's damage has increased by 25%.

TALENTS
Arcane Orb's (Arcane) damage has increased by 10%.
Comet Storm's (Frost) damage has increased by 25%.
Meteor’s (Fire) damage-over-time effect has increased by 25%.
Nether Tempest's (Arcane) damage has increased by 10%.
Supernova's (Arcane) damage has increased by 12%.
Absolutely pathetic.
Holy !@#$ the fire changes.
Pretty nice buffs!
are you for real?
Yay fire crit
those are some juicy buffs
Damage wise, arcane and frost are now fine. Mechanical changes can be argued right before 6.1.

Fire though...why only a crit bonus? With the PvP set you get almost guaranteed crits and the damage doesn't go that much further up...that should say something...

Fire needs more than crit. It's a baseline damage thing, just like arcane. And fix combustion for 6.1 please.
Seems like Fire got the best deal, since the buffs will directly increase Pyro generation, which, coupled with the Pyro buff from last week might allow Fire to raise itself out of the ashes, all pheonix like.

Arcane's buffs are not so certain, especially since the buff to Frost might just end up with Frost ahead anyway, meaning no real change. That said, the combiners are at work now, so the crunched numbers should be out shortly.

12/08/2014 05:16 PMPosted by Bloodwingx
Damage wise, arcane and frost are now fine

Oh they are? Care to show how you reached such a clear and confident conclusion?
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/352909-603-hotfixes-december-8/
12/08/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Doppyfildo
FIRE
Enhanced Pyrotechnics now causes a stacking 10% increased critical strike chance (up from 5% per stack).
Molten Armor now increases spell critical strike chance by 15% (up from 5%).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAGbLsP817I
Omggggg those beautiful fire buffs.

I finally have a reason to level my mage now...fire is literally the only mage spec I like and those changes finally make it so you're not screwed by lack of crit in the first tiers of content each expansion!
Hopefully the 25% buff actually makes comet storm somewhat viable, it's the coolest looking lvl 100 talent after all
I will test dummy fire before raids at least tomorrow. Change my multistrike gems to crit gems and should be around 32% crit

I still think frost will be top tho.
12/08/2014 05:17 PMPosted by Zomgdps
Oh they are? Care to show how you reached such a clear and confident conclusion?

Arcane needed an overall buff. Done.
It wasn't doing bad because of anything except a little damage. It got it. Have you seen the sims and logs?

Frost had bad sustain, otherwise was great. Frostbolt buffed. Problem solved.

On another note, why the hostility?
Frostbolt was like 12.3% of my damage overall in a full normal clear. So basically a ~3% damage buff for frost?

I'll take it.

Though they aren't the end all, Arcane will probably sim higher than Frost in normal/heroic gear. Fire will probably be the best in mythic gear.

Looking forward to seeing sims and actual numbers. Unlikely I switch from frost with all this multistrike gear I've accumulated either way.
Please note that the following class tuning changes are still undergoing testing and will be implemented as soon as possible.
Lawl...Warlocks left in the dirt. Oh well yay mage buffs.
Some of you are already complaining about the buffs and you haven't even tested them in game yet, theory crafting only goes so far wait till you get in the game and see how your numbers are espeically fire, plus this is only a hotfix not a patch where they can do far more work, enjoy your buffs!
I wonder if haste will be a better stat now for fire, since we get 10% CC per cast on fireball. now