New Character Models - Are you kidding me?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
So, today i ported over an undead mage, to the alliance side. Typically I have female draenei characters, so I began to customize the character as draenei, then realized I dont like the draenei anymore (they looked MUCH MUCH MUCH better before this model change)... so I picked a human. OMG.... who on earth do you guys have doing these character models, and a better question is how did they ever pass quality control? They all look the same, and are BUTT UGLY.

I hope you guys dont think this is a game improvement, its a rollback. Have you ever thought of letting the community vote on these changes?

FYI edit - im talking about the female FACES, not their animations, environment changes, etc.
12/05/2014 07:49 AMPosted by Jaçkal
Have you ever thought of letting the community vote on these changes?

Of all the things to have a community vote on, I think the models are probably one of the better reasons. I know that Amplitude studios does this exact type of thing.
Draenei are ugly now? I... I need time to digest this... Coffee too.
I hope you're trolling.
I agree with the OP. As a whole, female models on the Alliance side are *very* poorly done.
So, today i ported over an undead mage, to the alliance side. Typically I have female draenei characters

also got to 100 on one it took you this long to figure something out ?:?
12/05/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Tandralyne

They are uglier than before the model change, but are one of the better models of the 3 tall female alliance classes (human, night elf, draenei).

The humans are so ugly, I feel like blizzard was trolling when they released it. Absolutely no thought or effort put into these models. Seems like there is a less of a choice now too.
12/05/2014 07:57 AMPosted by Kisumiwoo
So, today i ported over an undead mage, to the alliance side. Typically I have female draenei characters

also got to 100 on one it took you this long to figure something out ?:?

Yes, because i keep a helmet on and dont look at her too much, but when I ported over my mage, it was like creating a new character, so it stood out a bunch more.
12/05/2014 07:57 AMPosted by Jaçkal
12/05/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Tandralyne

They are uglier than before the model change, but are one of the better models of the 3 tall female alliance classes (human, night elf, draenei).

The humans are so ugly, I feel like blizzard was trolling when they released it. Absolutely no thought or effort put into these models. Seems like there is a less of a choice now too.

No thought or effort? I'm sure plenty of people who worked on them would disagree.

Not liking them is one thing (I really really don't like the surprised high arch eyebrows of human females), but to take this aggressive stance is a bit tasteless.

Also the game definitely looks better as a whole, I think most of people's issues come from wonky animations or from dissonance since we've played for so long and were used to the old models.
I am not impressed with how my draenei looks now either. I might actually race change her at some point or just find a good helm to mog so I do not have to see her face. Its a shame because I used to really think they were pretty. I really do not like any of the new faces.
I will have to agree that the alliance females, and males, got the short end of the stick with these remodelings.

Female humans look like crack addicts, or angry Latina women.
Female gnomes look like they are suffering from depression.
Female night elves look like they are sucking in their cheeks and smiling at once.
Female dwarves aren't to bad, though is it weird i'm sad they made the ugliest face look pretty?
Female draenei, something bout their eyes is off. Least they don't look to constipated now when they stand/run.

Males faired a little better but still odd.
All males have a bounce to their run now, well, half the females do to.
Male humans look depressed and some form of human versions of grumpy cat.
Male dwarves don't look to bad, but they bounce. Is that suppose to happen?
Male night elves err.. bouncy. scary like faces.
Male gnomes look like desperate car salesmen.
Male draenei aren't to bad. Glad they fixed their shoulders up a bit.

Horde side? Not so much.
I'm horde and I love our new models. My one complaint is the run animation on a lot of races is too bouncy.
The fem-draenei stomp when they run when they used to move very lightly (like deer). I like the higher res but loathe that my pally now has green eyes- not even pretty green eyes, just... weird ones. :/

No complaints about their counterparts other than the chintacles look glued on.
people who worked on them .

They should be ashamed...

ASHAMED I TELL YOU!
I just don't understand how you guys this the blocky faces and non realistic blinking looks better than these.

Opinions are opinions I guess. I love the drainei females. Much prettier and their animations are a ton better.

My opinion though.
turn on old models
12/05/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Valkriya
12/05/2014 07:57 AMPosted by Jaçkal

No thought or effort? I'm sure plenty of people who worked on them would disagree.

Not liking them is one thing (I really really don't like the surprised high arch eyebrows of human females), but to take this aggressive stance is a bit tasteless.

Also the game definitely looks better as a whole, I think most of people's issues come from wonky animations or from dissonance since we've played for so long and were used to the old models.

I'm talking about character models, not the rest of the game (you are right, it looks good). The models all look the same, with the exception of a raised eyebrow, or some other minute difference. So, yes, no thought effort is a great way to describe it. Describing criticism for a product as tasteless is not a proper use of the term.. Save that for when someone is describing their girlfriend.
Wah wah! My draenei is so ugly I can't look her in the back of the head anymore!
12/05/2014 08:09 AMPosted by Jundox
Is this a necro thread?

It was created today, for your reading pleasure - http://www.internetslang.com/NECRO-meaning-definition.asp