Bag of Salvaged Goods

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
So, I have a level 3 Salvage Yard, and have been recieiving Crates of Salvaged goods, as I should be. But starting today, missions have been inaccurately rewarding Bags of Salvage goods, the level 2 salvage yard reward. Is anyone else having this problem?
Blizzard nerfed the Salvage yard for no apparent reason. They should focus on things that actually need attention like the cluster of a mess that Ashran is.
Blizz doesn't seem to test anything these days.
12/06/2014 09:39 PMPosted by Durtritasu

They don't have to test anything, they know what's best, and fun for us already.
*obvious sarcasm*
Sigh. Just sigh.
12/06/2014 09:39 PMPosted by Durtritasu

There is no Public Testing Realm.
All they have is a Public Marketing Realm that the random selection somehow always picks the most sycophantic media.
Never gonna get the transmog set for my monk at this rate.
It's already a big enough pain to get gear upgrades for followers. What a joke.
I just got a white bag on my mage who has the level 3 yard as well. Bug or nerf, Blizz?
Crates were the only reason I was wasting so much time in my Garrison, trying to maximize the number of missions ran to generate crates.

Guess I won't be bothering with that now. I'll run my 100 missions and let the rest rot now.
It's neither nerf nor bug, but rather intended to be a rebalancing that shifts some of the incentives away from spamming low-level missions (even after you have high-level followers), in favor of making high-level missions more rewarding.

We made two changes:
  • Level 90-94 missions will only award a Bag of Salvaged Goods (level 1 reward) regardless of the level of your Salvage Yard.
  • Successful Level 100 missions will now always reward a salvage crate appropriate for your current Salvage Yard.

Level 95-99 missions are unchanged. On balance, players who are trying to increase the item level of their followers should be receiving a similar number of follower upgrades as before, but hopefully with a bit less emphasis on logging in every hour or two to cycle through quick low-level missions.
12/06/2014 10:03 PMPosted by Watcher
It's neither nerf nor bug, but rather intended to be a rebalancing that shifts some of the incentives away from spamming low-level missions (even after you have high-level followers), in favor of making high-level missions more rewarding.

We made two changes:
  • Level 90-94 missions will only award a Bag of Salvaged Goods (level 1 reward) regardless of the level of your Salvage Yard.
  • Successful Level 100 missions will now always reward a salvage crate appropriate for your current Salvage Yard.

Level 95-99 missions are unchanged. On balance, players who are trying to increase the item level of their followers should be receiving a similar number of follower upgrades as before, but hopefully with a bit less emphasis on logging in every hour or two to cycle through quick low-level missions.

Sounds like a nerf to me.
Shouldn't you guys be more focused on balancing Ashran?
I like the sound of that change - it was silly to have to send level 100 followers to do easy missions to try for upgrades - but it feels pretty lousy having so few level 100 missions to send followers on. Waiting for appropriate missions to appear doesn't seem very fun!

Thank-you for the explanation.
On balance, players who are trying to increase the item level of their followers should be receiving a similar number of follower upgrades as before.

I'm happy to hear that regarding these tweaks.

On the other hand, we could use a bit of a horizontal buff to follower upgrade items. Something allowing them to be more consistent and less reliant on RNG. Particularly from the Bunker/War Mill work orders.

Definitely too much RNG for them right now. Even with the a garrison full up with level 100 missions, L3 salvage yard, and Bunker.

More rewarding compared to what? Compared to how they were previously, or compared to the newly "rebalanced" missions?
12/06/2014 10:06 PMPosted by Astraio
Sounds like a nerf to me.

For those who spent most of the day logged on spamming low level missions maybe. But was that a gamestyle they wanted to encourage and promote?
Successful Level 100 missions will now always reward a salvage crate appropriate for your current Salvage Yard.

Now could we get more than 5 or 6 level 100 missions per day?
Why is the salvage yard such a higher priority than the War Mill? This actually feels like it works against us because of the scarcity of lvl 100 missions. Without a re-balancing of those higher missions I don't see this as being a balancing benefit.