No!!!! Poor FFB 'fixed'

Mage
Ah it was fun while it lasted.
What did they fix about it?
At least people will stop arguing with me that it was intended behavior.

12/12/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Myronus

It wasn't consuming the buff from the PvP set bonus properly and let people carry ridiculous levels of Crit via Scorch weaving.
12/12/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Mageski

12/12/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Myronus

It wasn't consuming the buff from the PvP set bonus properly and let people carry ridiculous levels of Crit via Scorch weaving.

i will miss it but the dot weaving was artificially propping fire up higher then it really was and probably kept us from getting a true measure (and thus the buffs we need). hopefully now that its gone we will see some propper dps buffs.

arcane is a blast in bg's / rbgs though
12/12/2014 11:16 AMPosted by Peppelepeu
i will miss it but the dot weaving was artificially propping fire up higher then it really was and probably kept us from getting a true measure (and thus the buffs we need). hopefully now that its gone we will see some propper dps buffs.

This. I love spell weaving and being able to pull it off in pvp felt good. However, with this fix, it will lower pve #s which will lead to more buffs =]
I thought it was pretty balanced honestly... It isnt like you could spam them forever... You had to weave in a scorch to keep it up and if you had a PYRO proc you could only FFB > PYRO > scorch or else you would use it and were back to casting 3 scorches.

You could argue that the snare made it OP.. but why dont they just make it so that FFB removes the buff and Fireball doesnt.. then we would still be a big damage dealer if left unchecked (which we SHOULD BE) and if we chose to case a FFb for the snare we could sacrifice the buff for that...

It seems they arent doing anything sensible with mage as of late.

I am just waiting for them to nerf the scorch trick... How exactly is it I land an instant cast spell (inferno blast) I am spamming while a casting a spell with 0 travel time (scorch) and inferno blast lands first?

Doesnt make sense logically but it works and I get pyro procs with it.... SHHHH, this "bug" has been around for a LONG time.
LOL.

The one thing that makes Fire Mages competitive and they fix it instead of fixing our damage then fixing it. Makes sense.
12/12/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Demagë
I am just waiting for them to nerf the scorch trick... How exactly is it I land an instant cast spell (inferno blast) I am spamming while a casting a spell with 0 travel time (scorch) and inferno blast lands first?

You mean so that casting Scorch + Inferno Blast while you have Heating Up would let you gain Hot Streak? That's actually intentional, and even if Scorch appeared first in the damage log, it would still work because the whole reason why Heating Up had that delay added before fading was to let fire mages do this.

If anything, camping HU with Fireball + Pyroblast was probably unintentional, but if they didn't approve of that it would've been fixed long ago in MoP.
12/12/2014 02:18 PMPosted by Sarm
12/12/2014 01:11 PMPosted by Demagë

You mean so that casting Scorch + Inferno Blast while you have Heating Up would let you gain Hot Streak? That's actually intentional, and even if Scorch appeared first in the damage log, it would still work because the whole reason why Heating Up had that delay added before fading was to let fire mages do this.

If anything, camping HU with Fireball + Pyroblast was probably unintentional, but if they didn't approve of that it would've been fixed long ago in MoP.

Yes, but logically it is wrong... For a HS proc we are supposed to get 2 crits ina row...

Cast scorch --- crit = heating up
Cast scorch (while spamming inferno blast)

How does the inferno blast hit b4 the scorch? The scorch has to finish casting, it has 0 travel time and then the inferno blast crits...

The scorch not critting SHOULD , logically cause the warming up proc to go away.

Perhaps it is intentional... Without it we would be in REALLY bad shape.
The delay before Heating Up fades was specifically added to allow fire mages to Scorch + Inferno Blast, so don't worry. It's entirely intended behavior in this case, even if mechanically it sounds strange.
Now it's official. R.I.P. fire mages pvp/pve
12/12/2014 10:41 AMPosted by Mageski

arcane is a blast in bg's / rbgs though

i see what ya did there.