Blizz: Keep Trap Launcher on ALWAYS

Hunter
Please change it so when I turn trap launcher on, its on all the time until I turn it off.

How hard is that really? Why reset it every time I change spec, change talents, change glyphs, change pets, change zones, or change gear?

Turn it on, leave it on.
Turn it off, leave it off.

How hard is that? Why complicate the hell out of things?
In my opinion, once you learn it, being on should be the default, and "activating" it turns it off, so this is never an issue.
It will be a joyous day when this happens.
It's funny, I am so used to it being on that even when I want to set a trap at my feet I still use my mouse to put it there....
If you guys are having problems remembering to keep it on, you can set up WeakAuras to display something when it's not active. I have a noticeable flashing "ACTIVATE TRAP LAUNCHER!" across my screen when it's not active. Also have it say something similar when Pack is active (works with other hunters' Pack as well).
Hiya! They already recognized this as an issue. I really hope that they fix it soon. We probably won't get a change till 6.1 though, who knows. Stupid bug.
This has completely bungled my entrance into more than one pvp battle.
12/07/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Vahlok
In my opinion, once you learn it, being on should be the default, and "activating" it turns it off, so this is never an issue.

This is how it should be.
Please blizzard make players complain about the most stupid sh1t ever.
If anyone is using weakauras and wants an annoying alert to remind them to turn trap launcher back on

dGJlcaGlvLTbvMPsvZfQA2G6MKQQBtf7eK9I2nf7xPYpvj9xvk)MkDysgQKYGvPA4sYbPQ0YKOJbLZPQAHsQwkvvwSO0YbEOi0tjEmP8CfMOiyQuAYkY0L6IIIRsQINrQCDiTrrQTsvvBwrTDQkgMkghettu9DsvAKKQYPvYOLW4vjoPi5wQsxJQCEr0NvkFtvCzHjgTuu0sXcuv7UVxHA0kcaLuq2m(L23eZGpvIxHe8QSl4vN8wbQPdWTgOQGvOgTIaWMYGs5357)thfhktuMOLIMlSlGwcHrOZhcHkj0HnfqSTCn2KvbLoU0OGGsw4WmPF3PGIVjKaLoU0OGGskthGzLwGVM)1sduob(uAUMb(A(x7TUYycWBgNSWHZ7)HYLRZZJOj0l23PS0dr358GGv6rj5155r0m9Zbb5h53Z78Rd3bxoNFZ9OOmlhvVCn0sXrTm0sPtwfuQaXiAkvGyenLSUOgTGnBkRjkwGQA399kuJwraOO31uxqOYCSVFpCpyhemVCDumOowWABladcHrPiwBfntJK)8CqYrWPddhIx5dNFZ9Oa7QMOLc6iUPbRgdwNcWfoOLIdkCVOLnBkAWQXGwkJLzdoOOp9azZ4hB2uAWABla0szz8jaJG1PyuoXGwcHrXcuv7UVxHA0kcaB2SP4dHWYlpSjb
12/07/2014 04:42 PMPosted by Liltwix
f you guys are having problems remembering to keep it on, you can set up WeakAuras to display something when it's not active. I have a noticeable flashing "ACTIVATE TRAP LAUNCHER!" across my screen when it's not active. Also have it say something similar when Pack is active (works with other hunters' Pack as well).

Very good suggestion. After some more research, I came up with a macro that will help as well, but I will try this, thanks so much!

#showtooltip explosive trap
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast !Trap Launcher
/cast Explosive Trap

Or Ice Trap, or Freezing Trap.

- If its off, it will turn it on with the first click, then use the trap on the second click.
- If its already on, it will use the trap on first click.
- If its on and trap is on cool-down, it will do a little animation as if turning it on, but no GCD usage. Might kick off mount though.

Next up, not having Misdirection re-cast every time you use it (with glyph and the spell macro-ed) Maybe I can use a variant of the above Macro.. hmmmm.