Sad to see so many leaving

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
not one person i know has quit recently.

12/07/2014 06:47 PMPosted by Tandralyne
I have a fair list of greivences myself

really? someone on the forums has complaints? you don't say... meanwhile the millions of people happy with the game dont post on the forums giving everyone a skewed picture of how things actually are.
12/08/2014 09:36 AMPosted by Isopentane
Here is a tip for you.... the people that write good bye posts aren't going anywhere. When people really quit wow they don't care enough to write posts, they just quietly leave. The people writing good byes are passionate about the game and are lobbying for change. They may even cancel their sub trying to convince themselves that this time it's for real, but in the end they will resub and keep playing.

This is why the "good bye" posters are mocked, everyone knows they aren't actually leaving.

This is so wrong many who do write leave and there a lot more who don't write one and leave it is those who are the most dangerous being the most unsatisfied they tell their friends who tell their friends not to get this train wreck of a so called expansion.

I at the moment am not quitting but lately has been crossing my mind after I do my Molten Core run because the game isn't fun anymore how is sitting in your garrison fun I thought going back and doing old raids and such would help but it isn't. It wasn't only flying that killed it has a lot of smaller things as well such as the way they screwed up the classes taking away abilities many liked to use. Trying to merge the druids travel forms unless you use a glyph which takes away a spot you could use a better one. Add this all up and throw in no flying and our so called main hubs are close to the pee vee pee gank zone which is just a run down outpost nothing special like the shrine was and you have a recipe for disaster.

When the time does come for me to leave I will not be writing a good bye post I will fade into the shadows and no one can have my stuff.
Like many here, I don't think it's necessarily one issue that makes us want to leave. It's either a lack of response or acknowledgment of a key issue, or a bunch of little things that add up to wanting to leave.

I for one am not too preferential to the ridiculously high cost of crafted pieces. 100 truesteel ingots for a 630 weapon? Come on. That's DAYS for an entry level weapon. The fact we can only have 3 doesn't help.

As an aside, I'm clearing raid content early in the cycle (first week) for the first time ever. Getting Kargath and Butcher down this week was a welcome surprise; I've never downed bosses the first week they open before due to scheduling, but I was able to PUG a group relatively simply.

That being said, though, two of my 3 mains for this expac are at level 100 and ready to raid. I'm worrying that I'll be sick of Highmaul sooner rather than later.
"""You think they are actually going to be gone for long (if at all)? There's a long-standing tradition with these forums where people claim to leave, but they always return. Anyone who actually wants to stop playing, and is willing to unsub, will just do it."""

WRONG

out of the 9 years I have been playing, I have seen 3 entire guilds of members leave that NEVER returned, well over 300 players

if indeed "they always return", wow would have at some point in every expac see subs sitting at 13 million plus given at the height of subs wow had over 12 million subs and is now sitting at 10 million BUT dropping.

NO, they do NOT always come back......
12/08/2014 09:14 AMPosted by Chalanight
in short, the quitting threads are just folks trying to grab attention, that's why they're not taken seriously no matter how mature you're trying to make it

which is why I won't ever make a "quitting" thread, cause people like you, jump to conclusions. many people have personal reasons for wanting to leave WoW. but some people jump in, throwing "oh you're 'quitting' cause you can't fly in Draenor? Get over yourself. lol", and the whole thread degrades into a festering cesspool, that makes even gamefaqs forums look friendly.
12/08/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Krugarr
12/08/2014 09:45 AMPosted by Babygrandpa
Good. Chances are most of the pro-flight crew couldn't pass silver PG anyways.

Silver proving grounds is absolutely brutal with elemental, when compared with any other class.

Bliz plz halp.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15270978834#11

So I guess you are probably as bad as the people you're flaming.

lolll
Posted by Isopentane
"Here is a tip for you.... the people that write good bye posts aren't going anywhere. When people really quit wow they don't care enough to write posts, they just quietly leave. The people writing good byes are passionate about the game and are lobbying for change. They may even cancel their sub trying to convince themselves that this time it's for real, but in the end they will resub and keep playing.

This is why the "good bye" posters are mocked, everyone knows they aren't actually leaving."

Those that are not as passionate about the game may well leave w/o a goodbye post, some come back, more do not, some that do write a goodbye post indeed do leave if they do not see changes that draw them back.

To sit idly by with a silent voice is to see nothing change and if an aspect or aspects are not keeping the game fun and you never raised your voice you can not be upset. I would rather see 500 pages of complaints and potential changes than to see silence and watch as players slip silently away.
12/08/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Krugarr
12/08/2014 09:45 AMPosted by Babygrandpa
Good. Chances are most of the pro-flight crew couldn't pass silver PG anyways.

Silver proving grounds is absolutely brutal with elemental, when compared with any other class.

Bliz plz halp.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15270978834#11

So I guess you are probably as bad as the people you're flaming.

It's sad that you have to resort to stalking someone's post history in a desperate attempt to discredit them.

Like, REALLY sad. I'm really sad for you. REALLY sad.
Oh boy. That time of the expansion already, is it?

Where we attempt to shame Blizzard for having the nerve to not please everybody?
I think that if these people quit playing a game they supposedly love over flying, i say good riddance.

The less self entitled cry babies in game, the better and stronger the community.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c292/cfm117/C736F82A-B6B9-47A8-82AA-56E8F1E9D442_zpsjgchw6iu.jpg

Like i said, mine revolves around broken pvp. I never raid so i dont care about rng and all that other bs. I work 70 hours a week so i only can do pvp/arena and right now its totally broken for dps casters. Im not going to waste what little time i have on a futile effort. And i am a vanilla player also.
12/08/2014 11:17 AMPosted by Melinjem
To sit idly by with a silent voice is to see nothing change and if an aspect or aspects are not keeping the game fun and you never raised your voice you can not be upset.

some of us, rather not be blasted, for having opinions, or be subjected to "translation: waah waah waah" posts...besides, the forum trolls don't deserve a goodbye thread far as I'm concerned.
My friend list on the weekend has more active names than ever, even the early days of Mists. There are names showing up who haven't played since WotLK and Cata. In fact it's pretty astounding how many old timers have come back for this expansion, people I haven't seen ingame in years. And we even went to Highmaul and raid chat was the same as ever.

I don't even know the people who are leaving and the ones I've known are back!
Forums are a minority of the population. Like 2% of the community goes here? Hardly representative of a whole.

Yes yes, downvote away.. that's it. WoW is in a rocky spot, but this isn't the first time it's been like this.
12/08/2014 12:13 PMPosted by Stratosphere
Forums are a minority of the population. Like 2% of the community goes here? Hardly representative of a whole.

Yes yes, downvote away.. that's it. WoW is in a rocky spot, but this isn't the first time it's been like this.

Which probably means there are alot more people displeased with certain aspects, that wont post about it. You cant say that only 2% of the pop has complaints because 2% visit the forums.
12/08/2014 08:02 AMPosted by Tannyya
Your server has so many people on it ? Unless there is another nagrand server I missed, realm census at
2 54 your time nets a whopping 822 ally side, you consider that full ? Mal Ganis prime playing time is around 4555 horde side, that's a full server, not locked. Yours is a far cry from a high population, I consider that to be low population.

Except that you are using woefully outdated information. We are now merged with Caelestrasz server, which you would know if you put more effort into your search. It is now grossly overpopulated here.

It is so overpopulated that for days after the launch, I was waiting 4 hours + to even log in.

As for stability, occasional crashes when playing on this server, but not on others. Also, good luck doing the daily if you are in peak hours.

And what are those people doing, hm? A lot are trying to see who can be the chat troll champion.