Does Halo pull?

Priest
I'm wondering because I was blamed in a heroic for pulling. I took responsibility over it because I'm not 100% certain if halo pulls mobs that aren't in combat. There was also 2 other pulls that definitely weren't me(I stopped using halo the rest of the dungeon), so I'm not sure if I was just their scapegoat.

Does halo pull monsters that aren't in combat?
12/04/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Nerif

Yes.
12/04/2014 03:24 PMPosted by Fancypants
12/04/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Nerif

Yes.

Should I use another talent? It seems the halo ring is way too large to do damage without pulling anything in the process.
It seems they decided to change their stance on spells not doing stupid things and make anything that can pull adds do it.
Pulling is what Halo is for. :P
You can still use Halo but you need to pay attention to where you are. Position yourself accordingly. If you aren't sure, though, don't cast it.
Also bear in mind that Halo has a HUGE 'Z' axis. As in it isn't so much a circle that expands out from your character so much as a very tall cylinder.

Happy halo'ing.
I assume you are talking about Shadow Halo, so yes, it will pull stuff not in combat with you. The healing Halo, however, does not do damage anymore so feel free to cast that whenever :)

I like Halo in shadow, and I have it macro'd to yell "NO RAGRETS" when I cast it, because lets face it, you have to have zero regrets when using Halo, and be able to handle whatever it pulls. :D
I just use it as an extra Battle Horn.
You have to be extra careful these days too. One thing I've noticed is that many obstacles which block your line of sight to a mob have no problem letting halo right on through, so don't just assume that because you don't have los that it's safe to cast halo.

Not that I've ever halo pulled, oh no not me...
Oh yea halo pulls everything.

A good (safe) advice is: if you can see their nameplate, you WILL pull them.

While this is not strictly true, it is a good rule of thumb.

So practice safe haloing.
Yeah, that's pretty close; nameplates show up at 35 yards, and Halo hits up to like 30.5 or so.
yes,

Blizz gave us a great ability that we can barely use in Heroics, another reason why Priests are so Bad in WoD
12/05/2014 05:25 AMPosted by Holyschmoley
yes,

Blizz gave us a great ability that we can barely use in Heroics, another reason why Priests are so Bad in WoD

Priests are better in WoD than they have been in years.

Stop being bad!
Halo is not the best option for trash or heroics, i would use Star or Cascade (and even cascade i get nervous about pulling with.)

Halo is great for raid boses, espeically with multiple (non-CCable) adds
Halo doesn't do any damage any more? How can it still pull?
Eradeus:
Halo doesn't do any damage any more? How can it still pull?

They mean shadow halo.
12/06/2014 07:54 AMPosted by Icpitl
They mean shadow halo.

Bwahaha IM a derp, but in my defense there wasn't any indication this thread was for shadow. :D