No flying in 6.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 133 Next
[...] our reasons for disallowing flight in 6.0 continue to apply in 6.1.

And, it's official: MY reasons to continue subscribing to World of Warcraft just evaporated.

Off I go to unsubscribe, untila nd unless the developers stop f!king around like this.

• CE in-game bonus: Dread Raven ... flying mount, based on Draenor creature.
  • On sale in stores: Iron Skyreaver ... flying mount based on Draenor creature and faction.
  • Also on sale in stores: Grinning Reaver ... flying mount based on Draenor creature and faction.

Seriously, that begins to look an AWFUL lot like false advertising. Once: coincidence. Twice: suspicious. Thrice: obvious pattern.

And yet ... no flying, still.

So, f!ck 'em. They won't be getting my $15/month as long as they keep this up.

And before anyone asks, no you CAN'T have my stuff, if this decision proves permanent, I'll delete everything and consign it all to oblivion.
Sad that they won't bring back flying.
12/04/2014 06:29 PMPosted by Lissanna
I love flying. Flying and raiding are the two things I love in the game. Flying improves my immersion.

I hate annoying mountains that block me from getting where I want to go. I also hate jumping puzzles.

I just want my flying back in 6.1 so I can have fun in the world again now that I'm max level and don't care about the leveling content anymore.

Put timeless isle stuff on islands where we can't fly. Put jumping puzzles in caves where we can't fly. Let people who love flying have flying back in 6.1. Stop using a couple dozen jumping puzzles I don't care about for taking away the content I love.

This. I'm not planning on unsubbing because of it, but I am very disappointed in the no-flight decision. I didn't mind it leveling but it is getting old fast at max. It wouldn't be so bad except that not only did they decide we couldn't fly, they wanted to make the terrain into a damn maze. I hate trying to find my way up a cliff to some objective up there, and everywhere I go is too steep and next thing I know I've gone halfway across the zone just trying to find a damn ramp. If they wanted to do this, they should have put only optional treasures up there and no quest objectives. It's incredibly annoying and frustrating, and makes me NOT want to explore (and I love exploring! :( )
I love flying. Flying and raiding are the two things I love in the game. Flying improves my immersion.I hate annoying mountains that block me from getting where I want to go. I also hate jumping puzzles.I just want my flying back in 6.1 so I can have fun in the world again now that I'm max level and don't care about the leveling content anymore.Put timeless isle stuff on islands where we can't fly. Put jumping puzzles in caves where we can't fly. Let people who love flying have flying back in 6.1. Stop using a couple dozen jumping puzzles I don't care about for taking away the content I love.

I wish I thought they cared. It is not immersion, puzzles, or anything other than money. $$$$$$$ That is why we can't fly. More $$$$$ for them, less $$$$$ spent on making the game.
I'm not too horribly upset either way when it comes to flying, but overall WoD has been a fairly large disappointment to me. With professions feeling nearly pointless, everything being gated behind daily cooldowns, very bad class balancing (seriously they still think shamans are fine?), ashran being a large one sided... mostly pve zone. To top it off customer service doesn't know how to reply to tickets without sending at least one or two automated replies that have nothing to do with the problems at hand.

I still like WoW, but there is a lot that is to be desired and at this point I have a hard time justifying a sub renewal when I run out in a week.
12/04/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Filana
Please. PLEASE tell me then, what have you been doing with your in-game time all these months/years that you've been playing. There was no flying in Vanilla WoW. Flying didn't occur till level 70 in BC. I remember - I was there.

What have I been doing in those months/years? Well, I've been flying.

There was no flying in Vanilla, right. There has been since level 70 in BC (I know, I was there too... we're not special, a lot of people here were)... and that was what, 8 years ago now?

That means it's been in the game for the vast majority of the time since its release. You couldn't fly until cap in Wrath or Mists, either, but I don't remember the strange "omg this is so much better" stuff until this time around. People just wanted to get back to being able to fly as soon as possible in those expansions.

Like it or not, it's been a big part of this game for the better part of a decade, so I'm not sure why some people are acting surprised that others may not like having it yanked away.

Honestly, after spending the better part of an hour trying to get to three different treasures in Nagrand today to walk away with a green, a grey, and 16 garrison resources I wonder why anyone would even think it was worth the trouble. If that's the content I get rather than flying, then honestly I don't know why I would ever want that trade-off. The jumping puzzles are more frustrating than fun and the rewards at the other end would often not even be worth going to get even if I -could- fly right to them.

People on PvP servers, I totally understand why they prefer no flying... but that's not a reason to force it on everyone.
12/04/2014 06:30 PMPosted by Shailean

Jumping puzzles are fun though. I learned to love them from playing Guild Wars 2 :P

If they put jumping puzzles in caves, on special timeless isle places, or in instanced skirmishes - you would love them just as much. They can have both jumping puzzles and flying.

Blizzard's goal was to make us not miss flying. For the first couple weeks, I didn't miss flying. Now that I'm level 100 and am already tired of training mobs behind me while I run to the raid dungeon, I want flying.

If I can't have flying, then put flight paths right next to the raid portal so I can fly directly from my garrison to the raid portal and I never have to see the rest of the world, then. Or, just put a portal to the raid dungeon in my garrison.

Making getting to the raid dungeon feel like a jumping puzzle just frustrates me and hurts my immersion and hurts my enjoyment.
Last straw *breaks*
Going to do MC to get my Core Hound and do the Highmaul raid with my guild this week so I don't let them down, but I'm out. For real. And every person who screamed at me and others to quit and insulted all of us for months about our concerns, you can have my stuff. I hope you like flying mounts.
/peace
12/04/2014 06:35 PMPosted by Milligan
12/04/2014 06:32 PMPosted by Sereníty
What is sad is that it will likely be gone with many players, and the last thing everyone should want is lower subs.

It won't be that many.

The amount of people that will truly leave other the matter
will be from 80,000 - 50,000 which won't be a reasonably
noticeable number compared to 10,000,000.

That's if ANYTHING. 80% will resub back after a month.
The out of nowhere personal loot feedback made them change personal loot.
All of this real feedback won't make them hit the button to turn flying on.

Strange logic...

If I can't have flying, then put flight paths right next to the raid portal so I can fly directly from my garrison to the raid portal and I never have to see the rest of the world, then. Or, just put a portal to the raid dungeon in my garrison.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=244914/highlights-from-blizzards-warlords-reddit-ama#no-flying-for-6-1

The flight path changes might be what your looking for then :)

Theyll be improving them in Draenor.

edit: quote derped
12/04/2014 06:30 PMPosted by Shailean
I love flying. Flying and raiding are the two things I love in the game. Flying improves my immersion.

I hate annoying mountains that block me from getting where I want to go. I also hate jumping puzzles.

I just want my flying back in 6.1 so I can have fun in the world again now that I'm max level and don't care about the leveling content anymore.

Put timeless isle stuff on islands where we can't fly. Put jumping puzzles in caves where we can't fly. Let people who love flying have flying back in 6.1. Stop using a couple dozen jumping puzzles I don't care about for taking away the content I love.

Jumping puzzles are fun though. I learned to love them from playing Guild Wars 2 :P

The problem is that they're not fun for everyone and can hardly be considered compelling gameplay as they require more luck with your keyboard rather than skill with your character's abilities. They hardly seem like such a big gameplay feature that they should cancel out something such as flying which even Blizzard admitted back in Cataclysm was their most requested feature.
12/04/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Velenin
The out of nowhere personal loot feedback made them change personal loot.
All of this real feedback won't make them hit the button to turn flying on.

Strange logic...

No one has a single " good " reason why they should bring back flying
besides the fact you all want to QQ about it.

W/ NBG:

- Ninja Looters
- A Broken system

Simple as that, two huge reasons to keep it at personal.
They simply tried NBG and were right on their suspicions
about it being a bad system for WoD.
I like these people saying "hurr, I don't care if you don't come back!" they don't realize the full impact of a mass exodus (if it does happen.) It affects you more than you know, so yes, YOU SHOULD care that people are leaving the game.

my 2c.
Whether you’re navigating your way to Orumo the Observer in Shattrath Rise, trying to reach a treasure cache atop a column in Spires, or working your way around the ledges encircling The Pit, you’re engaging in gameplay that simply would not exist in a world with unfettered flight.

This is why I agree with no flight, it allows the adding of more interesting open world content that wouldn't even be considered if we still had flight.

Flight was only really useful for farming mats and blizz already compensated us for that by letting us farm mats in our garrisons.

^

This.

Climbing up mountains and having chests I don't care about "cleverly" placed don't matter to me. I want over half my mounts to be usable for their intended purpose again.

No flight hasn't made the world more immersive or involved, it's made 90% of the player base camp out in their garrison because they can't be bothered with anything else.

No flight ruins my immersion and it is hilarious that Blizzard thinks their paltry outdoor puzzles and hidden treasures make up for that.