No flying in 6.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 68 69 70 133 Next
12/05/2014 06:06 AMPosted by Lissanna
So what you're saying is, it's not clear that more people want flying than don't? That what I thought.

There is no data proving that no flying is better than flying. There is no data proving that flying is better than no flying. There are only opinions. I don't have ways to get data, but Blizzard could if they wanted to - but they choose to design by feel rather than getting the data that they could present to us showing us that mathematically, no flying is or isn't better.

The reasons we get of "immersion" aren't relevant if there is no data saying that no flying is more immersive.

The reason of not wanting us to fly because they don't want to put an invisible wall around Tanaan Jungle is much more likely than "immersion" to be why we can't fly in 6.1. It probably just means that Tanaan Jungle won't be ready for 6.1, so they can't turn flying on because they don't want to put in an invisible wall or phase the zone in a way that lets us fly over it. I don't really want to keep going with no flying mounts just because of an empty Tanaan Jungle on my map that they could have better planned for in advance.

Flak cannons. If a player is too high up in the air (meaning not possible without a flying mount), then they get instantly killed and forced to respawn back at a grave yard. There's the immersion. Or maybe have a background process running triggering when you dismount from a flying mount and then expire once you hit the ground. If the trigger is active upon entering the zone, you get killed on the spot and forced to spawn in the grave yard. Not hard to do.
12/05/2014 06:18 AMPosted by Donweedity
Seriously pro-flyers make it sound like there are NO flight paths and you have to walk everywhere.

Flight paths are entirely irrelevant and don't address the problem in any way.
Very pleased to see this from Blizzard.
12/05/2014 06:19 AMPosted by Erras
Seriously pro-flyers make it sound like there are NO flight paths and you have to walk everywhere.

Flight paths are entirely irrelevant and don't address the problem in any way.

Uhm, don't know what you are talking about, but yes they are highly relevant and address the problem in almost every single way.
12/05/2014 06:20 AMPosted by Wolvomo
You can get summoned to Ulduar.

By people that flew there.

12/05/2014 06:21 AMPosted by Bruise
Is there even a problem to begin with?

69 pages and counting shows there is a problem.

My post was about DOING Ulduar. Which, of course, flying mounts are disabled in the process.

Nobody is asking to bring flight into dungeons and raids. Hell, those that HAD flight (looking at you, Oculous....) were the worst in the game.

Instanced content is different from the world content, however.

Everything is accessible via ground mount and the only real argument I see are people unable to walk around a mountain without having asthma attacks like Lissanna, the MVP.

If you are going to disregard their opinion (and mine) on what is fun, than I'm going to disregard your opinion on what is fun.

12/05/2014 06:23 AMPosted by Donweedity
Uhm, don't know what you are talking about, but yes they are highly relevant and address the problem in almost every single way.

Not even remotely.
12/05/2014 06:21 AMPosted by Bruise
Is there even a problem to begin with?

No there isn't.
12/05/2014 06:21 AMPosted by Sarif
Very pleased to see this from Blizzard.

I as well. It has to be recognized that the Devs have come to the conclusion that the popularity of an issue should not play a part in good game design.

well done.
12/05/2014 05:30 AMPosted by Hôôfy
Everyone crying about no flight Draenor are more than likely bandwagon Wrath babies.

Hello, I am pro-flight and I started in vanilla WoW.
Seriously pro-flyers make it sound like there are NO flight paths and you have to walk everywhere. Flight paths are amazing in this expansion, there's a flight path usually for wherever you need to go, then just a short ride away to your destination. It really isn't that complicated, your just lazy.

It really isn't that complicated to figure out that If I have a plane that's paid for and I've jumped through multiple sets of hoops to use it over the past few years that I would rather use my own plane and fly myself, and have a chance to interact with the world as I pass it (taming a pet, mining a node, harvesting a tree, etc.), than pay someone else to use their plane, which is identical to mine, and have zero interaction.

I'd rather play the game and do these things for myself than have a boring and mindless taxi or portal do it for me.
Was Storm Peaks required to have a flying mount? Sure. But the zone was built specifically around that ideal. It worked, and I do agree flying mounts were enjoyable to that regard. But there are no zones like this in Warlords. Nor do there need to be.

The problem is that Activision didn't design Draenor around a big feature of the game. That's like not designing a car without a slot for the radio. You can still drive the car, and some don't want or need a radio, but most do.
12/05/2014 06:23 AMPosted by Erras

You have a problem, maybe.
12/05/2014 06:23 AMPosted by Erras

Yeah 69 pages of the same 20 people posting shows there's a problem? 20 people out of how many millions?
here's no reward without a challenge or struggle

Like the efforI I put in to get the flight mounts in the first place?