No flying in 6.1

General Discussion
Prev 1 70 71 72 133 Next
12/05/2014 06:28 AMPosted by Corvus
I absolutely LOVE that I can't fly in Draenor. The world feels so much bigger and so much more alive.

WRONG!

You and all the others no-flying adepts absolutely love OTHER people can´t fly !
fact is Blizz would lose less subs by adding flying than disabling it, the anti-flyers would go nowhere if flying was enabled in draenor...
12/05/2014 06:33 AMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx

Why yes, the very same mounts that you're able to use on the ground anyway!

Clearly all that time was wasted because I can't use these mounts to fly in circles around my garrison.

I don't want to fly in my garrison. I want to fly in Nagrand so I can fly over the irrelevant mobs and giant mountains that block my path when I am trying to get to relevant content so I can do fun and enjoyable things. I want to be able to fly to get to fun content that I will do on the ground.

What "relevant content" is hiding in the mountains of Nagrand?
I love this crap about things put in your way to waste your time. Do you go outside and get pissed at the ravine between you and the Chipotle? Obviously just put there by the universe to waste your time!
12/05/2014 06:35 AMPosted by Aehl
You mean the ones you were able to use for 4 xpacs and can still use in those areas?

So tell me, in the last few weeks, how much time have you spent in Northrend?

So tell me, in the last few weeks, how much time have you spent getting flying mounts?

And I'm in Northrend 2-3 times a week, every week.

You mean those areas that are completely irrelevant to current content?

Those flying mounts were able to be used when said effort was put in to get them. So what flying mounts have you put effort to get in WoD? OH right, none.

The collector's edition mount and the newest mount in the Blizzard store (admittedly I have neither, since I'm soured on spending real $ for in-game stuff), both connected to WoD, say hi.
12/05/2014 06:37 AMPosted by Doiry
[quote]

* I'm not trying to skip content. I'm trying to get from A to B as efficiently as possible in order to experience content. Circuitous routes and swatting gnats is not content.

Exactly.

If I only have 30 minutes to play I can't possibly accomplish anything in WoD.

I get so angry playing right now. Its just not worth it.

What are you even talking about? rofl. Garrisons were made for people like you.

12/05/2014 06:38 AMPosted by Bloodscent
12/05/2014 06:35 AMPosted by Aehl

So tell me, in the last few weeks, how much time have you spent in Northrend?

So tell me, in the last few weeks, how much time have you spent getting flying mounts?

What if he went back and completed achievements in this older content you hold in such high regard. The mount he earned has lost most of its usefulness in current content.
12/05/2014 06:36 AMPosted by Yaramuk
12/05/2014 06:32 AMPosted by Killercaitie

Again I shall say, no flying while leveling is fine. Let us fly at max level if we so choose to.

Those who wish to fly can, & those that wish to stay on the ground can do so.

The immersion thing doesn't even happen. There's no one around. I see maybe 10 other people a day out in the world.

I was in Arak recently doing a fishing daily. I saw a grand total of three other people. One of which was also fishing, and the other two killed a nearby rare and then left.

Indeed. I think the majority of my seeing people is also due to the rares.
12/05/2014 06:37 AMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx
What "relevant content" is hiding in the mountains of Nagrand?

For a couple more days, the stables quests I needed to do to unlock the mounts. In a couple more days, nothing, and I'll stop doing anything in Nagrand outside of raiding. I was just using it as an example of places where the terrain caused problems for my enjoyment of the content.

The rares and jumping puddles are one-time use content. Most of the ground-based content we are doing is either one-time-only, or it is something that having flying enabled wouldn't ruin our enjoyment of.

The Pit daily quest isn't something where being on a ground mount makes it any more fun. It still involves queueing up on the raid finder and running around with 40 other people to make it go faster either way.
12/05/2014 06:36 AMPosted by Khalistratos
12/05/2014 06:28 AMPosted by Corvus
I absolutely LOVE that I can't fly in Draenor. The world feels so much bigger and so much more alive.

WRONG!

You and all the others no-flying adepts absolutely love OTHER people can´t fly !

No, I mean what I said...but please, tell me more about my desires and motives...
What if they consider adding a special flying mount to nagrand as many are asking about flying there? such as where you can only use it in nagrand and nowhere else, kinda like that talbulk? I personally love the no flying thing, it brings me back, and its enjoyable because you get to see so much than if you were to just fly right over it. Its a personal thing, im not speaking for all.
12/05/2014 06:38 AMPosted by Yaramuk

Those flying mounts were able to be used when said effort was put in to get them. So what flying mounts have you put effort to get in WoD? OH right, none.

The collector's edition mount and the newest mount in the Blizzard store (admittedly I have neither, since I'm soured on spending real $ for in-game stuff), both connected to WoD, say hi.

Yet players were not forced nor are they being forced to buy the collectors edition or the other mount. Also buying them isn't really effort. Most players I know would buy a collectors edition without a mount so really not a huge sell point there.
12/05/2014 06:23 AMPosted by Erras
Instanced content is different from the world content, however.

In what way? That they're smaller areas that don't require a lot of travel? You're still killing "pointless" mobs to get to a boss for your loot. If there were a raid instance that allowed you to fly once so you could skip the trash, it'd be asked for the rest of raids because that's what people did in previous zones for expansions, and expect to do in the future. Fly right over "pointless" content.

12/05/2014 06:23 AMPosted by Erras
If you are going to disregard their opinion (and mine) on what is fun, than I'm going to disregard your opinion on what is fun.

I'm not disregarding your opinion on fun, I'm trying to wrap my brain around how flying over game content and removing a chunk of content for others is even considered "fun". Literally one of the points for no flying is because traversing ground without flying is hard and frustrating. To me this is unheard of and just simply silly to hear. I've never stopped moving in front of a rock and alt tabbed to the forums for assistance.

Be a grown up and work around it. Or just stop playing the game. If flight is this detrimental then it's not worth it to stay subbed or whine on the forums. I'm pretty sure the rest of the community can play this game just fine without the crutch.
12/05/2014 06:37 AMPosted by Scarla
fact is Blizz would lose less subs by adding flying than disabling it, the anti-flyers would go nowhere if flying was enabled in draenor...

Blizzard will lose zero subs over a lack of flight.

Not one single person who is enjoying the game but wants flight will quit.