DivinePlea/CrusaderStrike/HoR/FlashofLight

Paladin
Why was divine plea nerfed from 25% mana to 10%?
Yea i know some of you will say its OP but in a healers case it cuts their heals in half and it doesn't help prot much (in my tanking experience) and for ret I don't know.
Why is Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous on the same CD? They both give holy power so I'm guessing you did it for that reason but I find myself waiting for me to get to 3 holy power to use the holy power and when those are my 2 main abilities it is kinda tedious to wait.
Why is Flash of Light so expensive on mana?
I get that it is our fastest universal heal but come on, It is more expensive than Divine Light which is so much more powerful.

Oh and this I don't care much about but I miss Ardent Defender being auto casted when you were about to die...
Divine Plea is 15% with the Glyph (which healers will have). It feels a tad weak now, but mana is intended to be difficult for healers.

If you're getting GCD clashing issues as a tank (or really any issues as a Pally tank before Heroics), you're doing something very wrong at the moment. Use CS for single targets and HotR for multitargets. After that, use the 939 priorities as outlined by Xayton, EJ, and Maintankadin.

As to FoL, it's intended to be expensive for the same reason Flash Heal, Healing Surge, and Regrowth are expensive. If you don't know what that is, you must have been explicitly avoiding nearly all news of Cata development.
I think most people are fine with the 10%-15% mana return, what people aren't as keen on is the 50% heal reduction. No other class is subject to such a penalty with regards to a mana regeneration spell. The only spell that comes close to such a penalty is a priests Hymn of Hope, which cuts them off of healing for 8 seconds.

The other spells that do not cut people off from healing are mana tide totem (350% spirit increase) and innervate (20% of druids max mana over 10 sec). Both are 3 min cool downs, generally return more mana, and have no penalty for using.

Is a 1 minute less cooldown worth that huge of a penalty for using it? I do not think so.
Why was divine plea nerfed from 25% mana to 10%?
Yea i know some of you will say its OP but in a healers case it cuts their heals in half and it doesn't help prot much (in my tanking experience) and for ret I don't know.

I am not sure why but I don't understand how you can say divine plea wasn't crucial for prot pallys. In WOTLK your prot talent tree allowed divine plea to be refreshed every single time you struck someone in melee which basically means-non stop 25% mana.

I don't know how pally tanks have changed in CATA yet but I imagine it was reduced because people QQed on a forum about it being OP.

Why is Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous on the same CD? They both give holy power so I'm guessing you did it for that reason but I find myself waiting for me to get to 3 holy power to use the holy power and when those are my 2 main abilities it is kinda tedious to wait.

Thats the big problem with ret at the moment is you basically spend half the time franticly dumping off your holy power and the next 20 seconds hitting crusader strike/judgment.

Someone told me that once your haste gets way up there and you start getting crusader strike to a 3 second cd the whole game changes.

I think for ret the new primary stats are going to be Strength/haste/mastery with crit being the last priority.

I get that it is our fastest universal heal but come on, It is more expensive than Divine Light which is so much more powerful.

Oh and this I don't care much about but I miss Ardent Defender being auto casted when you were about to die...

I think they did it because they were changing how paladins heal. For the longest time there it was spam flash of light. Alot of other classes had so much more variety than we did.

Like the ardent defender thing I think a good start at fixing ret would be an excorcism auto cast on an art of war proc.
[quote]I think they did it because they were changing how paladins heal. For the longest time there it was spam flash of light. Alot of other classes had so much more variety than we did.

Like the ardent defender thing I think a good start at fixing ret would be an excorcism auto cast on an art of war proc.

I don't know if it's because I fail at healing or what, but I have about 84k buffed mana, and I run out quickly. I have a rotation, and it works.... somewhat good in regs, but up in heroics, SFK for example, I can't last that long. 15% from DP is still garbage, and the whole mana scales as you level thing is crap. Maybe all we did was spam FoL, but at least that worked, unlike this new garbage mana cost and crap.
I don't know if it's because I fail at healing or what, but I have about 84k buffed mana, and I run out quickly. I have a rotation, and it works.... somewhat good in regs, but up in heroics, SFK for example, I can't last that long. 15% from DP is still garbage, and the whole mana scales as you level thing is crap. Maybe all we did was spam FoL, but at least that worked, unlike this new garbage mana cost and crap.

And when I mean, I can't last that long, I mean like.. against the first boss, for example.
Agree with Kiraen....I have 65k mana and in normal instance Im going oom fast... of course it seems that they hit the tank a lot harder now, especially at lvl 85 instances...even when I tank with 120K+ hps (buffed) the pally healers Ive had are having a hard time keeping up (mana wise), and I use WoG all the time. Gets old when you have to let healers drink after every fight...lol