Vial of the sands

General Discussion
Use: Teaches you how to transform into a dragon, allowing you to fly very fast and carry an ally on your back.

I obtained this today and was a bit dissapointed that you could not herb/mine without breaking the shapeshift. I mean its big enough to eat the ore/herb, it should def be able to scratch them.

oya instant cast pwease herp derp
you mean its just like every other mount?
12/20/2010 5:16 PMPosted by Baklaw
you mean its just like every other mount?
Well you do transform into a flight form kinda like a druid and they do get to gather
Well you do transform into a flight form kinda like a druid and they do get to gather
flight form = form

dragon = mount

form =/= mount
I was saddened there wasn't anything else awesome other than being able to pick up a passenger. I would of liked a custom animation (preparing to drink the potion).

flight form = form

dragon = mount

form =/= mount

Define a Form. What exactly makes a form different to a mount?

flight form = form

dragon = mount

form =/= mount

teaches you to TRASNFORM into a dragon.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=65891#comments

what does it say right underneath "vial of the sands"

it doesn't matter what the tooltip says. it matters how the game classifies it.
Worgen are also considered mounted when they do their running thing.
Mechanics take priority over lore or whatever you want to call it.
12/20/2010 6:31 PMPosted by Tetradd
Define a Form. What exactly makes a form different to a mount?
a form cannot be removed forcefully. a form changes how the game classifies you, from humanoid to beast or elemental. a form makes you immune to polymorph. mounts do none of these things.

a form completely shifts the abilities you have access to, giving you some while taking away others. a mount does not.
Shapesift (aka transform)- flight form

Transform (aka shapeshift)- Vial of sands

Mount - (Insert racial mount here)

Shapeshift=Transformation

Tranformation=/= Mount

Shapeshift=/=Mount

Dont see a problem with this idea. The mount is ~50000g depending on server after all...

In this thread - Druids QQing because they want the only shape-shift/transformation.
Sandstone Drake eats Elementium Ore

i leik this idea its kinda funy also lol
12/20/2010 6:39 PMPosted by Frostitutê
In this thread - Druids QQing because they want the only shape-shift/transformation.
i'm not qqing, i don't care either way. i've wanted a way to instant mount on my rogue since flight form was introduced. but as it stands right now, this is a mount. the tooltip can say "transform" or "shapeshift" or whatever it wants to, but it is a mount, and it functions as a mount.

rather than being instant cast, it can carry two people. if druid flight form could carry two people i doubt it would be instant cast either.
I made this thread mainly about mining/herbing without breaking shapeshift..i dont really see blizz making it instant cast
12/20/2010 6:39 PMPosted by Frostitutê

u jelly?
In game even your portrait changes to a dragon so it is even more like a druid in that way
No, if i was jelly i would have rolled a druid...meh they have to keep the girls of world of warcraft happy 2 i guess