[Ret Pallys'] Be Patient we will return...!!

Paladin
Yeah I'm not holding my breath.

We just have to look back on Ret history to see how things will turn out for us in Cata.

Vanilla: Ret? @@%%! you better respec Holy.

BC: Why aren't you Holy? You're Prot? I guess that's okay.

Wrath: Ret? Cool.......oh wait you've been nerfed down to sub par in PVE and laughable in PVP by the mid point of the expansion, never mind.

Contrary to popular belief Ret was far from top tier in raid DPS even compared to other hybrids and we all know how the PVP was.

Cata: lolret
Ret in PVP wasn't that bad. It was just stupidly easy. It was easy, but fun. It's depressing to look at my old screenshots and old pvp videos.. I honestly can say I miss it.

Ret was just so simple it was enjoyable, now it's just RNG bull#!%@. It's not fun to rely on a 40% chance to get holy power to do laughable damage..
12/22/2010 12:21 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Yeah I'm not holding my breath.

We just have to look back on Ret history to see how things will turn out for us in Cata.

Vanilla: Ret? @@%%! you better respec Holy.

BC: Why aren't you Holy? You're Prot? I guess that's okay.

Wrath: Ret? Cool.......oh wait you've been nerfed down to sub par in PVE and laughable in PVP by the mid point of the expansion, never mind.

Contrary to popular belief Ret was far from top tier in raid DPS even compared to other hybrids and we all know how the PVP was.

Cata: lolret

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there. That's exactly how I saw it although I began playing in BC so know nothing about how Ret was in Vanilla. Ret seemed to be somewhat decent in BC, but ONLY if you had some really REALLY nice gear. Otherwise you were a joke, kind of like now except ret's rotation was easier.
I <3 playing Wac-a-mole.
Ive played my Pally since BC dropped and honestly i agree that Ret pallies do need some work but i love the changes. I came back from a 4 month break when Cata dropped thinking it was gunna be terrible. But its not all that bad YES we rely to much on procs as a class but its whatever we learn to deal with it and after awhile things will be easier. Ive blown every class with the same ilvl as me outta the water in topping the meters, it all depends on skill now. IF you got it you got it if you dont well roll something else.
I certainly hope so. Sometimes I feel like I can't do enough damage , or the armour stinks. I would love to know where u can pick up all the new weapons and armour people have been talking about about. I am blacksmith but a lot of the other pallys i see do not have the armour that I can make. Magic question is can we still get it in Dalaran and if not where in cat can u get it. I also notice alot of the armour having haste with . u can have your crit and haste but not something else.
After a lot of frustration and hard thinking and time spent on deciding how to approach this (disabled, so no work and have more free time)

I have come to the conclusion that I honestly can see where this was meant to be. Paladins if played right, specced right, geared right and understood - shouldn't suck. From all of the research and constant figuring stuff out every day. I cannot see where it sucks. I can see where it's hard, because it was made to be hard, because we rely on procs, and burst damage/healing. I can't for the life of me, see why so many people say that Ret Paladins are crap, and always swear by Prot. It's really based on your playing style in Cataclysm with every class/spec. You really have to play what you find to be more at your level of play. If you do that, you're more likely to have fun and are more likely to learn how to get past the hard parts of a class, and become really really good. Sure it's a new age for Paladins. But that doesn't mean that Ret Paladins suck.

Look at it again, trust me. If you're intelligent enough you'll see what Blizzard is trying to do with this class, and love it. Believe me, I've complained enough myself, and I've been made enough myself about the fact that it's so hard. But if you can't over come it, then what's the point? Sit in a forum and complete and have huge drawn out conversations about a class in a video game, just because it's too hard for us? I say we should just try to figure out it out and play based on what we like and what we want and what we know.

It's not worth the money if you can't enjoy the game right? Then if you tried so hard, and you just can't find it fun to play a Paladin anymore change classes all together. There's a class for everyone. Blizzard intended Cataclysm to show you a new play style that would reflect how you would want to play. It really is about the players, you're just not looking hard enough.

However, if enough people complain and it effects Blizzards wallet some how, then they'll change it. If anything effects their wallet, they will change it. That's just how it works.

That doesn't mean they're greedy, that just means that they can't survive as a business without the money to pay for the things they need to continue to provide the fun for us. Without us, there is no Blizzard, Without Blizzard there are other games. You see my point?

Happy Proccing.
Yeah, I'm sorta a burst Warcraft player, but always enjoyed my ret pally.

Now? Seriously it's so unenjoyable that I'm going to probably get to 85, do some profession stuff, and return in 6 months or so to see if they're corrected this ridiculousness.

There is literally NO reason to be a ret pally anymore.
They've made a blue post about it. The new patch on January 3rd is suppose to help us. They know there is a big problem.
12/28/2010 8:17 AMPosted by Thelawgiver
They've made a blue post about it. The new patch on January 3rd is suppose to help us. They know there is a big problem.
Woah Jan 3rd? Where do you get this info?