AFK for the Holidays

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 12 Next
Happy Holidays to you all, and may peace and prosperity greet you all in the new year! Thanks for the hard work, I think you all deserve this AFK. ^_^
Lol, that's my 2s team though! :P
To people giving hard working individuals a hard time for taking a major holiday off, in order to spend time with their families, solely because the game isn't balanced to your liking yet: Are you really admitting that your main focus over the holidays is going to be getting arena points and BG ratings?

Really?

I didn't honestly believe that people had lives that sad. Even the homeless around here are spending time in the company of others, enjoying their donated Christmas meals at the various shelters and soup kitchens.

Enjoy your hot pockets and pixels, and just know that even the homeless are having a better holiday then you.

Merry gorram Christmas.
12/22/2010 1:55 PMPosted by Släyton
All I want for Christmas is a class balance patch....

Ya know, the one where Mages and Feral Druids get toned down in PvP.

how about elemental shaman fixes/buffs?
12/22/2010 5:52 PMPosted by Gogh
To people giving hard working individuals a hard time for taking a major holiday off, in order to spend time with their families, solely because the game isn't balanced to your liking yet: Are you really admitting that your main focus over the holidays is going to be getting arena points and BG ratings?

Really?

I didn't honestly believe that people had lives that sad. Even the homeless around here are spending time in the company of others, enjoying their donated Christmas meals at the various shelters and soup kitchens.

Enjoy your hot pockets and pixels, and just know that even the homeless are having a better holiday then you.

Merry gorram Christmas.

Thank you thank you THANK YOU! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I may be only spending the holidays with the hubby this year (yes we both play WoW), but that doesn't mean I'm gonna be logged in on Christmas, unless he wants to that is (it's his birthday too). *shakes finger* You all are Grinches! And Scrooges! There's more to life than WoW you know!

Happy Holidays Blizzard. Take some time off, and don't listen to all these complainers.
12/22/2010 1:58 PMPosted by ßoysßoysßoys
I wonder if Zarhym goes to sit on Santa's lap.

Can floaty skulls really sit?
Quit complaining and demanding they forgo the holidays so that you can have the balances you've been whining about and then still qq day in and day out for the rest of the expansion about how mages and ferals are too OP and holy pallies are too good. Let them enjoy Christmas and New Years with their families and friends, then go back to your juvenile bit- I mean, complaining, in 2011 when they can be refreshed and ready to answer your grating voices with their usual jaunty wave and clean, healthy sense of humor.

/deepinhale

Merry Christmas! (Or whatever)
All I want for Christmas is a /hug thread! xD
12/22/2010 4:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
ive had a ticket open since friday, it better not last till January.

Edit: Darnit. The candle beat me to it. *shakes fist*

its ok. we still love you :D lol
Merry Christmas to y'all.
12/22/2010 6:43 PMPosted by Nurass
Sorry I dont waste time on these so called holidays, I pay money for you to operate a business, it's like Obama administration, things need fixin not more time off with pay....

Then I assume you'll be at work for the entire holiday period, and won't be playing anyways, right?

No?

Hypocrisy, thy name is Nurass.

P.S: People who say they "Don't waste time on holidays" are people who have nobody to spend them with.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone at Blizzard, and of course, these forums too.

(Happy Feast of Winter Veil too!)

(edit: punctuation fail)
Happy Wintereenmas/Christmahannukwanzikah :D

Also...prease buff up MM and BM to match SV potential ;)
12/22/2010 5:52 PMPosted by Gogh

Really?

Merry gorram Christmas.

And I'm guessing you also think it would be unfair for congress to take off weeks for the holidays instead of passing important bills like health care for 9/11 first responders?

Really?

Merry gorram Christmas.

And I'm guessing you also think it would be unfair for congress to take off weeks for the holidays instead of passing important bills like health care for 9/11 first responders?

Okay, ignoring the fact that this extremely hyperbolic comparison speaks volumes about how seriously you take this game, and as such just how pathetic your world view is, I'll point out that they aren't taking off weeks, as-in plural, they're taking off one week.

One. Out of an entire year. I don't know if you're aware of this, but even congress is not in session 365 days a year, not even close. They take regular breaks and vacations, just like any job.

And it's not as if the entire Blizzard staff is taking the time off, the game will continue to run, customer service is still working, and forum moderation will continue as usual.

Besides all that, nobody is going to die or fall fatally ill because there's going to be a week without any balancing being done. This is a break they've always taken, it's not new.

TL;DR: Your comparison was idiotic, and so are you for trying to make it.
12/22/2010 7:53 PMPosted by Russetqt

Really?

Merry gorram Christmas.

And I'm guessing you have no real sense of perspective?

Sometimes good will toward your fellow man is hard to find around the holidays. People really can be selfish Scrooges. That was the point of telling Scrooge's tale, after all. It's easy to lose your humanity to self-gratification. It's remarkable to rise above it. And it's a miracle to lost your humanity and regain it in one night.

I love this game, but there is so much more to life. I hope that you find it, and find joy within yourself and in the joyfulness of others.