Doing 2s as a Mage is absurdly unfair

Mage
12/25/2014 08:23 AMPosted by Sôulöfice
I hate this right here same problem every hybrid has class with a healing spec, that spec should be counted as its own class. I really hate when people say yeah but restro is fine. All healers can get high ranks. There dps counter part not so much. Saying look at the number of pallys till now thats always been holy for the most part. Saying they were fine was a joke ret was a free kill. Right now ele is just sad enhance is a lil better but weakest melee by a large amount. But there will be some tool that says just play restro.

So based on this you think that Shaman should have EVEN MORE representation, when they are already WAY beyond Mage.

I hate the disgusting greed that most people who play hybrid classes display in this way.
12/25/2014 08:54 PMPosted by Speedymáge
Shaman should have EVEN MORE representation, when they are already WAY beyond mage.

Ele is way below Frost.

Ele is on the Arcane level of bad.
I really don't think mages are so ultra weak everything is impossible.

The problem is with all cooldowns popped our damage is disgusting (basically what hunters and rets do normally...).
With no cooldowns popped its incredibly awful.
Mages actually do alright.
If damage was just far more consistent then mages would pick up a lot. I just dislike the play style intensely.

Last time i checked frost mages were abouts mid tier if you are basing it on representation.
Yeah they are one of the most underrepresented classes in arena, but its because fire/arcane are actually unplayable in pvp.
12/25/2014 01:03 AMPosted by Sanariss
it's such a dumb rotation too. double ice nova then flail like a priss until it recharges

Lmao. Don't forget to wait for crystal again before you double ice nova and flail like a priss. Man that was funny and true :(
Mage rogue dream in 2's has been the most fun I've had pvping this expo, Like its been crazy fun.
I hate this right here same problem every hybrid has class with a healing spec, that spec should be counted as its own class. I really hate when people say yeah but restro is fine. All healers can get high ranks. There dps counter part not so much. Saying look at the number of pallys till now thats always been holy for the most part. Saying they were fine was a joke ret was a free kill. Right now ele is just sad enhance is a lil better but weakest melee by a large amount. But there will be some tool that says just play restro.

Yet you and others like you would be irritated if a fire or arcane mage wanted to be just as viable for PvP as frost.

Oh...that's "different", if you want to PvP....just play frost.
12/26/2014 04:33 PMPosted by Frozeus
12/25/2014 01:03 AMPosted by Sanariss
it's such a dumb rotation too. double ice nova then flail like a priss until it recharges

Lmao. Don't forget to wait for crystal again before you double ice nova and flail like a priss. Man that was funny and true :(

I just hit 100 on my mage the other day and I'm not a pro pvper but that's not at all how to burst as frost.

Water jet for your 2 frost finger procs, hold those.

>Icy Veins with associated glyph (30% multistrike instead of haste)

>Ice Lance x2 > Frozen orb > while orb builds your next 2 finger procs use nova x2 > ice lance x2

If you've got mirror image, you can pop that first. It's a pretty hefty amount of damage. Then you can flail around, aka try to stay alive until you can do it again. Reminds me of 3 minute mages.
12/26/2014 05:53 PMPosted by Zinqf
Yet you and others like you would be irritated if a fire or arcane mage wanted to be just as viable for PvP as frost.

Comparing different roles (healer/ranged dps, or ranged dps/melee dps) to different specs of the same role, (arcane/frost) isnt really something you should do...
12/26/2014 07:40 PMPosted by Vayris
12/26/2014 05:53 PMPosted by Zinqf

Comparing different roles (healer/ranged dps, or ranged dps/melee dps) to different specs of the same role, (arcane/frost) isnt really something you should do...

and why? i pay the same 15 bucks as you do, i deserve to have more or less equal viability no matter what role or spec i choose to play

i dont think this is self entitlement; i think this is common sense
i think its common sense to not compare restoration or enhancement to elemental...

its like saying "well prot pallys suck at PVP so we should buff ret"

if you have multiple specs that fulfill the same role, dont expect all those multiples to be viable.

If you have 3 ranged dps specs, dont expect all 3 to be viable.

If you have 1 Ranged dps spec, you should expect it to be viable.

Thats common sense.

....Maybe proving common sense isnt that common.
12/26/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Vayris
i think its common sense to not compare restoration or enhancement to elemental...

if you have multiple specs that fulfill the same role, dont expect all those multiples to be viable.

Thats common sense.

pretty absurd common sense if you ask me....
its based on like.....nothing...?

my common sense says that if your gonna go through the trouble of having a spec to begin with, it should be at LEAST viable.
sure there are a lot of specs in the game and balacing them isnt gonna be that easy, but seriously, if nobodys gonna even use it, dont bother making it.
regardless of what a spec does, if its gonna be there,, playing it should be reasonable for something.
hunters got 3 DPS specs too....theyre all at least viable. To say this should always be the case for all DPS only classes would be going to far, but 1/3 is pretty bad. 2/3 isnt THAT much to ask for.
12/26/2014 08:26 PMPosted by Lillin
r, but 1/3 is pretty bad. 2/3 isnt THAT much to ask for.

what about 0/3?
12/26/2014 08:32 PMPosted by Vayris
12/26/2014 08:26 PMPosted by Lillin
r, but 1/3 is pretty bad. 2/3 isnt THAT much to ask for.

what about 0/3?

lol

indeed worse.
To the OP, you cant even get past 1400 rating, You defiantly need to L2P

So based on this you think that Shaman should have EVEN MORE representation, when they are already WAY beyond mage.

I hate the disgusting greed that most people who play hybrid classes display in this way.

I really don't think hybrids are as strong as people make them out to be.
The problem with sustain in this game is the pure dps/tanky classes that have constant self heals that do not require casts.
Hunters constant % heal is so horrendously strong, coupled with the heal they get from killshot.
When spriests, eleshams, rets are all casting to self healing, they aren't doing dps, or moving and can be trained a lot easier and you can re-position accordingly.
Dks, hunters, ferals ( i guess you can classify that as a hybrid), even rogues now can just sustain whilst doing damage, and that's kind of where the problem lies.
Mages in the same way should not have a heal through iceblock, remove that !@#$ and give evocate back.
It would be nice if mana users actually used their mana also, then offheals like rets etc would be punished more for spam healing up instead of their main damaging abilites using literally no mana, same goes for every mana user. Whats the point of having a resource if you don't even use it...
12/26/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Vayris

Thats common sense.

then why not just delete those unviable specs? ez

or you could just buff them so they're viable. explain what's your problem with that.
Classically atleast one spec was viable for something, whether it be pvp or for pve.
Fire was never truly pvp viable till relatively recently (ignoring wod cos its garbo now) however used to be great for pve, same with arcane.

As long as each spec is viable for something whether it be pvp or pve then it should be fine.
Mages wreck hunters and feral druids
12/26/2014 09:27 PMPosted by Opopopopo
then why not just delete those unviable specs? ez

or you could just buff them so they're viable. explain what's your problem with that.

because pvp isnt the entire game? ele sucks in pvp, but is pretty good in pve. should we delete it from both?
12/26/2014 09:04 PMPosted by Unrêal

So based on this you think that Shaman should have EVEN MORE representation, when they are already WAY beyond mage.

I really don't think hybrids are as strong as people make them out to be.
The problem with sustain in this game is the pure dps/tanky classes that have constant self heals that do not require casts.
Hunters constant % heal is so horrendously strong, coupled with the heal they get from killshot.
When spriests, eleshams, rets are all casting to self healing, they aren't doing dps, or moving and can be trained a lot easier and you can re-position accordingly.
Dks, hunters, ferals ( i guess you can classify that as a hybrid), even rogues now can just sustain whilst doing damage, and that's kind of where the problem lies.
Mages in the same way should not have a heal through iceblock, remove that !@#$ and give evocate back.
It would be nice if mana users actually used their mana also, then offheals like rets etc would be punished more for spam healing up instead of their main damaging abilites using literally no mana, same goes for every mana user. Whats the point of having a resource if you don't even use it...

I completely agree here. Evo was a great talent/spell which enabled us to have a self heal fairly quickly w/out needing to reset the fight. Now w/ the new Iceblock glyph being the only heal we have Oh, I forgot spellsteal glyph :(...sucks. Means just about every melee can force us to block..sit for 10 seconds while they regain full HP/ CD's/ and train our team mate if still up. I don't feel Mages are horribly unbalanced atm, just extremely difficult now. With little to no survivability this x-pac. Take going against a Ret, hell, even a Holy pally. We have to use all cd's just to force bubble...now while they bubble, the damn hammer keeps coming..denounce has us w/ no crits entire match..ret/holy full hp in 4 seconds..meanwhile..we have to block for 10 seconds..I remember when I could take just about any melee down via kiting and when needed..evo for more hp. I feel if Mages were given a solid self heal..EVOCATION back, and a little more defensive Kiting abilities back..( I mean come on..we cant hardly freeze anyone anymore due to all the ways just about every class can break thru) Deep breaks on damage...RoF..same thing..Poly..hey great, we can stop the DK or War....but wait...they sit it for full hp gains!! while we scamper to get dots off of us or running from Arena 2 enemy, try and use first aid and hopefully eat for one 7k tick... Mages need a small rework imo...but I ramble....Too many things could use work. Sadly, as it was stated during a Dev Q&A.." Mages will move forward, unless they don't" I'll be running my Mage this xpac too. Hate questing and lvling w/ a passion. So, I will either Move up the ladder, or I won't...Just forces me to try and be more cunning than my enemy...lol...Cheers to Vape pens making the grind more bearable.