Surviving double dps as a resto shaman

Arenas
I know I can't be the only one that's having difficulties here....Melee especially are a pain in the butt to deal with. Frost shock, earthbind, cap totem, healing totem and rain, ghost wolf kiting etc I've been utilizing everything to my advantage but still I just drop right off the bat unless I have a partner that can peel exceptionally well. Don't even get me started with ferals and their immunity to everything lol. As it stands I am winning roughly 30% of the time in skirmishes. Fellow r shammies, how do you deal with being trained?
99.9% up to your teammates.
Try to play with a Ret it will help a ton.
01/09/2015 08:36 PMPosted by Stormspellz

eh its more like 40%.

You have to be able to survive w/o peels or you're not gonna get far.

Not much your team can do when theyre either cc'd or the other team is on DR
01/09/2015 08:42 PMPosted by Absterge
eh its more like 40%.

Not even 2800 yet?

Scrub
01/09/2015 08:42 PMPosted by Absterge
01/09/2015 08:36 PMPosted by Stormspellz

eh its more like 40%.

well obviously I was being sarcastic but outside of cycling through cds properly its up to your team mates to give you windows for hard casts.
01/09/2015 08:52 PMPosted by Stormspellz
well obviously I was being sarcastic but outside of cycling through cds properly its up to your team mates to give you windows for hard casts.

Yeah, thats where juking comes into play, but its tough when you have people that like to hold kicks... which is where peeling comes into play, as you mentioned.
01/09/2015 08:33 PMPosted by Feralanimist
Fellow r shammies, how do you deal with being trained?

Erm.... Any advice?
01/09/2015 09:20 PMPosted by Feralanimist
Erm.... Any advice?

Anything specific? Not much I can say besides work on juking, manage cd's, and try to cast as much as possible (within reason).
01/09/2015 09:20 PMPosted by Feralanimist
01/09/2015 08:33 PMPosted by Feralanimist
Fellow r shammies, how do you deal with being trained?

Erm.... Any advice?

well as mentioned proper cycling of cds. When you are kiting there is 3 positional things you want to do.

1 avoid damage
2 be in position to support team and them for you.
3 make the other team commit to bad positioning

three is the tricky one, some times its better to use an extra cd and take to face if mentioned tunnelers are los of their healer and your dps are in a position to capitalize on it.

and your team's calling out aoe peels like shadowfury or shockwave where you can certainly get casts off.
Ty Stormspellz. I try to los the healer by kiting the melee behind a pillar. 2's against a healer is only ever an issue if i am up against a feral otherwise I am fairly confident. I think a lot of the problems derive from lack of communication due to my skirmishes being with random people... I'll try a few over Skype and see if I find any success.
Ya fake casting is definitley something i need to work on ty
I'm finding now that melee aren't as big of a problem if I have a descent frost mage or warrior on my side for peels. Now I am having major problems against affliction lock and disc priest. The lock is the ultimate destroyer of death...Disc is well...Disc. Predropping tremor is not easy lol
01/09/2015 08:39 PMPosted by Kitteykat
Try to play with a Ret it will help a ton.

Ret is a very good healer buddy for offheals/bops, Boomie/Mage are also very good because of plentiful roots+hard cc to peel, and as far as melee peels a rogue is about as good as it gets.
But really what you want is a warlock. AOE stun/fear to peel, spam fear to peel, and a gateway for you that is pretty much a extra life every time you use it (since you can get yourself up so fast). And vs teams that for whatever reason you think will NOT train you (spellcleaves traditionally), the lock can take imp and cleanse cc off you.

But any team members can peel (some worse than others though). As a shaman you really want dps that can peel - and peels are harder to come by in WOD b/c less cc, less stuns, more freedoms, more trinkets.

Hence the current meta of godcomp and MLS training healers. Not just shamans either.
Earthbind, capacitor and circle a pillar endlessly... that's what I see from the toughest to kill resto sham.

But it is very much the case that this is melee's season - they are steadily getting better at completely training heals to death. With weapons and now the standard strategies, its gonna be a struggle for heals against 2 melee teams.

And peels are pretty tough, I haven't seen many who can *really* peel a rogue with CDs or a warrior. Rets? I think they are overrated and can be easily CC'd out and peeled, although everyone else doesn't seem to think so... the trick there is to only CC them in their burst...
01/10/2015 06:46 AMPosted by Crucifixi
And peels are pretty tough, I haven't seen many who can *really* peel a rogue with CDs or a warrior. Rets? I think they are overrated and can be easily CC'd out and peeled, although everyone else doesn't seem to think so... the trick there is to only CC them in their burst...

Eh no.

Ferals and Rets are the hardest to peel, period. Freedom+sprint and druid shifting beats roots and snare - you have to stun or hard cc.

Rogue is next because of stealth/vanish mechanic in general and because BOS allows gap closer at cost of damage at any point. Can be rooted as well as stun/hard cc.

All the rest of the melees can be rooted as per Rogue but lack mobility/snare clearance so you can kite them. Once a melee cannot clear snare, its pretty much up to the target at that point. The dog will chase the ball.
80% relying on good teammates

20% knowing how to properly juke and cycle your cooldowns when your teammates can't help you

if you can't use earthbind/frostshock and capacitor to get off casts you're going to get slayed horribly

rshams, because of our mastery, only really need to actually get off one or two heals to stabilize between earthshield/riptide/stream but if you can't get off said one or two heals you're going to flop

every time you get off those 2 surges it basically saves you from using link/ns/etc which in turn lets your partners do other things than peel since you get to livelord longer
Heal better or play with better DPS.
I feel lIke juking isn't much of a thing anymore

even if you juke 2 melee kicks you'll just get stunned (30 sec cd stuns are dumb for any spec) or any of the pseudo kicks classes have; 5 yard grips are the worst thing ever.

do what everyone else did, reroll resto druid