Where is there no lock QQ?

Arenas
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Destro isn't as bad as everyone here is saying. There's a lock queuing it above 2500 MMR.

He's using the livelord spec that can never die. He does like actually zero damage outside of chaos bolts, but he's also near unkillable.

They just keep setting up 3v1's and 100-0'ing people inside CC.

He's sort of a trap though, I'm guessing the games we lost were largely in part because we tried to kill him instead of his healer or the other DPS. But still, if you're above 2500 MMR as something, it doesn't suck.

edit: The thing is, if you're a class with multiple DPS specs, most people are just going to play whatever is best. Destro isn't awful, but it isn't as good as affliction, so most of the best locks will just play affliction. Likewise, fire mage isn't terrible, but why play fire when frost is better? Same with MM hunter, it's not bad at all, but it's certainly not as good in PvP as SV or BM.
01/10/2015 02:33 PMPosted by Kisaki
Unavoidable AOE DOT damage is worse than unpeelable melee cleaves, and less fun to fight.

no its not.. you can dispel the dots. you cant dispel the unpeelable plate dps
01/10/2015 09:43 PMPosted by Wutangrza
fire mage isn't terrible

uh yes it is and frost mage is almost as bad
I love all the lock QQ lol
I especially love the part where ppl are still complaining about fear..
Locks are very good right now and more or less have been for the better part of every arena season. Mostly because they synergize so well with other classes.. ATM warlocks are every melees favorite punching bag (after shammy lol) and rightfully so since letting them freecast would just be stupid.. But most of the ppl complaining are the ones too dumb to switch targets to land a kill. Also.. Have a healer dispel UA.. It doesn't do anything right now. The silence is good but the DMG is pathetic. Lock dots without DS popped and with out ss/haunt + drain soul is nothing.. Anyone that says their whole team is rotting just has a bad healer lol.
Not really meaning to defend my class.. But locks really aren't AS good as everyone here is saying. Played at skill cap very very strong. Played by average 1500 player.. Terrible.
Locks are basically the only caster on par with the melee ra,pe train (sorry to the WW's <3) that's been so dominant this season. We just happen to be scaling better with gear.

Edit.. Why can you not say ra,pe on the forums...?

Edit2.. Get rid of imp dispel its not needed..
Dampening is coming!
01/11/2015 07:21 AMPosted by Gosu
Dampening is coming!

Indeed it is haha
Just so you guys know out of the first 7 pages of the 3v3 bracket there are only 20 warlocks. Some of those warlocks are alts also so lets say 15 warlocks total on the first 7 pages. Yet warlocks are way to strong...
01/11/2015 07:28 AMPosted by Ntxs
Just so you guys know out of the first 7 pages of the 3v3 bracket there are only 20 warlocks. Some of those warlocks are alts also so lets say 15 warlocks total on the first 7 pages. Yet warlocks are way to strong...

Warlocks are the second most represented dps spec in high ratings, only slightly beat out by survival hunters.

It's mostly warlock comps and hunter comps being played

Both pretty aids tbh
01/11/2015 12:03 AMPosted by Zache
01/10/2015 09:43 PMPosted by Wutangrza
fire mage isn't terrible

uh yes it is and frost mage is almost as bad

RMD and God Comp are arguably the two best comps in the game right now when played near the skill cap.

Lock representation is doing just fine at 2200+, 2400+, 2600+, but the only reason they aren't crushing a lot of other specs in rep is because of how strong and prevalent resto druids are. Rdruids represent a sort of soft counter to afflic lock damage.
01/11/2015 07:41 AMPosted by Terminator

Warlocks are the second most represented dps spec in high ratings, only slightly beat out by survival hunters.

Still only 20 in the top 7 pages.So your point is in valid.Warlock dmg is high because everything is dotted. Warlock teams are strong because they go well with every class. But warlock dmg isnt the problem. Its the warrior or dk or hunter that is hitting for 30k+ on top of all the dots that make warlock teams so strong.
01/11/2015 07:45 AMPosted by Ntxs
01/11/2015 07:41 AMPosted by Terminator

Still only 20 in the top 7 pages.So your point is in valid.Warlock dmg is high because everything is dotted. Warlock teams are strong because they go well with every class. But warlock dmg isnt the problem. Its the warrior or dk or hunter that is hitting for 30k+ on top of all the dots that make warlock teams so strong.

So I guess only rank 1 counts then? We should just ignore that warlocks are so represented because it fits your narrative? Gladiator isn't good enough anymore?
01/11/2015 07:45 AMPosted by Wutangrza
RMD and God Comp are arguably the two best comps in the game right now when played near the skill cap.

RMDGODCOMPRMDGODCOMPRMDGODCOMPRMDGODCOMPRMDGODCOMPRMDGODCOMP

I can't help but feel you dislike RMDGODCOMP Wutan
Can we at least end double lock CS and pet CS through pillars?
Also being able to CS while pet is in CC?(is this still a thing I actually dunno)
...and the imp dispell thing doesnt actually bother me but it should be looked at

Oh, if we could also have them not be the supreme overlords of dampening games that'd be just great
01/11/2015 07:51 AMPosted by Veidaz
Also being able to CS while pet is in CC?(is this still a thing I actually dunno)
...and the imp dispell thing doesnt actually bother me but it should be looked at

Oh, if we could also have them not be the supreme overlords of dampening games that'd be just great

Double cs should be looked at and they should revert the pet silence to how it was in mop (pet Los) instead of how it is now(player Los) but other than that.. Most QQ about warlocks is just put out there by bad players after getting destroyed by players that played 1000 rating above them last season and are on the first rating grind of the season.
Mitigating lock DMG is beyond easy ATM. A lot of it depends on your heals dispels though
01/11/2015 07:51 AMPosted by Veidaz

The pets position doesnt matter. If the warlock is in LoS of you than you can be counterspelled even if his pet is behind a pillar or below you or w/e.
Warlocks will not get needed. Don't even hope for it. We're dead last dog shot in every spec in pve so nothing will happen but buffs. The only thing that might get nerfed are pve trinkets in pvp
Warlock silence is a little weird right now. I'm using a /cast Optical Blast macro and it requires my pet's LoS and not mine.