Disc in pvp......

General Discussion
Is stupidly OP. There's no reason why one should be able to heal through everything that THIS toon can put out. Doesn't matter if i kick every heal possible and blow all my cds. Can't kill one that's mildly pvp geared.

On this character i can sometimes pull top damage. I feel like I have a chance at killing most things. It might not even be only disc. Some resto druids can just stand there and lawl at you while you bang on them. Can we get some type of fix?
I play the same class you do, and I don't have a problem taking them out. If you kick their spells and keep them stunned correctly, they are incredibly easy to take out. Your partner(s) you play with also make an impact. The more silences/pummels/dispells you can get, the better.
It just takes practice, brother.
12/23/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Hat
Is stupidly OP. There's no reason why one should be able to heal through everything that THIS toon can put out. Doesn't matter if i kick every heal possible and blow all my cds. Can't kill one that's mildly pvp geared.

On this character i can sometimes pull top damage. I feel like I have a chance at killing most things. It might not even be only disc. Some resto druids can just stand there and lawl at you while you bang on them. Can we get some type of fix?

Yeah man. Blizzard nerfed my silence to 2 seconds and the only CC i have is on a 45 second c/d.

lel
I had noticed that Discipline Priests seem to be the roughest to take out on my PvP characters these days. I just figured they were the healer FOTM?
12/23/2014 07:39 PMPosted by Skunk
I'm going to have to agree with Hat on this one. But i'm going to have to say that healing in general needs a nerf. When I pop all CDs and it takes a priest health down to 20% just for him to use one spell and get back to 95%, its a little infuriating.

Because that heal that gets him back up to 95% (Over exaggeration) totally can't be interrupted, you can't stun them either, or silence them.

Ok.
They do seem to pretty hard for my Unholy dk to take out. But that is expected as my Unholy doesn't really have the burst to out dps their heals. I honestly don't want to see a nerf to priests tho, i think there has been more than enough of that this expac already.
12/23/2014 05:41 PMPosted by Death
I play the same class you do, and I don't have a problem taking them out. If you kick their spells and keep them stunned correctly, they are incredibly easy to take out. Your partner(s) you play with also make an impact. The more silences/pummels/dispells you can get, the better.

''im level 94, i play the same class as u do and u just need to l2p''
Its funny because Disc dies really fast if theyre locked out, which isnt hard to do.

All the high rated streamers say that disc isnt that good in pvp, and that Rdruids are a lot better....theyve been saying disc is around as good as shaman and MW monks.

Well how the hell are they supposed to do that, when they're too busy DPSing the tank? :p
You shouldn't 1v1 a good disc priest. In group play, all you need is a rogue or warrior stuck to him and an offensive dispeller to nullify any advantage he brings to his group. He won't be able to cast heals, and his instant cast bubbles take exactly one player's GCD to get rid of.
There's definitely a case to be made that a healer in pvp shouldnt be able to be taken down very easily by a dps' er 1v1, which im ok with. What bothers me, and I notice it far more with disc priests and resto druids, is when you have 3 or more people beating on them and it takes a great deal of time to take them down. I dont care who you are, if youve got 3+ people focusing on you and blowing cooldowns, you should last all of about 10 seconds max, gear levels being relatively equal. At the moment, it seems like it takes quite a bit more time than that, and this should probably be addressed. It's still pretty early into the xpac and things will probably be tuned a bit down the line, but healing in pvp is extremely strong at the moment and healers survivability tends to get out of hand, even without people peeling dps' ers off them.

Edit : that 10 seconds I mentioned it more of an obligatory statement, rather than whan what I feel should be an accurate account of time. I just think healer's survivability should be toned down a bit, nothing drastic, just small adjustments.
12/23/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Prætorian
What bothers me, and I notice it far more with disc priests and resto druids, is when you have 3 or more people beating on them and it takes a great deal of time to take them down.

What you are noticing are bads in there wild state trying to feast on said healers.
12/23/2014 07:53 PMPosted by Holycowcow

''im level 94, i play the same class as u do and u just need to l2p''

Actually I'm level 100. And I was simply giving help to the OP. Make sure to check the armory and actually read what I said before putting your two cents in, please.
nice 1550 achvs brah
Some class/specs just aren't very good at taking down other class/specs.
Healing is harder than ever in both PvP and PvE. Disc is good, but not OP.
Logically, all things like skill and gear being equal, one DPS vs one heal should result in a stalemate. One's job is to output damage, and the other is to negate damage done.