Tweaks/Suggestions/Feedback on new models #7!

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25
Yes, the old models had only 1 pretty female troll face, but it was very different from the new one, which has a strongly arched nose. The older model had only a slight arch on the nose, which was smooth and similar to art of human noses. The newer model has a more exaggerated curve on the nose.

true old noses: http://missmediocre.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/goodtrollhair.jpg

here's another: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/136/a/b/troll_hairstyles___1_by_cakefortwo-d3gjcm2.png

and another: https://wyrmrestfashionista.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/screenshot_290.jpg
The new model seems to have some textural lines on it that exaggerate the curvature, and it looks more pointed than the old ones, partially because of the extra lines on it and maybe some abrupt narrowing towards the tip:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4wXC9AUAxK8NnE0ZGlnT1JocFU/view?usp=sharing

The inner cheek also protrudes more strongly as a curve alongside the base of the nose, which probably also makes the difference stand out more to me.
The "ugly" troll female faces had broad noses:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2014/october/TrollFemaleFaces.jpg

I don't believe anyone really misses the "ugly" troll female faces (the ones except the one on the far right--the one on the far right was the only "pretty" female troll old model).

I do like that the new "pretty" face doesn't have the mouth gape anymore. Its more determined brow is also welcome. The nose and its more exaggerated curved appearance and apparently more narrowed tip is the only off-putting thing to me.
06/26/2015 05:38 PMPosted by Bellflower
I still have new models off.

Ditto. I check them out after every patch/hotfix/etc, but our mouths still have camel/woodchuck/sheep/dog/cleft lips.

Fix our dang mouths, Blizz:

:] not :3
07/10/2015 07:09 PMPosted by Quercus
Ditto. I check them out after every patch/hotfix/etc, but our mouths still have camel/woodchuck/sheep/dog/cleft lips.

True--I had forgotten. Whenever I see a female tauren face now I think about happy cows.
I just can't believe they haven't even looked at Female Tauren yet. Are they happy with it? Seriously? That is sad.
*laughs* well, I didn't expect such a response but thank you! I do love attention to detail. You're right in your assumption on troll females, I only have one, and I created her back when it was the original troll faces, with the one pretty face (like everyone else ^^;; ) and I mostly play on my tauren and I haven't studied my troll in ages. I do need to, especially with these changes, she was actually one I was terrified to look at.

IN any case, you do bring up good points and example pictures. I will keep this in note and ask any others if they have similar complaints, I can only really add to the list if there's a good number of people complaining about the same thing (3-4 or 4-5 people.).

Personally, I kind of just wish now they'd take the faces that are new and leave them be, and then just add new ones with faces they've made tweaks to. It would definitely help fill up the tauren roster, and I doubt anyone would be against extra faces.

(though I still pray one day for sliders. SLIDERS ;_; )

Anyways, it's looking like this list is wrapping to an end, we'll cap on the next page. Hopefully by then, word will have traveled to Snuzz and I can see what she has done with the list and what Setsu did and I can revise for the next thread.
07/10/2015 07:18 PMPosted by Makki
Personally, I kind of just wish now they'd take the faces that are new and leave them be, and then just add new ones with faces they've made tweaks to. It would definitely help fill up the tauren roster, and I doubt anyone would be against extra faces.

Thanks very much, and I agree. More variety never hurt anyone.
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but blood elf females no longer have that unsightly ring at the bottom of their skirts. However, their skirts still aren't draping properly and constantly go right through their feet when moving, or even standing still for a while.
07/10/2015 07:53 PMPosted by Cassima
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but blood elf females no longer have that unsightly ring at the bottom of their skirts. However, their skirts still aren't draping properly and constantly go right through their feet when moving, or even standing still for a while.

Yay, the ring is gone! Alright, good. As for the draping, we've always had a darn problem with that, I dunno if they're planning to fix that yet, it seems to happen on a couple of other models as well. I suspect it's connected to the dress' animations.
Anyone poked around the PTR yet?
It's great to see you back, Makki. I've been upvoting your threads since the WoD beta, which was when I first logged into my night elf warrior and was dismayed to see he had mismatched beard and hair colors. But I wasn't worried, because beta is beta, right? Not for a moment did I think that simple glitch would go live. Why, I saw NPCs in the beta who shared my character's hair/beard combo and but did not suffer the mismatch!

A year later, and this still hasn't been fixed:
http://imgur.com/jabhBuU

Our characters still have those freaky, severed Rayman feet when wearing robes. Eye glows still clip horribly when viewed from most angles. That one troll hairdo is still inexplicably sticking out the back, frozen in stasis. Some of our character animations are really nice, and many others are still flippin' NUTS!

This is altogether inappropriate for a AAA release backed by Blizzard's long-standing reputation for quality. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've lost hope. The longer these glaring issues remain unaddressed, the less likely it seems that they will ever be fixed.

I would like to extend thanks to Makki, Snuzzle, Setsu, and everyone else who has helped to keep this issue alive. I am certain that the portion of players who care is greater than it seems, of late; it's just that there's not much left to say, is there? We've documented the problems, and we patiently await fixes.

Hey, maybe they have some pleasant surprises for us, to be released with those warlock minion updates we're hearing about, huh?
Welcome back Makki! I got a nudge from the lovely Ramz on MMO-C that you'd returned and I'm happy to see this thread is still swimming. There are still a lot of unaddressed issues that I am very hopeful will be solved in Legion with the DH textures for the night elf male and female particularly. I can see that the DH skin for nelf female has a much improved abs/navel texture, and can only hope it carries over to the non-DH characters as well.

That said! Ramz has been doing some really excellent, dedicated work on the troll male and female that I think deserves some recognition: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1762537-Troll-models-in-6-2

I believe Setsu linked it earlier, but I must chip in that it's a really excellent thread. There's also a lot of cross-over, and it's sort of become a "catch all" thread for assorted other model issues.

I only wish we had people half as passionate for each racial model. No one has such in depth info about orcs or dwarves, for example, but we know that they have their issues. There's still the ones for nelf female and drae female that pop up occasionally, though.

Anyway, glad to see you back, and keep up the good work. If you need anything from me, holler.

07/17/2015 09:42 AMPosted by Setsù
Anyone poked around the PTR yet?

The first thing I do when a new PTR build is released is load up my night elf, take her up a few hundred feet, and see if they've put in a falling animation yet. So far, I've been disappointed every time.
Does anyone remember the person who posted several really in depth images of the differences in body shape between the new female troll and the old? I'm searching and searching for them and can't find them. I think this was around the time of WOD beta.
A change I'd like to see made would be to allow us to check the "Use old models" box differently for each character. My human still looks (and sounds) really dopey because of the over-animation, but the newer Draenei models are a slight improvement.

Yes, I know I'm being lazy by not switching manually each time I hop, but, well, I'm lazy.

(and no, Snuzzle, I don't)
I just don't understand why Blizz actually spent time and money making NE and Human females look even more ugly than before? I must have missed the day they consulted players to ask for votes on the issue....

My human fems look like they have Down Syndrome (I'm sorry - that's the only way I can describe their 'new' facial features) and run like they're on hot coals with a broom handle up their...um.....y'know.....while my NE fems aren't far behind with their huge honkers and hideously masculine jawline.

What on earth were they thinking?

Meanwhile, although my blood elf fems aren't as attractive as they were before this mess, they certainly don't look as horrendous as the Human and NE fems - at least they still look feminine.
Since Legion seems like a good opportunity to right the wrongs of the past, I want to see Tauren finally receive the same baseline level of customization as every other playable race.

• every other playable race-gender combo has at least five (5) or more options per customization category

• female Tauren have only four (4) face choices, the fewest face options of any race-gender combination
  • male Tauren have only five (5) face choices, the second lowest of any race-gender combo
  • the other anthropomorphoid-animal playable races (i.e., Worgen and Pandaren) have ELEVEN (11) or more face choices for each race-gender combo; literally more than double the face choices Tauren have
  • female Tauren only have five (5) hairstyles, one of which is no hair (only base mane)
  • both genders have only three (3) choices for the horn color category, which is the fewest options for any customization category out of all of the race-gender combos

• I want to see one more face option for female Tauren so we at least have the same number of face choices as male Tauren (5), AND I want it to have a non-cleft-lipped mouth.
    :] not :3

It is high time, Blizzard, this is well overdue.