LoL syndrome

General Discussion
Why do you still have trade chat? /ignore that channel, it's full of nothing but morons and spam. Though it does have entertainment value from time to time.
trade chat is not the help desk. there are a number of sites like WoWhead that can answer any question someone has.

that being said if I see someone asking what feels to me to be a legit question I will give a legit answer. most of the time questions aske din trade have the feel of troll bait and must be responded to in kind. like the level 80 horde asking how to set his hearth to SW.

if you cant get to a site like WoWhead then questions are best asked in guild. if you guild is dead or wont help you get a better guild.
yadda yadda thicker skin yadda cry somewhere else blah blah morals and such
It's not the same crap that's always been on trade. I think a lot of 13 year olds got WoW on christmas.
Flaming people for no reason at all, raging all the time, "im trolling lol rekt" etc etc

Encountered a lot of these people when I was playing my alts on different servers. But fortunately I see very few of these people on my main server.

Also, swearing isn't a problem you should overreact to. I mean if it's not used to personally offend you. Trade chat isn't kindergarten. If you don't like profanity turn the language filter on. And if some of you get offended so easily, how do you even interact with people IRL?
01/08/2015 09:01 AMPosted by Ralivia
how do you even interact with people IRL?

horribly i assume. or they're one of those goodie goodie people who i personally don't really like that much
More like people syndrome.
Only 5 times suspended? that's not bad xD
01/08/2015 07:21 AMPosted by Everblooming
I am a repeat offender of swearing and using derogatory terms and have been suspended 5 times over the period of 7 years, with multiple warnings, these have been spaced out. I feel like the rudimentary slap on the wrist isn't cutting it anymore. I feel like if you're a multiple repeat offender, especially if you're reported for such things on a daily basis for a decent period of time that you should receive a permanent ban for being a negative impact on the community.

So....you're complaining that you haven't been permabanned?
Don't feed the trolls, which is the majority of the people posting on this page of this topic.
This is not new. This has been the case since I started playing this game when I remember trying to go to an RP server and asking where/people RP and everyone laughing that nobody but nerds RP (on the RP server)
It's the internet. Asshats will be asshats.
I'm waiting for the day someone walks up to me IRL and talks to me the way they do to people online.
"Have a little discussion."
There will be trolls and miscreants on the internet. Either you go for the aforementioned website help like Wowhead or distinguish those that are helping and trolling in the Trade Chat. And the syndrome applies to any game with a competitive scheme, not just League.

01/08/2015 09:23 AMPosted by Surjin
I am a repeat offender of swearing and using derogatory terms and have been suspended 5 times over the period of 7 years, with multiple warnings, these have been spaced out. I feel like the rudimentary slap on the wrist isn't cutting it anymore. I feel like if you're a multiple repeat offender, especially if you're reported for such things on a daily basis for a decent period of time that you should receive a permanent ban for being a negative impact on the community.

Only in rare instances will that happen. Just because it has not happened to you, does not mean that it should be put into law.

"It is only game. Why you heff to be mad?" -Ilya Bryzgalov
My standard greeting in pugs is something to the extent of "heye peeps!". Normally get no response or maybe one other person will say hey...

I had a guy the other day say "why the @8&$ you say the same thing every dungeon nub?"

Apparently he was in a previous group where I greated.

My point is that it's sad when it has come ro such an extreme that folks are taking offense merely with a simple greetings.
Its really not at the fault of the person saying it. It's on the person who they say it too for taking what is said in a video game seriously. If you think the community is bad, it will seem bad to you. I personally love the LoL community for them actually showing passion and the willing-ness to create strategies rather than just cookie cutting.
I've actually seen this happening since long before League of Legends even existed. It was especially noticable to me in BC. Now that I'm back(quit in early Cata) people actually seem more helpful. There are still jerks which is completely common on the internet but WoW feels a little more tame. The only problem I have are !@#$%^- in LFD that want to steamroll through old content to level faster.

League of Legends' community doesn't really deserve the bad rap it has. *!@#$%^s are everywhere and LoL just gets called out because it's the biggest game around right now.
01/08/2015 08:33 AMPosted by Florence
Why is it that the community in Guild Wars 2 is so much nicer than this one with respect to helping people out via in-game chat?

The smaller the game's population the nicer people are. Same thing with low population servers vs full ones. Go to a small town now go to a large city. See the difference in how people treat each other.

01/08/2015 10:02 AMPosted by Poprocks
I had a guy the other day say "why the @8&$ you say the same thing every dungeon nub?"

People always pay more attention to negative. There were also dudes that were friendly but you just forget them. Say you have a twitter and have 97 people say nice things about you, but 3 are douchebags. Those 3 comments will have you thinkin about them, while the other friendly and enjoyable comments get put on teh backburner.

People rarely remember that person from the opposite faction that slowed or cc'ed a monster to help them out or just started to dance with them. But they sure as hell have a long memory for that guy that killed them 5 times in a row while they were just picking flowers.

You'll forget the random dude that helped you push your car, but remember that crazy bastard that randomly spit in your face.
Back in vanilla trade was always just a more global general chat and people were exactly the same as now.
People are always looking to square up even if the person they are attacking is a total stranger it comes from constantly running into filth daily eventually leading to the person becoming what he dislikes and lashing out randomly. There are no repercussions in a video game for your actions as there are in the real world and so everyone feels they are above any form of reprisal, which they are. Best to just get over it and use the ignore feature built into your brain.