My personal claws of Shirvallah opinion

Druid
Yes, I know there is already a ton of feedback on it, but this is my 2 cents. Anyway, I think that it is pretty awesome except for some stuff mentioned by others.
1. Standing up. I mean, what's the point if all you do is crouch down? If that is what they were going to do, they should have just given the ability to the cat itself.
2. Optional forms. Especially with rp, wouldn't it be nice to have the option of switching into the claw form? It could simply be a second stage of cat form or a whole new shapeshift form all together. As of yet I have not levels a druid up to 100 but that is my current task. I have researched the heck out of it though.
Rp functionality: this could be portrayed as the discription says, as someone who did it for kicks, for someone who shifted in and out of cat form so much that they became one. Again, the functionality is kind of hindered by the constant crouching and lack of being able to switch between regular and claw cat form.
I never understood the hate towards the crouching. Well, I guess the weird transition from neck to head making it look like there are no bones inside looks kinda messed up, but the whole stance seems fitting to me. I mean, you are a feral druid, and this form was developed by renegade druids to my knowledge. Seems fitting to be a creature that can tear you limb from limb and looks like it has an uncontrollable urge to rip things apart when approaching it's prey.

Likewise for the RP value. I don't look at this form and see it separate from Cat, I see it as an extention that while under this teaching, you cannot revert (but of course for gameplay reasons we can change talents).

All in all, the only thing I would change is the head position in relation to the neck/body so it doesn't looks as unnatural. Other than that, I like it how it is.
I just wish I could just do it in normal cat form. Draw some little doodles on my side, toss on some different armor, don't care what, I just don't like the model. That's my .02 on it. I'd like the utility of the form, but definitely not the look.
So what was really the point of this? A new druid ability, "race" and talent all in one. I really just wish they would take a little time to change some of the stuff about it and make it a little more enjoyable.
I don't like that my Follower Lerojgh (or whatever his name is) was giving more design time than Claws had.
I don't like that it's so far behind BT (for most fights) or LI (for cleave fights) that it's not really an option on the PVE spectrum.

About all it affords Feral was a few weeks of shiftless curse dispelling in Molten Snore, and a little easier time dispelling enrages on trash.

Then again, it's pretty OP for PVP, not disputing that, but it is pretty useless for PVE.
The issue with Claws is it is not viable due to the size of the DPS loss. Everything else is secondary.
Another good thing to add would be female forms. A girl turning into a guy is worse then the worgen having the ability in the first place. The other thing would be to make it a 90 talent so that you have some time to enjoy it, or if toy don't have WoD.
01/18/2015 07:37 PMPosted by Kordavvis
Another good thing to add would be female forms. A girl turning into a guy is worse then the worgen having the ability in the first place. The other thing would be to make it a 90 talent so that you have some time to enjoy it, or if toy don't have WoD.

Druid magic doesn't care what's between your legs. A cat is a cat.
01/18/2015 07:56 PMPosted by Krayik
01/18/2015 07:37 PMPosted by Kordavvis

Druid magic doesn't care what's between your legs. A cat is a cat.
but a cat person is different. Don't you think the druid would care? Either way, according to lore, when you shapeshift, you retain some of your humanoid features aka gender.