Icy Floes Flag Battleground FLAG CAP Exploit

Mage
Hello I´m here to spread an exploit that all mages can do to capture flags while moving.

Here are the steps that a website posted how to do that :

1) use icy floes
2) right-click the PvP object you want to start capturing (for the sake of simplicity, say a flag in arathi basin)
3) move around freely while capturing the flag
4) return to the flag before the capture ends (important - otherwise it will just tell you you're out of range and the capture will fail).
5) ???
6) profit (capture complete)

It´s very frustrating to lose WON RBGs because 1 guy and more 9 losers accept to exploit to win.

It was done by a mage @ Arthas last night in a RBG that his team was losing 1300 / 600 and then he used it to cap 4 flags in a arathi basin.

Here the source of this exploit:

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-exploits/503743-mage-capture-arathi-basin-gilneas-eots-flags-more-while-moving.html

Thanks
Yep. I've been doing this since WOD dropped. Thanks for bringing attention to this, now they're going to fix it and no more fun for me.

D:
Why you didn´t alert it before ?? Why get quiet when you know that its not fair ?
please delete your post, working as intended!
Another very nice attitude !!! Seriously you guys shouldn´t use it !
You shouldn't enjoy playing a Ret Paladin but you don't see us complaining.

(Well, maybe a little.)
Do you know how hard is to win a fair match between 1800 - 2000 rating atm if you dont have a full guild pvp raid group ? Just to win 10 /13 points

Do you know that you lose around 200 points when you lose for a low rating team that exploits ? To recover it i must to WIN about 18 fair games to recover these points.

does it sound fair bro ?
Wait, mages can do something useful in PvP?

Nerf it immediately! Our purpose in PvP is to be a diversion for melee to kill while our melee captures the flag!

Our fotm overlords demand our nerfing, and we must comply! While they're at it, also make frostbolt heal the target, for our overlords are getting warm during battle, and must be cooled!
12/23/2014 05:43 AMPosted by Overrox
Why you didn´t alert it before ?? Why get quiet when you know that its not fair ?

LOL. Why would I do this? I'm going to take advantage of anything that gives mage any edge right now since Blizzard has abandoned us.

It's not technically an exploit until Blizzard claims that it isn't working as intended.
This is something for Bug Report forum if you think it's a bug. Considering Ice Floes currently can be used on -any- cast, I'm considering it working as intended. It's not like being able to move 5 yards is going to make or break a BG.
So, are you saying that we can cap the flag while moving around, avoiding interruptions?

If I got that right, I agree it's a bug that should be fixed.
I already posted it on Bur Report forum, they already forward it as you can see there.

And yes , if you are talking about a rbgs that this behavior doenst apply to all classes and it only works if you get a specific talent ? If you think it works as intended , presence of mind must give instant flag caps and it doesnt !!

Is that hard you guys assume that you are exploiting it ? even its being obvious ??
You can be interrupted still by any damaging attack.
If it still breaks on damage, I don't think this is an exploit at all. Icy floes lets you move while interacting with any object in the game (including using mounts). Just make sure to spin the flag like any decent RBG team should.
So for you is ok mages and hunters exploit their " Allow you cast while walking " talents to ranged cap flags ? since all other classes must sit at the flag and cap it immovable ?

It never happened before, blood lust , heroism or any other skill that decrease cast time worked on reducing cast time while capping flags.

It sound like a hypocrisy from your side saying that it works are intend.
12/23/2014 09:36 AMPosted by Overrox
So for you is ok mages and hunters exploit their " Allow you cast while walking " talents to ranged cap flags ? since all other classes must sit at the flag and cap it immovable ?

It never happened before, blood lust , heroism or any other skill that decrease cast time worked on reducing cast time while capping flags.

It sound like a hypocrisy from your side saying that it works are intend.

You already said that we have to move back in melee range to finish the cap, it's not really capping it from ranged. If I could start the cap and then be life gripped 60 yards away and still cap it, then yes I would consider it an issue.
Sorry, but you guys must have no clue about RBGs , your current ratings arent bigger then 400.
Hit the mage with a judgement...cap interrupted...
Its low level rbgs nobody cares.
Why someone should trinket a sheep or pursuit a mage that is far away from the flag and its not even trying to kill you? oh wait he just blinked at the flag and 1 second after he capped it !!