Statue on ebay for $3000 with $8000 buyout?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-of-Warcraft-10th-Anniversary-Bronze-statue-/161562476501?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item259ddfbfd5

Do people seriously think this thing is worth over twice the price of the ones Blizzard Employees got? The one the Blizz employees got were much more limited in quantity and over twice the size of these ones. Leave it to a WoW nerd to not understand economics.
I bet there's some dummy out there who'll buy it anyway.
It doesn't matter what it's worth to some.

Only what others will pay for it.
LOL 8K
If you have that money, why not buy the Grommash or Deathwing statue? Way more effort went into those.
He probably DOES understand economics. Theses will never be in higher demand than right now.
Considering it went to players that played just 60 days longer than anyone else, I'd have to say it's only worth $29.98.

Edit: Doing a little research however, I see they're actually worth $350.

http://gear.blizzard.com/index.php/default/collectibles-collectibles/grommash-hellscream-statue.html
He shoulda used Auctioneer...
Lol @ the 2nd picture, "Not for sale/resale"
"There's a sucker born every minute."
- P.T. Barnum
i bet you theres atleast one collector dumb enough out there to pay that much
ebay is the real life auction house...

overpriced.
01/16/2015 10:43 AMPosted by Temer
He probably DOES understand economics. Theses will never be in higher demand than right now.

I disagree. Blizz hasn't posted the requirements for getting it sent to players. So it very well may be that a huge number of players will get this item, and that it's simply being done in waves. People who have had lapses in their account have posted they got one on the way, so it's not "uninterrupted sub time the entire 10 years". Would be hilariously bad for someone to pay 3k for an item that ends up being sent to like 1 million people.
Buyers should play it like WoW:

Buy it for 8K and then flip it back on eBay for 10K.
I haven't looked at all but don't they sell them on the blizzard store?