Anniversary Gift

General Discussion
1 2 3 76 Next
We've been secretly working on creating a one-time gift to celebrate the WoW Anniversary, and it's now on its way to players that have been with us since the beginning. Emails have been sent to North America and Oceanic players to their registered address, which will include shipment tracking info. Our players in Europe will receive a similar email, and their shipments are expected to begin in the next few weeks.

If you're an NA region player (US, Canada, Oceania, Latin America) the receipt of an email is confirmation that you met the criteria to receive an Anniversary celebration gift. Emails have not yet begun to be sent out to our European players, but we'll start sending them soon. Shipment of the gift to EU players will begin in the next few weeks.

Criteria required to receive the gift:
  • Started playing WoW within 60 days of the game launch in your region
  • A continuous subscription for all 10 years, from launch to the Anniversary

We're thankful for everyone that chooses to spend time in Azeroth with us, and hope that this small token of appreciation expresses our gratitude to those few of you that have achieved the incredible milestone of playing World of Warcraft for all these 10 years.

[Update] All notification emails have been sent to NA and EU region recipients.
<3
Highly Rated
Any response to the folks who are claiming they have let their subs lapse and yet still received a statue?
I just got mine from UPS!

So freaking cool, thank you so much Blizzard. It's rare a company sends you a thank you gift.

You guys are the best!
Thank you so much for this! I was completely surprised when it came today, I thought I won something lol. It is amazing and the detail is unbelievable. Much appreciated :)
Highly Rated
How depressing.

I got the game on day 1, stayed subscribed all 10 years, but took I believe two breaks for about 2 months each due to real life problems.

I would've stayed subscribed despite the fact my father was dying if I had known one day it would count for something. I just unsubbed for a short while because I had no time to play then. Oh well... :/
Highly Rated
Subscribed for all 10 years except a two month lapse when escaping an abusing situation. Depressing on a number of levels.
Is there any chance that this, or something similar may be purchased from the blizzard store at any point in the future?
I say something similar as I can understand the reasoning behind not selling this particular one. As it is a specific reward for certain people who have been extremely loyal and dedicated to WoW.
Highly Rated
So if we've taken a break here and there, we don't count?

I've been playing since Dec 1 2004, but I've taking a few breaks from the game. I have played every year, and every expansion pack.
Just curious, is this a one time only thing, or a yearly one to other players as they reach the 10 years subbed mark?
Great gesture for those that started out with you from the beginning!
Nicely done, and gratz to those that receive them.

I'm sure you understand that there will be some grumbling...
It was suggested to me by a Blizz CS rep that I post on the forums. I am posting this here as well so that Blizzard employees may see it.

I have also had this account since Dec 7, 2004. I have been non stop subscribed aside from some difficult times financial in 2008, 2009 especially. I did not get anything , no email, nothing? May I ask why? I would like something to be done as the statue would be much appreciated. Some may not care for it, but I think its a very nice reward.

I contacted Customer Service and they recommended that I post here. My billing and shipping information is accurate and I would very much appreciate having this sent. Or if the devs or personnel responsible for implementing this gift can look over my profile.

It is disheartening that those that have had to suffer through financial hardships, tough times or even deployment will miss out, despite being loyal, actively subscribed and purchasers of the WoD.

Please reconsider, thank you.
Yeah, a bit unforunate, I've actually had two accounts since launch, one since the day of release and one from a few days after release. Had to take a break for a couple of months during wrath but then when I have been subbed I've usually had at least two accounts subbed at once, sometimes three, sometimes even four. Would have been nice if some provision was made to take that into account, but I can understand how that'd just blow the whole thing out then.

Anyway, congrats to the people who got one, looks awesome :)
01/16/2015 04:45 PMPosted by Snuzzle
Any response to the folks who are claiming they have let their subs lapse and yet still received a statue?
Very curious about this as well. Multiple people have said that they got one today, yet were not subbed continuously.
We've been secretly working on creating a one-time gift to celebrate the WoW Anniversary.

01/16/2015 04:56 PMPosted by Deãdpool
Just curious, is this a one time only thing, or a yearly one to other players as they reach the 10 years subbed mark?
A continuous PAYED subscription or just a subscription?
Very cool statue. Just want to say a huge thank you to Blizzard and for the years of entertainment in the past and the years to come.
01/16/2015 04:56 PMPosted by Deãdpool

This is my question as well, been subbed since march 05 with no dropoffs.
01/16/2015 04:56 PMPosted by Bebelusha
It is disheartening that those that have had to suffer through financial hardships, tough times or even deployment will miss out, despite being loyal, actively subscribed and purchasers of the WoD.

It really is disheartening. Tbh I don't really care about a statue, I mean it's cool and it would have been cool to get, I bet those who got one are ecstatic. But there are others who have been playing from the beginning more or less all the way, as you mentioned military deployments, out fighting to defend Blizzard's (and everyone elses) freedom, why would we maintain subscriptions for a game we can't play, not for lack of want, for up to a year at a time. And blizzard comes out and says "Nah you guys aren't really veterans, you're just rabble." I know that wasn't their exact words, but that's essentially what this is saying.

Edit: I know blizzard wasn't trying to alienate people. And this was probably just a PR stunt, rather than a sincere gesture so they forgot to consider the players they would be alienating. Spend a meager amount by creating a very restrictive criteria to look like they are giving back to the players. They should have done something that included all of the players, even if it was only a lottery.