Why is it so hard to believe...

General Discussion
that i am not from america???

Yes, a rather random topic but i have been accused not once but twice of faking my nationality. For those of you unaware playing on EU realms as an english/gaelic speaker only is very difficult. Realms are listed as english speaking but that in no way means people will speak english so because i only understand 2 languages playing US seemed more appropiate...

At first being told i was 'faking' an accent was funny, now its getting annoying
Shut up faker

I kid
I live in Canada and I've met Americans here who cannot fathom the idea that they are in a different country. I've been asked how long I've lived in Alaska >.>

It seems to depend on who you meet, there are people who can cope with the idea.

Also, based on my accent I've been identified as an Aussie, a Kiwi, a German, a Scot, an Irishman and most shockingly, English. I'm Welsh. I find it's best to politely correct people, or make a comment in Welsh :)

Edited for typo.
I get told all the time I'm a guy.

Who cares? Random assumptions from people I've never met mean less than nothing to me and they should mean equally little to you.

Roll your eyes and move on.
Are you 12..
01/10/2015 08:41 PMPosted by Hippeaux

Who cares? Random assumptions from people I've never met mean less than nothing to me and they should mean equally little to you.

Everyone knows you're not a guy.

You're a hippo.

We're all bros here, dude.

This^

Don't let idiots define you or your life. Don't argue with them if they say your accent is fake. Don't even respond.

Stupid people exist. Feel pity for them and move on.
use google translate
Chinese farmers get craftier every day