6.1 PTR changes

Druid
If you haven't already seen them. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17561381/61-ptr-patch-notes-1-23-2015 . There is the link. Now as a guardian druid this just pisses me off. They make 0 changes what so ever to help our class. They are just going to leave it as the ugly red headed step child of the specs and tell us to play something else.

I will admit I am new to tanking and have only started this xpac cause my guild needed a tank but up until about a week ago I wondered why tanking was so hard and everyone was telling me it should be easy. I was pretty decently geared and still pulling 13-15k if I was lucky and every other tank I ever run with is almost in the 20s. Maybe I am just bad at tanking but I have read the forums and I know a lot of you are unhappy with how broken and hard compared to other tank classes this spec has become. It makes me at least want to quit the game at times as I deal with guildies giving me !@#$ as I struggle to do mechanics without spells that every other tanking class has.

Thank you for reading my rant this far :) and feel free to tell me I am wrong and suck at tanking.
kitties untouched so far, not sure if that's good or bad
So where are those smug, special snowflake guardian druids telling us to chill and that Blizzard was gonna solve everything when 6.1 rolls around?
Druid

Talents

Bristling Fur (Guardian) now has a 30-second cooldown (down from 1 minute).

Force of Nature's Treants have been buffed with a 35% increase to their health and spellpower, and an 80% increase to their armor and attack power.

Guardian of Elune (Guardian) now also reduces the rage cost of Savage Defense by the Druid's base dodge chance percentage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Overall, lackluster changes imo.

Bristling fur change is okay, it might actually be good to use in multi-target raid fights where keeping pulverize up is unrealistic. That is a big might, though.

The Guardian of Elune change I don't really like; in fact, I hate it, yuck. Rage cost wasn't really the problem with that talent, its the fact that 3 seconds really isn't much, along with its still lengthy recharge time... I'd like the change that was made to GoE to honestly be made as a base change to Savage Defense in general, with rage cost reduction; and then some other buff added to GoE to add a second to its duration or something.

Pulverize still a talent...

Thrash initial dmg still so weak that I'm unable to even pull agro off healers in my raid with it when an add spawns. (tectus fight when shards spawn).

Single target damage still weak

Utility left untouched

Another disappointing part is Kitties were left untouched thus far. Was thinking for sure they would get some aoe changes.

Hopefully these changes are just a start and that more come. Surely they can't be everything.
Ummmm

They halved the CD of Bristling Fur.
They added cost-reduction for Savage Defense according to your dodge chance while in Incarnation.

Now, I'm not gonna tell you this fixes guardians, in fact I think that's pretty far from the truth. But it does give you more variety in level 100 talents, and improved Incarnation as a defensive cooldown.

The changes will come. They may not come as fast as we would like but they will come.
01/23/2015 06:06 PMPosted by Alame
Ummmm

They halved the CD of Bristling Fur.
They added cost-reduction for Savage Defense according to your dodge chance while in Incarnation.

Now, I'm not gonna tell you this fixes guardians, in fact I think that's pretty far from the truth. But it does give you more variety in level 100 talents, and improved Incarnation as a defensive cooldown.

The changes will come. They may not come as fast as we would like but they will come.

The problem isn't that the changes aren't neat, because they are (well, at least the bristling fur change is, the GoE change is eh....). Main problem is that Pulverize is still a talent as opposed to being baseline; and is just still looking best in most cases.. So basically, the changes they made are irrelevant and a waste of time until Pulverize is made a baseline ability.
I still think our dps could use a huge boost also. We are kinda a drag on the raid even if we become a huge dodge tank again and allows for our self heals to come back also. We still drag down the raid by 7-8k in dps. That is a lot
blizzard doesn't understand that we dont need buffs or nerfs we need a better mana regan for resto
The GoE change is something we've been asking for for a long time, because frankly it needed it. The talent actually cost you a ton of rage to use, which made it not just a bad talent compared to pulverize, but questionably useful compared to not picking any talent at all. The change should shave about 10 rage off of SD if you're spec'd into GoE, and keep the total amount of rage you spend the same as not having the talent.

At least now it's a good ~7-8% overall damage reduction, and has some situational use if dodging everything for 3-6s can break something. There's still no way you'll use it over pulverize for general ST tanking, but that has more to do with Pulverize being too good than GoE being bad. It's hard to justify other talents when taking it makes you take almost 18% extra damage from every attack.
01/23/2015 06:29 PMPosted by Nillie
blizzard doesn't understand that we dont need buffs or nerfs we need a better mana regan for resto

No need, our resto druid ended Mythic Mar'gok, a 15 minutes fight, with over 30% mana. Problem may be the fact you use too much wild growth and/or have a bad synergy with your healer mate.
Yeah the problem with resto is that if you want to be somewhat mana efficient, you have to basically be a rejuv spamming bot and not even touch wild growth. I don't even know what the point of having the ability is right now if it costs over 12k to cast. Top mythic druids right now literally say to never use it; that is an inherent problem with the ability imo.
No love for kitty's... lovely....
01/23/2015 07:14 PMPosted by Prolifics
Yeah the problem with resto is that if you want to be somewhat mana efficient, you have to basically be a rejuv spamming bot and not even touch wild growth. I don't even know what the point of having the ability is right now if it costs over 12k to cast. Top mythic druids right now literally say to never use it; that is an inherent problem with the ability imo.

I'm a huge huge resto Druid nub , but I pretty much use WG when many people need healing. Fights like butcher, brackenspore, twins, Ko'ragh.

One reason I use it so much is the healing. For me it heals for 5033 every 0.80 seconds. I find it mana efficient when lots of people need healing.
Wild growth is never mana efficient. Especially not when you're tree spec. : / Another awful thing about wild growth is it somehow always goes on someone that is full hp or almost full hp when there are like 8 people at 50% health. I've literally had times where I TARGETED someone that is 50% hp, cast wild growth, and had it NOT go on them, and instead go on someone at 90% hp.

It really wouldn't be a bad spell if it actually worked properly all the time.

Butcher is the one fight in HM that wild growth (and SoTF spec) are actually good on.

In my opinion though, WG is not good enough to justify its 12k+ mana cost. It needs to have its cost lowered by ~2-3k. 12.4k or whatever it is that it costs is just nonsense. Wild mushroom already costs enough as it is anyways considering that for it to be effective on most fights, you have to move it often before getting use out of even half of its duration. I don't see why they both need to be out of control cost-wise. And druids are like one of the only healing classes without a means of mana regen aside from mana pots. RIP innervate.
There is still zero choice in the 100 tier for Guardian Druids.
There is zero play ability right now for Guardians. We are just the worst tanks possible
wowhead data mining shows a damage multiplier change for rip from floor*(CP*.086*AP *8) to [floor(CP * (.096 * Attack power * 1 * ( 1 + $versadmg)) * 12)] damage

http://www.wowhead.com/news=245879/6-1-ptr-build-19508-selfie-camera-neck-heirlooms-new-blood-elf-models#classes

the .96 multiplier change is obvious. the 8x > 12x part is obvious. the $versadmg part i don't know anything about. anyone care to enlighten us as to how this will affect it? looks to me like ~20% boost in rip dmg, but i could be wrong...

they said there'd be no math...
This wasn't the balance patch. The next PTR build will have the class changes.
01/23/2015 10:24 PMPosted by Maimshot

Anybody else getting tired of this line?
01/23/2015 10:24 PMPosted by Maimshot

There are enough people on the Druid forums already who are playing lip service to anything Blizzard says. No wonder that we are paddling up !@#$ creek. Getting over this whole, wait and see or "we are not that bad" BS.