All you Fire mages!

Mage
So here's a question for you... do you use Meteor? I was messing around on Simcraft and it seemed to work well with Blast Wave/Unstable Magic.

Like, what's your default 75 + 100 talent pair up?
Few times i did Tectus as Fire i dropped both for UM and Kindling. Blastwave was alright in the rotation with meteor feeling out of place.
I like living bomb and meteor personally.
blastwave is a must I feel, the damage it does is far better than living bomb, and unstable magic is too RNG.

I use meteor for 100 talents, i just like the feeling of using it haha, but besides that it does pretty decent damage to a single target.
I only use fire on Tectus, and use Kindling and Living Bomb.

I'm not entirely sure kindling gets me an extra combustion though since I find myself delaying it, so I might tinker with meteor.
dragon's breath into meteor
Meteor is wondrous. I generally like to get a Pyroblast! proc, then keep doing my rotation until I get a Heating Up, then drop Meteor/Pyro if the Pyro crits I throw another Pyro then Combustion.
Meteor contributes to ignite for combustion so if you always line them up you'll deal lots of damage
12/23/2014 12:09 AMPosted by Crematejr
blastwave is a must I feel, the damage it does is far better than living bomb, and unstable magic is too RNG.

I use meteor for 100 talents, i just like the feeling of using it haha, but besides that it does pretty decent damage to a single target.

Single target, yes, BW is better than LB. 2 mobs LB scales ahead by 0.5% DPS (negligible obviously). At 3 mobs LB is 8.5% ahead of BW.

I only use Fire on encounters with 3+ mobs I can reliably damage. So right now I only really plan on using it on Tectus and 90% of the time forget to swap.

So obviously since I only use Fire for multi-target, I use LB. PC is a pain to use properly compared to Frost and Arcane so I don't bother. Kindling maybe when we get a lot more crit. Meteor is the default for now.
I probably wont bother using PC until 4pc as you cant build a worthwhile Combustion on PC yet. So Meteor it is for pretty much everything. LB for any extended cleave/AoE, BW for single-target and short lived AoE packs that come in bursts.

Also glyphed Dragon's Breath is absolutely wonderful.
12/23/2014 08:26 AMPosted by Garrod
I probably wont bother using PC until 4pc as you cant build a worthwhile Combustion on PC yet. So Meteor it is for pretty much everything. LB for any extended cleave/AoE, BW for single-target and short lived AoE packs that come in bursts.

Also glyphed Dragon's Breath is absolutely wonderful.

I'm an idiot today.
12/23/2014 08:57 AMPosted by Martyrr
You Combust the boss and then spread to PC.

You cant spread to PC. You can only spread DoT's FROM PC onto other mobs.
12/23/2014 11:57 AMPosted by Garrod
You Combust the boss and then spread to PC.

You cant spread to PC. You can only spread DoT's FROM PC onto other mobs.

Yep, I'm on the short bus today.
I'd like to try Techus as a Fire mage. With my current gear, is it worth it? I have a little over 12% crit.
12/23/2014 08:26 AMPosted by Garrod
I probably wont bother using PC until 4pc as you cant build a worthwhile Combustion on PC yet.

Even with the 4pc its still impossible to build a worthwhile combustion on PC since you cant time the 4pc and dropping PC after the 4pc procs just means you wasted the 4pc altogether since it only lasts 4secs.
12/29/2014 09:13 AMPosted by Latonius
I'd like to try Techus as a Fire mage. With my current gear, is it worth it? I have a little over 12% crit.

You get i believe an additional 15% crit from Molten and a stacking buff when Fireball/FFB dont crit. With your Multi and Mastery levels your DoT's will probably be on par with the direct damage from Fireball and Pyro.

I tested last night on the dummy with my gear as Fire. Did something along the lines of 24K DPS. Ignite, Pyro DoT, Pyroblast and FFB were all at an equal 19% of my overall damage. Remaining 24% was mostly spilt between UM and Combustion ticks.