WLS Still Competitive?

Arenas
Not sure what to do for 3's this season. Halp.
WLS and WLD are both strong comps, survival KFC is alright as well.
12/23/2014 10:21 AMPosted by Absterge
WLS and WLD are both strong comps, survival KFC is alright as well.

Yeah just played some survival KFC last night, first time trying it this season, went well.
WLS feels really dependent on queues. It's easy to hit huge win streaks, but its also easy to hit losing streaks. On a single day my team went up 100 rating, then down 100 rating, then back up 100 and then back down 100 and then up 50 then we stopped, between like 2300 - 2500 mmr. It feels very inconsistent, but it's still a really fun comp imo. Overall it's probably the strongest warrior comp atm. WLP is also strong if you're fighting cleaves mostly and not casters.

KFC with a pal is fine, altho I'm not really a fan of it. Fury TSG is viable if you have a really good healer and you + dk can do insane damage. I've seen WMD work as well but I think it takes way too much skill for that comp to be worth playing right now, when mages can just faceroll with RMD and warriors can WLS.

War/boomkin/rsham (or hpal and maybe dpriest) is also a pretty real comp if the boomkin knows how to clone. It's definitely capable of high ratings when played properly.
Thanks for the input. Do people more commonly run KFC as Fury or Arms in the current Meta?
12/23/2014 10:34 AMPosted by Sadistz
I've seen WMD work as well but I think it takes way too much skill for that comp to be worth playing right now

i'll do it!
12/23/2014 11:44 AMPosted by Bítesize
I've seen WMD work as well but I think it takes way too much skill for that comp to be worth playing right now

i'll do it!

iBelieve.
idk how anyone has rating with wmd atm

granted the 2 games i played it i probably didnt play all that well but still
Yeah, I feel the same way about WLS, depending on what you queue against it's either amazing or decent, though similar things can be said about ret/LS.
Can confirm W/L/Healer is mad fun to play. Best to play it as arms imo and if you plan to play KFC then go single minded fury.

This might just be the only comp i will be running this season once my irl friend gets back into playing his warlock. The comp has potential.
We're running WLS this season and have been stuck around 1800mmr, we've been just struggling surviving vs cleaves but we can make decent kills vs anything that doesnt have a hunter on it.

What should we be doing? Or what might we be doing wrong?

Spriest,hunter,x teams seemed to counter us in damage and we near immediately had to play on the defensive.

warrior,hunter,x and feral,hunter,x is the same thing

Our warrior seems to be dying a lot.

Whens a good time to be fearing?
01/10/2015 02:57 AMPosted by Violetgrasp
Whens a good time to be fearing?

all the time

wls allows the warrior to play pretty darn aggro because if he goes too far he can come back pretty easily and if the enemy team overchases wls literally SLAYS them

spam purge while in stun w/ full lock dots will 100 to 30% someone very quickly

enemy healer pushes back in > you punish him > repeat infinitely

arms can pretty much 100 to 0 someone if they get good damage and if someone is 20% they can instantly die to execute

just aim for 100% uptime because eventually with proper cc (and by proper cc I mean literally 1 lockout into fear) you can kill anyone

you should have a good record against hunter teams but only if your warrior is good at mass spell reflecting traps.
12/23/2014 11:54 AMPosted by Kíd
idk how anyone has rating with wmd atm

granted the 2 games i played it i probably didnt play all that well but still

wtf do you do vs disc/ret teams where you cant poly disc because of the lolret?

wmd seems like the no-purge tryveryhard way
WLS feels really dependent on queues. It's easy to hit huge win streaks, but its also easy to hit losing streaks. On a single day my team went up 100 rating, then down 100 rating, then back up 100 and then back down 100 and then up 50 then we stopped, between like 2300 - 2500 mmr. It feels very inconsistent, but it's still a really fun comp imo. Overall it's probably the strongest warrior comp atm. WLP is also strong if you're fighting cleaves mostly and not casters.

KFC with a pal is fine, altho I'm not really a fan of it. Fury TSG is viable if you have a really good healer and you + dk can do insane damage. I've seen WMD work as well but I think it takes way too much skill for that comp to be worth playing right now, when mages can just faceroll with RMD and warriors can WLS.

War/boomkin/rsham (or hpal and maybe dpriest) is also a pretty real comp if the boomkin knows how to clone. It's definitely capable of high ratings when played properly.

This is the reason I quit playing WLS. In all honesty I feel that WLD is far better, yuou dont have the purges but you have better heals and even if the rdruid gets ccd you are still being healed. The same tghing happened to us we kept going up 100 rating than back down over and over. Its a very que dependent comp. If the wrong teams are queing you might as well just call it a night. Ive had much better luck as scleave and wld this season although atm I tanked 150 rating due to junglecleave but thats a different story.
01/10/2015 06:21 AMPosted by Kêvx
wmd seems like the no-purge tryveryhard way

I mean there's still spellsteal

I wonder if defensive* stance prot warriors would work with WMD. It's been played in KFC so I can't see why it wouldn't work. Spellsteal + shield slam
every single comp is queue dependant

i'd say wls is the best ladder comp there is
I've played WMMonk to ~2450cr. It's pretty viable, but certainly not as good as WMD, which could push pretty far up the ladder I believe.

Kickbotting WLS is the scariest team to queue into by far :(.
01/10/2015 06:31 AMPosted by Nyz
every single comp is queue dependant

i'd say wls is the best ladder comp there is

No way it has to many counters. Jungle/Ebola/RLD/Good Godcomps/Dk/rogue/x and so on.