LFR too easy now.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
12/30/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Tetsubin
12/30/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Draenybrit

And people want it harder so that people like you can't say things like this.

Let's be honest, people have been saying that about LFR since its inception. If lfr players are having fun, it doesn't matter what raiders say about it.
Except the OP pointed out that WoD LFR is a complete joke compared to past LFRs, and I have to agree based on my own experience.

Stand in the Crystalline Barrage as long as you want on Tectus, it barely tickles (Normal will kill you in a few ticks). Dance around in the fire on Twin Ogron all day. I easily healed myself through 9 stacks in LFR even though it would be difficult to survive 3 stacks on Normal (with competent healers keeping me up, I might add).

People in LFR don't want to be spoonfed like babies. They want a chance to fight the bosses without committing to a raid schedule, but LFR no longer gives them that opportunity because the mechanics are so watered down that it can't even be considered raid content. It's more like an interactive video.
LFR was nerfed hard because of "raiders" that felt "forced" to do it every week. On the other side of that I wont miss MoP LFR because the queues were pretty insane and the fun level goes away after the 10th wipe one one boss just because pugs are that bad.

Right now LFR has to be super easy because Blizzard gutted all the gear LFR drops. There's no tier sets or anything fancy.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Let's be honest, people have been saying that about LFR since its inception. If lfr players are having fun, it doesn't matter what raiders say about it.
Except the OP pointed out that WoD LFR is a complete joke compared to past LFRs, and I have to agree based on my own experience.

[/quote]

People still said "lol lfr is so easy you might as well watch a video" regardless, in all past incarnations.
12/30/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Konwizzle
People in LFR don't want to be spoonfed like babies. They want a chance to fight the bosses without committing to a raid schedule

I will agree with you to an extent, possibly the level of difficulty can be pushed up, if by what you say is true. BUT, the reason why people don't want to commit to a raid schedule is because of time constraints, or they may not know a good enough guild to run with. If LFR was a challenge than people would expect better gear from it, and rightfully so. And, if the LFR was harder and people were wiping all the time because, no one uses VoIP in a pug, then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of working around time restraints? There are plenty of other routes to go if you want challenge, LFR is just fluff, that's all its ever going to be for. Again, its a situation where if you don't like it don't use it, no one is forcing you to. I think its so stupid, that the people who were complaining about raid situations during BC, and not getting a chance to see the content, are complaining now that its too easy for them. Why complain? It could be a situation like it was before where you better MAKE the time and have a great raiding guild, or else you wont see the outside of Kara anytime soon.
12/30/2014 01:41 PMPosted by Nightsbane
LFR was nerfed hard because of "raiders" that felt "forced" to do it every week. On the other side of that I wont miss MoP LFR because the queues were pretty insane and the fun level goes away after the 10th wipe one one boss just because pugs are that bad.

Right now LFR has to be super easy because Blizzard gutted all the gear LFR drops. There's no tier sets or anything fancy.

For real, MoP LFR was like herding cats. There was practically no communication within the raid. Even the lowest raiding guilds use vent or raid call to communicate with their raid. Waiting the hellish long wait for queue and whipping 10 times on a simple mechanic, totally defeated the purpose of LFR. LFR is supposed to be easy mode. Even high tier raiders know this. Serious raiders don't consider LFR worth doing, unless they had to fill a slot with a better piece of gear. Now, they don't have to do this. Now, they can just jump straight from heroics to normal mode raid, and skip LFR so they can spend their time more constructively in other areas, like learning normal or mythic mode fights so they can be ready for their weekly raid. It's just the way its going to be, we may as well get used to it, or make the time to join a serious raiding guild. Those area really your only two options.
12/30/2014 11:32 AMPosted by Alelsa
Not this yet again.

LFR is the progression step for people that can't do Silver Proving Grounds, and you want to make it more difficult?

LFR is not intended for people that can do Heroic dungeons. They have the option of diving in there too, but it is not targetted at them.

That and getting some gear for alts
12/30/2014 01:57 PMPosted by Frostscythe
12/30/2014 11:32 AMPosted by Alelsa
Not this yet again.

LFR is the progression step for people that can't do Silver Proving Grounds, and you want to make it more difficult?

LFR is not intended for people that can do Heroic dungeons. They have the option of diving in there too, but it is not targetted at them.

That and getting some gear for alts

I can see this as well. If you want to gear up an alt kinda quickly to be good enough to do normal raids, LFR should be for that as well.

Which past LFR?

"Group 'em up and AoE them all down" stone guards?

I honestly can't remember a hard LFR, other than a few fights that were considered "bugged" and nerfed within like, a day (garalon), or a couple with nonstandard mechanics.
What if Blizzard introduced Heroic LFR and kept current LFR the way it is? That way people who enjoy the convenience of LFR but want a little challenge can have something to do.

You can't force people into Normal raiding if they are not ready for it. I pugged Flex and Normal last expansion. I felt compelled to watch videos to learn the fights and min/max to stay competitive on meters. When I did not do this, I would get kicked. This is a normal dynamic in pugs and I am not eager to go back to it at this point of the expansion.

If Blizzard would introduce another tier of LFR and tune them like the current heroic dungeons that would be perfect.
12/30/2014 02:12 PMPosted by Aureus

Which past LFR?

"Group 'em up and AoE them all down" stone guards?

I honestly can't remember a hard LFR, other than a few fights that were considered "bugged" and nerfed within like, a day (garalon), or a couple with nonstandard mechanics.

Sure it wasn't that hard, but it wasn't stand-in-the-fire faceroll-your-way-to-epics either. You have a greater chance of being killed doing archeology now then in LFR.
12/30/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Doomclan
specifically from 'raiders' who felt 'forced' to run it to fill out a couple of slots that RNG proved less than favorable for

Hell despite the trinket/Tier Gear incident, raiders still feel pressured to go in. A 640 is better than that 636, after all. Barring some horrendous stat values, ofc. I still need an Offhand and Pants (That dont drop until the last boss in LFR) so until I get them, I feel like I'd be missing a chance to improve myself so that our raid goes that much more smoothly. Already feel bad enough about not doing CM for those rewards :/

So, despite what Blizz said their goals were regarding 'forcing' raiders to go in, they didn't really solve anything, plus agitated many of their other players by removing trinkets and tier.

Personally, if that truly was the goal, I'd of slapped LFR with 630 gear, same as Heroic, so folks could truly do whatever suits them. Perhaps have LFR guarantee Warforged (For the weekly lockout) or just remove the lockout for LFR. Takes the same amount of time as a Heroic Dungeon anyways. Sometimes less.

That doesn't tend to fly well with people, though. *Shrug*
12/30/2014 11:28 AMPosted by Arkiz

MY OVERALL POINT is that LFR is so easy it is boring now.

MY REQUEST is to please make LFR a bit harder; to the same difficulty that it was in MoP so that LFR will become fun again.

I want input.

Am I the only one seeing this or do others feel as I feel?

[/quote]

LFR is too easy and doesnt even require players to have silver in proving grounds to do. All you have to do is show up and do what dps,heal or tank and collect loot.

5 man Heroics are harder!
Just use the group finder to get normal runs. There are a ton out there, if you want a bit of challenge there you go. Or dive into heroics. I hope I get to a point where I never have to step into the LFR on a main.
I just want to say something.

I'm pretty casual. I play maybe 2 hours a night. Sometimes more if I'm off work and my son is taking a nap.

I don't raid with my guild, every boss kill I have got was from a pug. I pug 1 or 2 bosses at a time.

I'm 7/7n and 7/7 heroic. All pugs, all within my personal 2 hour limit.

This entire aruguement that lfr is for casual player who can't commit to long raid hours is complete crap.

The issue with LFR is the ilvl of the gear that drops. Its itimized even better then CM gear and CMs actually require a bit of skill and situational awareness.

When did blizzard start rewarding people this well for soing nothing? For not taking thr extra time when free to read up on how to play? Why are we giving people gear better then Heroic gear to people who "don't have time to commit". Why do prople get to link 6/7 achives from lfr to get into normal highmall raids?

A raid leader doeant give a crap if you are full 630 ilvl, they want to see achieves.

Heroics are dead because lfr.

Nerf lfr ilvl, and make it as easy as you want. No one will care.

The end.
Mop lfr dificulty justified the reward.

This is blizzard basiclly giving out free epics. And good ones too.

Its taken me 4 weeks to see my first 645 ilvl drop from a follower mission. These kids in two weeks are fully geared for standing around auto attacking a boss.
''now"?

Look, kindergarden is still easy. It's supposed to be easy.

It's ALWAYS supposed to be easy.

Even "now"
I don't even think it's about getting a group together, i think what people want is the old flex system where you can que for specific wings.
It's like I said before. Blizzard made it accessible for everybody to see the content now. Not like it was back in the day when progression took a good guild with good players. Now, since everyone complained about the situation back in Vanilla and BC, they changed it to an easy mode LFR so everybody (even total complete idiots,) could run the content. It sucks for those pseudo-serious raiders that want a "challenge," but this was a close enough compromise. If the gear is too good, they should tone it down a bit. By no means should you get a hefty reward for doing LFR. Blizzard even stated they wanted the gear in LFR to be not very good, so that way it would give incentive to serious raiders to go through normal progression. Another person on here was right as well too, you can still pug a normal raid, I don't know why anybody would want to do that considering there is NO communication in pugs, but its there just the same. If we up the challenge to a level where some people want it to be, we would have" hard mode, harder mode, hardest mode, harder harder mode, and hardest harder harder mode. Makes no sense really.
12/30/2014 04:50 PMPosted by Starburns
If the gear is too good, they should tone it down a bit. By no means should you get a hefty reward for doing LFR. Blizzard even stated they wanted the gear in LFR to be not very good, so that way it would give incentive to serious raiders to go through normal progression.

Given the average drop rate in LFR, and the fact you can only do it once a week, the ilvl really isn't an issue, you'll get better gear faster through follower missions than through LFR, and gear almost as good from heroics a lot faster.