Well Needed Content: A Train in Azeroth

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Love this idea, this man deserves a train...as do we all!
Hell yeah might as well make traveling more fun :-)
My only issue is, that I think it shouldn't have a line starting in Goldshire. Due to some RP Realms, being linked with Moonguard, and its Goldshire, it might not be the best of ideas.
I don't care how safe they call it. I would never step one hoof on a Gnome Train.
I would ride the train and say choo choo lol

Cant they just make a pvp instance of cop vs robber on the train would be pretty funny
Do it
I'm for it. Something for everybody.
Only if I get a Trainwrecker to go with it.
YES. I want a real train, not the underground one between IF and SW. Make it slightly slower than flight paths, add in a few PVP 'sabotage' quests, and make a 'neutral' line for southern Kamlidor, Northrend, Panda-Land, Outland, and Draenor, and we got a deal.
12/27/2014 11:43 PMPosted by Kuany
My only issue is, that I think it shouldn't have a line starting in Goldshire. Due to some RP Realms, being linked with Moonguard, and its Goldshire, it might not be the best of ideas.

When you sent this I had no idea what Moonguard was, so I checked it out... yeah XD I don't want to imagine what they would do on that train.
Sounds like it would be a neat idea. Perhaps even some sort of quest ride to have it opened up, similar to what we did with the Vol'jin rebellion and Gnomie-land events. Honestly I feel that having these events and seeing the results of them, the outcome, either for good or bad, would be a nice way to make changes in the world itself.
Give. me. a. train.
give us trains your damn birds are too slow blizz
12/29/2014 10:10 PMPosted by Elkarix
give us trains your damn birds are too slow blizz

I actually haven't thought too much on the speed of the train. Maybe it should be around the speed of the zeppelins and boats, but I'm not entirely sure what's best.
Bump
I mean... this is nice, but the game is already optimized for fast travel. It really can't get any faster unless they turn flight paths into waygates.

This is mostly flavor, it really is. Maybe back in vanilla this would have been awesome, but the vanilla areas have been tuned to go so fast, and quests where you travel the old zones for vanilla accolades have been either retired or the spells have become trainable.

This will be fun to experience for a little while, though.
This is a fabulous idea, OP. All of my gold.
Bump