How to fix Hunters

Arenas
1 2 3 7 Next
In addition to the incoming trap radius nerf:

- Freezing Trap cooldown 30 seconds across all specs

- BM Hunters need a weakness. Pet can no longer be killed and it is impossible for it to stay dead. Fix it.

- Wyvern Sting should be interruptable

- Aimed Shot should cost 30 focus period. I understand Hunter damage isn't really an issue, but if you're going to make me spam a 2.3 second cast that tickles fotm plate wearers, at least make it worth my time. I apologize to any Mages that disagree with me here.

- Black Arrow dispel protection changed. It should not reset the cooldown of Black Arrow, players should still be rewarded for attempting to prevent Hunter damage

- Hunter damage in general is too easy to poop out. SV and BM Hunters should NEVER be viable, given how mongoloid easy they are to deal damage with, relative to most other classes and specs. Anyone who argues that Survival/BM take more skill than MM because it's a 2 button spec is insecure, you have no idea how frustrating it is to watch people LoS your Aimed Shot right before the end of the cast, as well as Thrill of the Hunt falling off mid cast while under 50 focus.

- My favorite one- REMOVE EXOTIC MUNITIONS. This talent is garbage in every possible way. And I mean that from both ends of the arrow- this talent is an atrocity and if utility was the goal, the mark was COMPLETELY missed. A permanent slow that requires absolutely zero brain power on an already extremely simple class does NOT make any sense. Replace it with something else, maybe some pet utility concepts or something but holy !@#$ perma slows are so toxic I could probably die irl.

- The best talent in the 100 tier is also the worst because of how important pets are. Lone Wolf was an amazing concept, but the importance of a pet is far too great. I don't know where I'm going with this, because any buff to allow pets and Lone Wolf in any way shape or form would be gamebreaking.

Do not ask for minimum range and arm timers on traps, these were both incredibly clunky. I understand the frustration but given the current state of the game and power creep, bringing these back would likely break the class. In a perfect world, sure, but not in this meta. The radius on traps is a step in the right direction.

Again, Survival and Beast Mastery are so ridiculously easy to play I'd compare them with DKs. If the spec still uses Arcane Shot, it is a caveman spec. Marksmanship at this point is more fun to play as and against, simply because of the fact that Arcane Shot is no longer an option.
01/10/2015 02:10 AMPosted by Ryutiz

Nope, still completely broken. 30 second cooldown instant cast unavoidable 8s hard CC? Nope.
Interesting
Do not ask for minimum range and arm timers on traps,

The best solution is to ask for minimum range, arm timers, and all shots with cast bars be interruptable and susceptible to school lock outs.

THATS how you fix hunters

(along with almost everything else you said, besides lowering the cost of aimedshot. that doesnt need to happen)
What I don't understand is why everyone wants everything that Hunters cast to be interruptable? Cobra Shot and Steady Shot damage is incredibly low (except for Cobra Shot for Survival) but it's the only way for Hunters to regen focus. At the same time, you are making it harder on yourself because now you can't interrupt heals and other potentially life-threatening spells.

The Aimed Shot cost reduction is hardly going to change anything, because it already regenerates 20 focus when it crits. Having the ability itself is already a big penalty, and if it's going to be our filler it should at least not cost half our focus bar? (By the way, reducing Aimed Shot's cost by 20 is just a replacement to the current perk that regens 20 focus when it crits. This change is no different from the Backstab change for Rogues from Cata to MoP)
If Ferals and Burst of Speed were deleted from the game I wouldn't mind the dead zone coming back.
01/10/2015 02:12 AMPosted by Kisaki

Nope, still completely broken. 30 second cooldown instant cast unavoidable 8s hard CC? Nope.

You mean un like legsweep that you can use and fps through. Got cha i once list to a monk that should be on a one min cool down.
So what you want is for blizz to make sur/bm worthless while buffing mm. Screw mm ty god that you have no say in classes. Plz dont forget for every thing you hate about a spec some else lives it
GIVE THEM DEADZONE BACK.

So that melees can smash their faces in if they do not know how to kite with their 1532 kiting tools.

DO IT.
01/10/2015 02:49 AMPosted by Ryutiz
What I don't understand is why everyone wants everything that Hunters cast to be interruptable?

Hunter class design puts them in a position in which they'll probably always be weak, or too strong, never very well balanced.

Whether making them interruptible is a good decision, I dunno, but as it stands, hunters have the advantages of both melee and range, and none of the drawbacks of either (melee range, stationary and interruptible, that kinda stuff).

As for why everyone wants it, most people are knowledgeable enough to know that something is off, and oughta be changed, but take a look at the suggestions that get tossed around all the time. They're all pretty much awful.
01/10/2015 04:21 AMPosted by Kitemara
If Ferals and Burst of Speed were deleted from the game I wouldn't mind the dead zone coming back.

You have a 50% slow on your FUGGING AUTOATTACK and fly around the map every 12 sec

Why in the world do you fear ferals and rogues? Both are easy kills if you play decent.
01/10/2015 06:16 AMPosted by Kêvx
01/10/2015 04:21 AMPosted by Kitemara

You have a 50% slow on your FUGGING AUTOATTACK and fly around the map every 12 sec

Why in the world do you fear ferals and rogues? Both are easy kills if you play decent.

I am sure its because there the 2 classes that own hunters

Not sure if trolling.

Hunters have a counter for everything the rogue has. Rogue has to spam burst of speed and run out of energy to even get close to a hunter. If you can even get close they will just deterrence your burst...
01/10/2015 06:57 AMPosted by Cheaptrx

Not sure if trolling.

Hunters have a counter for everything the rogue has. Rogue has to spam burst of speed and run out of energy to even get close to a hunter. If you can even get close they will just deterrence your burst...

Um no you are a bad rogue then they do not frist of ur sliw dictates after the hunter gets away ur ontop for 12 secs. You have evasion so there no dmg done to u there. A good rogue can own a hunter fast.
01/10/2015 02:49 AMPosted by Ryutiz
What I don't understand is why everyone wants everything that Hunters cast to be interruptable?

01/10/2015 07:21 AMPosted by Bruise
Hunters are casters. You should have to follow the same general ruleset that all casters do. Being interruptable on every cast outside of aura mastery effects, and getting locked out prevents you from using other abilities of the same school for the duration.

inb4 kelarica
Kelarica is an idiot sure, but Hunters do need to be nerfed. I would be fine with the deadzone being brought back, but only if everyone got mobility nerfs.

Because, let's be honest here, everyone just has way too much mobility.