Class balance complaints.

Battlegrounds
Sadly as glaringly obvious as some of the broken things in this game are, class balance changes should honestly WAIT till every one or most every one has full conquest gear.

Why?

Because gear makes a difference, and making balance changes around the half hearted blue set most of have equipped right now is a sure fire method to ruin classes that do not need to be destroyed just because they are Op in the present gear state.

Prediction for class nerfs.

DK's, their self healing and survival mechanics are simply out of touch with reality; the DK's that don't know or have not yet worked out how to survive in pure live lord style simply don't know how to play their class yet.

Hunters, their ability to kite in conjunction with their self healing is pure insanity. Either their ability to kite melee and shut down casters needs a nerf OR their self healing needs to be mostly deleted.

Discipline shields; their ability to heal actually needs a buff, but their shields are a bit stupid. The argument to get a dispeller is stupid. You should not have to be bound to a partner NOT of your choice simply to fight a very popular class spec. Reflective shield glyph needs to be nerfed back down to its pre WoD state so that its useful but not silly like it is presently.

Druids; heart of the wild and incarnation I can actually see getting nerfed, they are way too powerful for the present meta game; back in MoP they were alright given how quickly players exploded, but now its a different story.

Mage, "Nova" talent, I can see this getting nerfed not in a damage way, but the mages ability to "Target" a player with it. Odds are they will make it work like frost nova where its AoE spreading out form the mage.

Warriors: Protection. I can see their damage getting nerfed across the board.

Rogue: combat, revealing strike will probably get nerfed to no longer work with kidney shot due to the mountain of QQ its receiving for valid reasons.

DK Blood: I can see their damage being nerfed across the board.

Predictions for class buffs based upon PVE numbers these are the things blizzard cares about.

Warlock Destruction: I can see their ability to cast being improved, so that they are not so easily countered by melee and hunters.

Warriors: I predict a slight damage buff.

Rogue: Combat / Assassination/ subtlety: I predict a DPS buff for all three rogue specs.

Shaman: Elemental, like warlocks I can see their ability to cast being improved, so that they are not hard countered by every melee or hunter on the map.

Monks: Wind walker, I can actually see a damage buff for these guys in the future, here is hoping.

Mages; fire and Arcane, I can see their hard cast abilities being buffed slightly; presently they are very weak.
12/23/2014 08:04 PMPosted by Khlause
QQ

I would agree in some, but then it became too obvious you just want everything but your class nerfed.
^ This has ZERO to do with what I want, its just a prediction of what will happen due to player based QQ.
Give chains of ice a cooldown, give warriors only one charge back, remove BOS.

Thats some problems solved.
12/23/2014 08:04 PMPosted by Khlause
Sadly as glaringly obvious as some of the broken things in this game are, class balance changes should honestly WAIT till every one or most every one has full conquest gear.

Why?

Because gear makes a difference, and making balance changes around the half hearted blue set most of have equipped right now is a sure fire method to ruin classes that do not need to be destroyed just because they are Op in the present gear state.

Prediction for class nerfs.

DK's, their self healing and survival mechanics are simply out of touch with reality; the DK's that don't know or have not yet worked out how to survive in pure live lord style simply don't know how to play their class yet.

Hunters, their ability to kite in conjunction with their self healing is pure insanity. Either their ability to kite melee and shut down casters needs a nerf OR their self healing needs to be mostly deleted.

Discipline shields; their ability to heal actually needs a buff, but their shields are a bit stupid. The argument to get a dispeller is stupid. You should not have to be bound to a partner NOT of your choice simply to fight a very popular class spec. Reflective shield glyph needs to be nerfed back down to its pre WoD state so that its useful but not silly like it is presently.

Druids; heart of the wild and incarnation I can actually see getting nerfed, they are way too powerful for the present meta game; back in MoP they were alright given how quickly players exploded, but now its a different story.

Mage, "Nova" talent, I can see this getting nerfed not in a damage way, but the mages ability to "Target" a player with it. Odds are they will make it work like frost nova where its AoE spreading out form the mage.

Warriors: Protection. I can see their damage getting nerfed across the board.

Rogue: combat, revealing strike will probably get nerfed to no longer work with kidney shot due to the mountain of QQ its receiving for valid reasons.

DK Blood: I can see their damage being nerfed across the board.

Predictions for class buffs based upon PVE numbers these are the things blizzard cares about.

Warlock Destruction: I can see their ability to cast being improved, so that they are not so easily countered by melee and hunters.

Warriors: I predict a slight damage buff.

Rogue: Combat / Assassination/ subtlety: I predict a DPS buff for all three rogue specs.

Shaman: Elemental, like warlocks I can see their ability to cast being improved, so that they are not hard countered by every melee or hunter on the map.

Monks: Wind walker, I can actually see a damage buff for these guys in the future, here is hoping.

Mages; fire and Arcane, I can see their hard cast abilities being buffed slightly; presently they are very weak.

the one thing I agree with is that blizz only cares about pve
12/23/2014 08:13 PMPosted by Kwizzlix
Give chains of ice a cooldown, give warriors only one charge back, remove BOS.

Thats some problems solved.

I totally agree, but blizzard will never do that no matter how much we groan about it.

Its not just double charge, heroic leap, burst of speed, feral shifting, etc.. Its that there are also too damn many spammy range snares in game at the same time on a much too short of a CD

I have said it numerous times that mobility, anti mobility, and counter mobility AKA gap closers, cap openers, snares and roots; all need massive nerfs across the board.

Unfortunately blizzard will not fix this in 6.X anything, instead we all get to suffer because they made a poor choice in balancing mobility.
12/23/2014 08:14 PMPosted by Prescious
Predictions for class buffs based upon PVE numbers these are the things blizzard cares about.Warlock Destruction: I can see their ability to cast being improved, so that they are not so easily countered by melee and hunters.Warriors: I predict a slight damage buff.Rogue: Combat / Assassination/ subtlety: I predict a DPS buff for all three rogue specs.Shaman: Elemental, like warlocks I can see their ability to cast being improved, so that they are not hard countered by every melee or hunter on the map.Monks: Wind walker, I can actually see a damage buff for these guys in the future, here is hoping.Mages; fire and Arcane, I can see their hard cast abilities being buffed slightly; presently they are very weak.

Arms Warriors need a DPS buff, fury is probably okay at the moment. I would wait before nerfing Prot/Gladiator more.

Combat/Assassination rogues definitely need a buff. But they may also need to look at reigning in CC a bit if damage is buffed to prevent rogues from globaling people down.

Elemental Shaman - biggest issue is being turret-y. Either need more DPS options (instead of waiting for lava burst to proc/come off cooldown) or more survivability. Lightning bolt/Elemental Blast are pretty weak and are barely worth the time it takes to cast. I would be cautious not too buff DPS too much because data I see is that their damage scales well with gear. Buffing off-heals could be another option - extremely weak for a castable heal.

Mages - data I am seeing is DPS scales extremely well with item level for Fire/Arcane.

Monks - don't know much about them, but from what I have seen Windwalker sucks and people are talking about Brewmaster being better in PvP.
i agree with only one part of this thread and that is you cant base current state of pvp off blue gear and we need to be full conquest gear before we start judging. However blizzard has said that they want to balance pvp by removing a bunch of cc and i have 7 toons that are currently 91-100 range. That being said all of my toons lost a ton of CC except my rogue. Rogues still have Garrote, sap, blind, kick, cheap shot, kidney shot, 100% dodge with evasion, cloak of shadows (removes all dots and makes them immune to fear), recupe heal and a healing (leaching poison) and they have smoke screen still and to top that off blizzard didnt remove burst of speed free snare removal with no cd. I think the Op posting in this thread just needs to be thankful that blizz hasnt nerfed rogues yet cause of all the classes i have seen atm rogues need a nerfing the worst!
Need to be nerfed as far as CC goes from what i have seen and i think burst of speed needs to go it takes no skill to run flags all day in a bg as a rogue with a blind and a gouge here and there and just spam burst of speed for the win.
I'm biased because I play a DK, but I don't think DKs are that broken, they're more middle of the pack. There's only 5 in the top 100 in 3s right now (the bracket that blizzard does PVP balance around). I really don't see a problem.

There are A LOT of paladins and druids, on the other hand.
As far as your rant about hunters goes i have been 1750+ xp in 2s the last six seasons prior to the release of wod and i can tell you hunter pvp is really broken atm Bm just dont do the damage that it did before and MM sucks period for pvp because of long !@# cast times of Aimed shot. Also for pvp lone wolf is a joke you lose spirit mend heal which you said hunters needed to lose all healing well we have thanks to lone wolf talent and then by taking damage boost you lose masters call as well another survivability tool. With long cast times of aimed shot and they added a cast time to wyvern sting makes it too easy to los the hunter and end up in the winners circle while you laugh and run around pillars for the win.
id say for rated bgs MM is good atm but for arena its a joke!
Green arrow, you really missed the point man, I was not saying these are MY ideas for class nerfs, I was saying these are most likely what will happen based upon how things are and the complaints you see on the forums.

Blizzard in hopes to keep their customers kinda sorta happy will nerf classes; its just what happens.
I am sitting in the shadows, waiting for the nerf batt to hit blood DKs were it hurts. Their damage is just absolutely absurd right now. I don't care what class/ spec you are, it should not take 2-3 attacks to bring your health down to 20%.
Ya know why this thread is garbage? Just go back and look at every single response to the beta testers that tried to tell people how bad it was. The response was "just wait, it's beta, they aren't done tuning yet!"

Then when the patch hit, people were awe-struck at how bad the imbalance was, but once again all the fan bois and blizzard suck ups said the same thing," just wait till you hit 100, the game isn't balanced for lvl 90, stop crying!"

The when people hit 100 they tried to pint out how it was still bad and once again we heard," you don't gear yet, you're gear score isn't high enough to complain, get gear!"

Now we are far enough into the game for people to know, not guess or speculate but know what is what and that in fact the pvp devs are completely biased and ignorant and gave no clue what they are doing and the same classes are STILL over powered as hell and here YOU are saying, " wait until
everyone gets arena gear!?"

The freaking example of insanity right here. Keep saying it doing the same thing over and over, each time expecting a different result.

You're delusional OP.
Melees get stronger as ilvl improves and casters get weaker. Waiting for ilvl to increase will makes things only worse.
12/23/2014 08:56 PMPosted by Catfister
I'm biased because I play a DK, but I don't think DKs are that broken, they're more middle of the pack. There's only 5 in the top 100 in 3s right now (the bracket that blizzard does PVP balance around). I really don't see a problem.
Looking at the top 100 is an absolutely terrible idea. Take a look at 2K+ to get a better idea:

-There are 3498 players at 2K or above in 3's right now; 6.7% are frost DKs. That's not a high % but given the fact that the top DPS spec (ret) is only at 10% it's not too shabby.
one main problem I see is casters don't stand a chance with class that can intereupt... stun... silence... and cc
you just can't get a spell off in time. interupt school lock 5s.... stun 5s... silence 5s
12/24/2014 09:37 AMPosted by Akorios
one main problem I see is casters don't stand a chance with class that can intereupt... stun... silence... and cc
you just can't get a spell off in time. interupt school lock 5s.... stun 5s... silence 5s

Excellent point. One thing people tend to ignore is that even though stuns/silences have shorter durations when used consecutively, they still will interrupt a spell being cast.
I agree with almost everything. However I dont agree with the hunter part, more or less its the kiting that allows them too heal. Hunters are tailored to be a counter too melee and casters in certain aspects. However hunters just have disengage and no movement increase a slow and one form of cc at a time on basically a minute cool down. So atm hunters are in a good spot and don't need to be changed. Because as much as people QQ about hunters they know that hunters are squishy once you hit them.