Feral in BRF+

Druid
Correct me if I am wrong but in HM feral is one of the worst dps classes in game while boomie hits hard as a truck.

If this is the case will ferals be getting tweaked and buffed to be as good PVE as they are PVP?
Feral is fine in highmaul, single target we're roughly top five dps overall. BRF..... we're going to fall off significantly outside of boss damage when we're left to tunnel.

Good rip and rake buffs (if needed remove the double damage from stealth perk and replace it with something else pref one increasing SI's duration and making it usable while stunned) and then better AoE, and we're set. Would rather have feral have great dots and so-so direct damage outside of zerk than just be a single target MoP Enh Sham.
fight mechanics not withstanding;;
As long as Feral can stay on a single target - or sometimes on up to 2 targets that will persist through the fight - we're fine.

It's when there's 3+ targets//AoE - particularly cleaving down adds and the like - that feral falls pretty short. Especially if they're the kind of high priority thing they expect everyone to swap to. The change to have combo points on self rather than target helped in that regard, to be sure, but when said adds won't live more than 20 seconds, including when they spawn and travel time to your melee cluster, it's just hard to justify swapping to them when you'll have around 19 seconds (at best) to actually do anything to them.

Imagine a fight like Brackenspore. I literally don't bother to swap to spore shooters, even if they are close enough for other melee to be cleaving. I only tend to swap to mind fungus if it's going to be a problem for the casters in the immediate future, or I have 5 combo points and can get a spikey bite on it. Beyond those two things it's either double dotting with more focus on the giant fungal behemoth, or tunneling the boss.

Feral really needs something to help with the aoe and/or cleaving situation. It just seems to be part of the melee toolkit to have an ability that does something to a primary target, and potentially a secondary target for free (this is a cleave..) -- as opposed to point-blank AoE's that aren't even worth using with 6 targets in range... which means either give us a real cleave, or buff thrash/swipe to be worth using as placeholder cleaves.
01/24/2015 01:28 AMPosted by Adramelk
Feral really needs something to help with the aoe and/or cleaving situation

Thrash spreads rake, make it happen blizz!

Remove double rake damage from stealth if that some how makes it hard to balance. Nerfs nelf and removes a weird opening gimmick that just adds to the one thing we have too much of, opening burst.
On 5 equally or poorer geared toons that I have at level 100 I do better in every fight than I do on my feral. This is even on Kargath who is mostly a single target fight. On the other hand I do great as Boomer.

This is the case even if i use the claw add on exactly, which I tried since I figured I must be doing something wrong. Please make them fix my Kitty!
I really gave up on trying to grab their attention when it comes to the feral AoE issue.

I will most likely reroll balance, even tho i fkn hate the spec. Its absurdly retarded how they just ignore this issue as if its just a minor one.

It's a huge problem with the spec, and the main issue why people dont want ferals in their raids atm. Our aoe sucks. period
01/24/2015 12:27 AMPosted by Krayik
Feral is great in highmaul, single target we're roughly top five dps overall. BRF..... we're going to fall off significantly outside of boss damage when we're left to tunnel.

Good rip and rake buffs (if needed remove the double damage from stealth perk and replace it with something else pref one increasing SI's duration and making it usable while stunned) and then better AoE, and we're set. Would rather have feral have great dots and so-so direct damage outside of zerk than just be a single target MoP Enh Sham.

We're 12th for Single Target. Wouldn't call that great.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6#boss=1706&dataset=100
01/24/2015 09:19 AMPosted by Grayfox

You can't look at absolute max. Those are extremes and outliers. It's rediculous for anyone to try and balance at the absolute pinnacle of gear feeding in certain guilds as well as best case scenario RNG. Bump it to around 80 or 90th percentiles to get a much more reasonable average.
01/24/2015 12:14 PMPosted by Krayik
01/24/2015 09:19 AMPosted by Grayfox

You can't look at absolute max. Those are extremes and outliers. It's rediculous for anyone to try and balance at the absolute pinnacle of gear feeding in certain guilds as well as best case scenario RNG. Bump it to around 80 or 90th percentiles to get a much more reasonable average.

Bump it to whatever you want, we're not top 5. And that's a pure single target fight, our best case scenario. If we can't do well there we can't do well anywhere.
We're 6th, that's not horrible. Just because we're not on top doesn't mean we're broken. Arcane pretty much only does single target, Arms just got nerfed, everyone knows demonology is overtuned since 40% of their damage is in one spell, ect ect. I stated earlier feral could use bleed buffs but we're not horrible.
No we aren't horrible at single target, nobody is saying that. But if that's the only thing we're good for it's important to realize we aren't the best at single target. Arcane has other specs available to them, as does Arms and Demo. Ferals can't be balanced around having another DPS spec to switch to on certain fights.
I totally agree and I'm expecting to see feral changes since we were pretty much intentionally left off the patch notes currently, but if you remove those specs we're still pretty up there for single target. Let's just not kid ourselves and say that we're bottom tier single target as well.
Literally nobody is saying we're bad at single target. That's not the issue. I'm just saying we aren't the best at single target, and we're useless in AoE. A pretty bad combination.
Being 12th is pretty bad, and I don't disagree with you on pretty much any of it, though I'm afraid the only change we see is "savage roar now increases physical damage by 50% up from 40%"
01/24/2015 12:25 PMPosted by Krayik
We're 6th, that's not horrible. Just because we're not on top doesn't mean we're broken. Arcane pretty much only does single target, Arms just got nerfed, everyone knows demonology is overtuned since 40% of their damage is in one spell, ect ect. I stated earlier feral could use bleed buffs but we're not horrible.

6TH!! LOL, really you must be looking at different logs than me! At best I am seeing 15th and that is single target in a perfect world for which it never is in feral!

Realistic is closer to 20th.
Never use max dps parses as any form of realistic comparison. Comparing max is about as useful as comparing absolute bottom. Both are outliers
01/24/2015 01:43 AMPosted by Krayik
01/24/2015 01:28 AMPosted by Adramelk
Feral really needs something to help with the aoe and/or cleaving situation

Thrash spreads rake, make it happen blizz!

Remove double rake damage from stealth if that some how makes it hard to balance. Nerfs nelf and removes a weird opening gimmick that just adds to the one thing we have too much of, opening burst.

Thrash spreading rake would be glorious, but it would put us up there with enhancement shamans for most OP aoe... which would probably lead to windwalker-level nerfs down the line.

01/24/2015 12:49 PMPosted by Krayik
Being 12th is pretty bad, and I don't disagree with you on pretty much any of it, though I'm afraid the only change we see is "savage roar now increases physical damage by 50% up from 40%"

You say that like it wouldn't singlehandedly propel us from middle of the pack to stupidly overpowered.
Besides all the rankings and logs, why would you take a feral if you had a choice of other meele? They're average dps at best with awful AoE. Ferals are a straight up liability on AoE heavy fights.