Guardian hugely nerfed

Druid
So I logged on to my Druid to go tank Highmaul and I noticed I'm missing 400 BA and 1000 AP now. I went from 70% physical damage reduction to 52%. Is this an intended nerf?
what aren't you telling us here?

at current gear levels there is no way you had 70% physical damage reduction

and the only way to be missing bonus armor is if you aren't wearing the pieces that give it to you
This is my druid. Maybe I was bugged and have been fixed then. I was sitting at just over 1100 BA until today. Which my gear doesn't even add up to. I must have been receiving an inappropriate amount of BA. I hadn't paid much attention and had assumed that BA was also affected by the bear form 250% bonus. That would also explain the drop in AP as the increased BA would have made up the difference.

Explains why I couldn't figure out how other druids took so much more damage. Oh well it was fun being a god while it lasted.
Uh, I'm hoping you were mistaken, not bugged, because otherwise that raises the spectre of the ghost talent issues at the beginning of cata. The ghost talents that everyone was balanced against, but not everyone had. Yeah, that was fun.
Nah, there was/is some kind of bug with bonus armor. It's why the top butcher log for bears is like 4k DPS ahead of #2 and is an unkillable beast despite spamming maul: the guy had like 3k BA, of which only ~800 was actually on his gear.
Well, that explains a lot. Here we go again.
So, this is a known issue? Or at least known to some? I have to wonder if this is why some people think we are fine and everyone else sucks at being a bear. Because that's never happened before...
01/27/2015 03:40 PMPosted by Gilgalen
So, this is a known issue? Or at least known to some? I have to wonder if this is why some people think we are fine and everyone else sucks at being a bear. Because that's never happened before...

I've only seen it on that one guy. It certainly hasn't happened to me, and doesn't look common at all.

It also has such an impact that he just spams maul and is more durable than tanks who try, so it wouldn't make people think we're "fine"... it would make people think we're godlike.
This could certainly explain why some people thought our damage and survivability were okay; 3000 bonus armor is about the gap between us and other tanks.